Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by stephtanner View Post
    Wow, a lot of Lex in these solicits. A part of me misses evil Lex, but there's also another part of me that hopes he doesn't turn to the dark side again. I've been enjoying his attempts to be good.
    I know it wasn't meant to last but I loved Lex 'I'm a hero you idiots' Luthor.

Quote Originally Posted by stephtanner View Post
    . . . A part of me misses evil Lex, but there's also another part of me that hopes he doesn't turn to the dark side again. I've been enjoying his attempts to be good.
    I'm enjoying the not-so-evil Lex as well. It makes him a bit more multi-layered to have his scheming side as well as a slightly heroic aspect.

BANNED

While I don't think they're August issues, it's still new information so I thought I'd just throw them in here

Apparently there's been some creative team and plot changes to Justice League#23 and 24

Tom DeFalco has been roped in for one issue dealing with Black Flag, while Aquaman's Dan Abnett will pen an issue which sees Mera take on the whole League.

The League takes on an extremist anti-terror group led by a dangerous fanatic named Black Flag. But by trying to stop him and his paramilitary team, is the League actually making the world less safe from terrorism?

Continuing the ocean-shattering events of AQUAMAN #25, the League confronts Mera, who is desperate, reckless and emotionally exhausted by what’s happened to Arthur Curry. And when she shows Arthur’s teammates exactly how powerful she is she does not hold back! This special tale is written by AQUAMAN writer Dan Abnett!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05...-trevor-scott/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Tom Defalco has always been a terrible writer, but I'm excited for the dan abnett issue to come out

BANNED

A little update on Hitch's status with JL. He's back with the twenty-fifth issue, he won't be drawing the six part Legacy arc, that will be left to Fernando Pasarin, but he will still be writing it, he'll return to writing AND art duties following that

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05...25-32-onwards/

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Tom Defalco has always been a terrible writer
    As a fan of his Spider-Man work, and Spider-Girl in particular, I disagree.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-25-2017 at 07:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    A little update on Hitch's status with JL. He's back with the twenty-fifth issue, he won't be drawing the six part Legacy arc, that will be left to Fernando Pasarin, but he will still be writing it, he'll return to writing AND art duties following that

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05...25-32-onwards/

As a fan of his Spider-Man work, and Spider-Girl in particular, I disagree.
    I've only read his DC work , glad you enjoy him. And that sucks regarding Hitch, hopeully he leaves soon enough. I was hoping scott snyder would take over the book after metal ends.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I've only read his DC work , glad you enjoy him. And that sucks regarding Hitch, hopeully he leaves soon enough. I was hoping scott snyder would take over the book after metal ends.
    Out of his DC work, I've only ever read Tom D's Superman Beyond one-shot from years ago, which was alright. He's a very hands-on guy, always dependable. I love that he finds routine work with various industry bigwigs even now, from Archie, to Marvel, to DC.

At the time, he was even hand-picked to write the then-final issue of the more traditional take on the Archie comics before Mark Waid rebooted it and made it more for Young Adults. They've since brought back the more innocent Archie format with the My Pal Archie series written by Ty Templeton, while still continuing Waid's title, and adding Riverdale to the mix..not that there's much difference there.

At first I thought you were sad Hitch was off like he was ill or something, then I read the rest of your post, rofl

Man, I never knew the negativity about Hitch was that bad. I enjoyed a bit of his early stuff, but his run didn't hold my interest and I lapsed completely.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-25-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Out of his DC work, I've only ever read Tom D's Superman Beyond one-shot from years ago, which was alright. He's a very hands-on guy, always dependable. I love that he finds routine work with various industry bigwigs even now, from Archie, to Marvel, to DC.

At the time, he was even hand-picked to write the then-final issue of the more traditional take on the Archie comics before Mark Waid rebooted it and made it more for Young Adults. They've since brought back the more innocent Archie format with the My Pal Archie series written by Ty Templeton, while still continuing Waid's title, and adding Riverdale to the mix..not that there's much difference there.

At first I thought you were sad Hitch was off like he was ill or something, then I read the rest of your post, rofl

Man, I never knew the negativity about Hitch was that bad. I enjoyed a bit of his early stuff, but his run didn't hold my interest and I lapsed completely.
    I loved his run on FF with Paul Ryan it's my Fourth favorite run behind Lee and Kirby, John Byrne, and Hickman.

A dated De Falco one shot? No thanks. An Aquaman tie in where Mera can apparently take on the entire League? Pass. Hitch double shifting on writing and art? Not interested. Justice League has definitely been one of the weakest comics from Rebirth. Hitch has repeated plot points such as a League member 'dying' and time travel more than once. A more competent and talented creative team is needed.