Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Oz restores Lex to his evil self?

Or they pull a swerve and Oz truly is an alternate version of Lex? I never bought into the theory before, but having Lex and Oz have a confrontation like this certainly makes me wonder. Its not much, I still say 80% sure he's Veidt, but its got me at least slightly considering something else. But either way for the love of god this HAS to be when they tell us who he is one way or another.

What a difference a year makes though. Action sounds like its going to be a lot better than Superman this summer.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-22-2017 at 01:01 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Or they pull a swerve and Oz truly is an alternate version of Lex? I never bought into the theory before, but having Lex and Oz have a confrontation like this certainly makes me wonder. Its not much, I still say 80% sure he's Veidt, but its got me at least slightly considering something else.

What a difference a year makes though. Action sounds like its going to be a lot better than Superman this summer.
    Yeah, poor Jurgens was stuck doing the heavy lifting in terms of making sense out of the mess that was made. Now the shackles are off, Dan is doing some good stuff. It may rival the heyday of his original run.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

So the new Fatal Five is:

- Emerald Empress

- Magog

- Solomon Grundy

- Indigo

- Some robed woman.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yeah, poor Jurgens was stuck doing the heavy lifting in terms of making sense out of the mess that was made. Now the shackles are off, Dan is doing some good stuff. It may rival the heyday of his original run.
    In retrospect that definitely looks to be the biggest factor in what I saw as a very poor title at the time. I probably put more on what I was assuming a degradation of overall talent than was deserved.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Is Jurgens off Action Comics? Rob Williams seems to be the writer for that month. Has anyone heard anything on this being long term or not?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Default Superman August FULL Solicitation (Rob Williams on Action)

ACTION COMICS #985

Written by Rob Williams, art and cover by Guillem March, variant cover by Mikel Janin.

"Eve of Destruction," part one! Superman finds himself side by side with Lex Luthor once more, but is his former foe truly committed to being a hero, or is it just a ruse to gain the Man of Steel's trust? As world events point to something dark on the horizon, the mysterious Mr. Oz makes his final move against the Man of Tomorrow.

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on August 9.

ACTION COMICS #986

Written by Rob Williams, art and cover by Guillem March, variant cover by Mikel Janin.

"Eve of Destruction," part two! The inhumanities of Earth put even Superman's trust to the test as he and Lex Luthor begin to see a pattern emerging that points to Mr. Oz and his agents. When Lex confronts Mr. Oz alone, one walks away changed forever.

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on August 23.

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #13

Written by Scott Lobdell, art by Dexter Soy, cover by Mike McKone, variant cover by Guillem March.

"The Life of Bizarro," part two! Bizarro is dead...or is he? To save Bizarro's life, Red Hood and Artemis must turn to Lex Luthor, Bizarro's creator, who claims he can resurrect their fallen friend. But what plans does Luthor have for his one-time companion? The battle for Bizarro begins here!

SUPERGIRL #12

Written by Steve Orlando, art and cover by Robson Rocha and Daniel Henrigues, variant cover by Stanley "Argerm" Lau.

"Emerald Eradication," part one! Emerald Empress' attack on Supergirl begins as her new Fatal Five assembles. Empress' plan to destroy Supergirl's present to preserve her future goes into full swing as Supergirl tries to hold her own -- but soon even her abilities are out of her control.

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on August 9.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-22-2017 at 01:32 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

SUPERWOMAN #13

Written by K. Perkins, art by Stephen Segovia and Art Thibert, cover by Ken Lashley, variant cover by Renato Guedes.

"Return to Smallville!" Searching for an explanation of the source of her powers, Lana traces her steps back to high school with a teenage Clark Kent in Smallville. With Lana's role as Superwoman hanging in the balance, Lex Luthor makes an unexpected appearance.

TRINITY #12

Written by Rob Williams, art and cover by Clay Mann, variant cover by Bill Sienkiewicz.

"Dark Destiny," part one! Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman must turn to the mystic trinity of Dead Man, Zatanna and John Constantine when Red Hood, Artemis and Bizarro are sacrificed into the depths of the Pandora Pits by Circe and Ra's al Ghul.

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on August 16.

NEW SUPER-MAN #14

Written by Gene Luen Yang, art by Billy Tan, cover by Philip Tan, variant cover by Bernard Chang.

"The Zero Ultimatum," part four! The Justice League of China retains one final chance to rally its forces and begin a counterattack in villain-occupied Shanghai as Emperor Super-Man conquers the city. As Kenan fights to save his city and its people, a final casualty shakes the young hero to his solid-steel core.

Last edited by Superlad93; 05-22-2017 at 01:31 PM.

SUPERGIRL ANNUAL #1

Written by Steve Orlando, art by Steve Pugh, cover by Robson Rocha.

"Emerald Eradication," part two! With her powers out of control, Emerald Empress takes the upper hand over Supergirl! These deadly tactical strikes will rattle the Girl of Steel to the core!

48 pages, $3.99, in stores on August 30.

SUPERMAN #28

Written by Peter J. Tomasi, Patrick Gleason and Keith Champagne, art by Doug Mahnke and Jaime Mendoza, cover by Doug Mahnke, variant cover by Jorge Jimenez.

"Fear Itself," part one! The writing team of Tomasi and Gleason are joined by co-writer Keith Champagne in a story that returns to their Green Lantern roots and asks the question "What scares Superman?"

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on August 2.

SUPERMAN #29

Written by Peter J. Tomasi, Patrick Gleason and Keith Champagne, art by Doug Mahnke and Jaime Mendoza, cover by Ryan Sook, variant cover by Jorge Jimenez.

"Fear Itself," part two! This looks like a job forā€¦Sinestro?! Thrust into the anti-matter universe of Qward, Superman's only hope is the former greatest of the Green Lanterns!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on August 16.

SUPER SONS #7

Written by Peter J. Tomasi, art and cover by Jorge Jimenez, variant cover by Dustin Nguyen.

"Planet of the Capes," part two! Monster maker Kraklow puts Superboy to the test during his first team-up with Damian Wayne's Teen Titans. As wave after wave of Kraklow's wicked creations try to overwhelm the Teen Titans, can Superboy turn the tide in this onslaught of enemies?

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on August 16.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-22-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Oz restores Lex to his evil self?
    It sounds like whatever happens really shakes Lex up, at any rate.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That he's filling in on two different titles, after also helping some with the current Trinity stories, just makes it look like a temp thing. But I'm glad to have three titles from Williams, especially with March and Mann. Pretty underrated guy. Cool looking month.

So the Supergirl annual is $4 and Trinity will be $3? Interesting.

BANNED

Lex is all over the place this month

Thoughts:

- Looks like we're going to finally be getting some Oz revelations, and that it'll be pertinent to Lex to some degree. Cool to have Guillem March drawing Superman .

- I wonder if Forever Evil still counts as far as Luthor and Bizarro's relationship goes?

- So the new Fatal Five is Emerald Empress, Magog, Indigo, Solomon Grundy, and a mystery woman? Still, a pretty eclectic and dangerous team for Kara to go up against .

It's worth noting that Rob Williams is also doing Trinity that for August. I super doubt that Manapul is off the book. So by that logic, I can only imagine that he's filling in for both books. It might also explain why Keith Champagne is on Superman for August. However, that might be a bit different because the solicitation makes a point to mention Champagne coming on the book as co-writer. Tomasi and Champagne have also collaborated before on a Superman pastiche book for DC, The Mighty. So that might be more of a long term situation.

Not sure. Any word from Jurgens?

Whatever the case, I'm pretty hype for August. All my favorites sound dope.

Side note: Scott Lobdell Superman writing is not at all my favorite, but that The Life of Pablo/"The Life of Bizarro" joke is low-key fire lol

'Another Causualty' in the New Super-Man solicit makes me nervous. I love all the characters alot