Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cool to have Guillem March drawing Superman .
    Take a second and look at the art for all of August for the Superman book. It's gonna be banana!!!

- I wonder if Forever Evil still counts as far as Luthor and Bizarro's relationship goes?.
    I hope so. I really liked the idea of Lex finding a friend in a broken clone of his greatest foe.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Action Comics... Oz here? I think that I am not interested..

Red Hood and Outlaws... FINALLY BIZARRO WITH RED BOOTS?

Supergirl: Awesome cover.. Funny Magog face in the annual..

New Super-Man... Kenan seems the bad but... I think the Super-man Zero should be the villain here..

Superman... Sinestro return.. I should see this.

Super Sons... First Wally now Aqualad is here(this is before Aqualad joins the TT).... But I think that is strange add a new member for the TT in another comic...

Trinity
    ... Ok, I should see this for my beloved outlaws..

Superwoman... New origin... Lex Luthor here... now this is his fault..

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I hope so. I really liked the idea of Lex finding a friend in a broken clone of his greatest foe.
    I liked too, that relationship.... But Bizarro is member of the Outlaws... Lex should accept this.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Ah Rob Williams on Action... Didn't notice.

Anyway,all the solicits look good.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I finally start to appreciate Jurgens and his run and he's off the book?(at least for August) Nothing on Williams, I guess Jurgens just needed a break after writing so much and also doing art on the side.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Maybe Jon Kent is going to be in Teen Titans Go? There's a baby Superman on the cover, but the solicit only mentions them starting a babysitting service, not the JLA being de-aged.

Also, thank god, please let this be permanent on Action. Williams wouldn't by any means be my first choice based on the batting average of his output, but he's certainly written stuff I've liked before, and that one amazing story in Adventures of Superman with Chris Weston. Not to mention Oz's "final move", so maybe we're finally coming to the end with him.
    Buh-bye

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I know I won't be complaining. I've been digging Jurgens resent stuff on Action Comics, but I'll never turn down Rob Williams writing Superman for a while. The dude's writing got me to read Suicide Squad (a property that I either actively dislike or am totally apathetic towards), and he got me to finally like Zod as a villain.

I also like the way he writes Lex. I'm gonna be all over Action and Trinity when they come out!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

That Oz showdown...the hype is real.

Fantastic Member

Ah, the Jurgens hate never really goes away, does it? Yawn.

Williams is still on Suicide Squad in the August solicits as well, so combined with him also writing Trinity that month, it looks like he's just filling in. DC's not going to overload someone like that on a permanent basis.

It's also on Jurgens' Twitter that he's working with none other than Jon Bogdanove on a to-be-announced project, so maybe that's what will be keeping him away from Action for that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Ah, the Jurgens hate never really goes away, does it? Yawn.
    Yeah, I've never understood the hate? The first Action arc was whatever but the rest has been good.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Williams confirmed on Twitter he's just on for these two issues, Jurgens is back in September with 987.
    Buh-bye

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    It's also on Jurgens' Twitter that he's working with none other than Jon Bogdanove on a to-be-announced project, so maybe that's what will be keeping him away from Action for that time.
    It's part of the Kirby special. Hopefully, Bogdanove doesn't stay a stranger after returning for this mainstream project.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    It's part of the Kirby special. Hopefully, Bogdanove doesn't stay a stranger after returning for this mainstream project.
    My dream is to see Bogdanove return as a regular Superman artist eventually. I really loved how his art evolved to a very Joe Shuster-esque style towards the end of his MOS run.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Fantastic Member

Wow, a lot of Lex in these solicits. A part of me misses evil Lex, but there's also another part of me that hopes he doesn't turn to the dark side again. I've been enjoying his attempts to be good.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - So the new Fatal Five is Emerald Empress, Magog, Indigo, Solomon Grundy, and a mystery woman? Still, a pretty eclectic and dangerous team for Kara to go up against .
    Brainiac 8/Indigo most likely, by the looks of it. Plus the character did appear in the TV show, and they kind of tend to bring in elements from the TV show to the comic.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Totally missed that. Wish they'd gotten the assignment Howard Chaykin did - we could have had Dan and Bog back with the Newsboys and Dan Turpin (though I do expect Chaykin to be awesome with this).