Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I saw this movie Last Night, Packed House for a 9:30 pm showing, Saturday still but was Please so many where going to see it!

I had some High Expectations for this film and knew allot was riding on it and I had to say Easily I Loved It and Found it Excellent!

I found it had a Great Origin Story, Loved the Themyscira and Amazonian world building, Themyscira Looked Amazing with the best of Greek Landscapes and Mounts that showcase how beautiful Greece can be.

Gal Gadot was IMO the Highlight of Batman vs. Superman and she an Amazing Job here as well, she cared but the legend of Diana as well as a character 1st getting into her role as The Warrior Princes. Both here acting was Serious, Funny, Courious and needing of learning of the truths of Man's World and the Ares threw well respected. Gal pulled it off So Very Well and as a Fan of Female Superheroes this was a Honor to see the maybe the 1st Female Solo Superhero Movie in awhile pulled of so Great by Gal!

Chris Pine, New Age Captain Kurk Himself Keeps showing why IMO he is one of the best new talented actors in the business. He has the ablity to go from serious, to funny and scared with great comical timing and awkward talk on a level of Robert Downey Jr. He was the perfect choose for Steve Trevor and he brought so much to the movie, both him and Gal were a Great Tag Team and played so well off each other. Also it was a movie romance that did not feel forced and built up well.

Supporting cast was well acted and funny and the reveal twist of who Ares was I felt suprised and shock like many, even one person in theater said "Not Him!?", you know you did a good job when you have that kind of reaction.

Overall I gave will be giving it a 4 1/2 out of 5 stars on Rotten Tomatoes, I HIGHLY Recommend it, IMO the Best DC Film for the DC Movie Universe at this point!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 06-04-2017 at 09:30 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    ...Overall I gave will be giving it a 4 1/2 out of 5 stars on Rotten Tomatoes, I HIGHLY Recommend it, IMO the Best DC Film for the DC Movie Universe tush far!
    I'm glad the DCEU's tush is doing so well.

I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I'm glad the DCEU's tush is doing so well.

Funny Thing is I tried to look up the word defination for that, could not get one on right spelling so Tush for me is Way Above Good!

But I will fix that now.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

So, given that this movie is going to clear $200 million its first weekend AND has great reviews by both critics and fans, can we agree that the reason for the bad reviews for BvS and Suicide Squad wasn't some moronic "anti-DC" bias? They just weren't well made movies. Wonder Woman IS a well made movie. If WB lets the directors make the movies they want to make and stops sticking their damn noses into the editing process, they WILL succeed. People WANT them to succeed, even Marvel fans like me.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Funny Thing is I tried to look up the word defination for that, could not get one on right spelling so Tush for me is Way Above Good!

But I will fix that now.
    Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the movie.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    So, given that this movie is going to clear $200 million its first weekend AND has great reviews by both critics and fans, can we agree that the reason for the bad reviews for BvS and Suicide Squad wasn't some moronic "anti-DC" bias? They just weren't well made movies. Wonder Woman IS a well made movie. If WB lets the directors make the movies they want to make and stops sticking their damn noses into the editing process, they WILL succeed. People WANT them to succeed, even Marvel fans like me.
    Why even mention marvel? Fkkk marvel!

Except the people complaining about critics liked MoS and BvS and feel the critics didn't understand those films, nor want too. Most of them agree that SS was a bad movie though.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Except the people complaining about critics liked MoS and BvS and feel the critics didn't understand those films, nor want too. Most of them agree that SS was a bad movie though.
    BvS being bad wasn't about it being misunderstood, it was about it being poorly edited, just like Suicide Squad. The studio forced an edit the director didn't want and it adversely affected the end product. With Wonder Woman, that didn't happen. I believe Patty Jenkins has said that there aren't even any deleted scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    Why even mention marvel? Fkkk marvel!
    You're so edgy. Can I be your friend?

Astonishing Member

I am waiting for the what about the drop guy to declare WW a failure.

I'm sure BvS was the movie Zack Snyder wanted to make....that movie was Snyder 100%. Geoff Johns or WB had zero input.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    I'm sure BvS was the movie Zack Snyder wanted to make....that movie was Snyder 100%. Geoff Johns or WB had zero input.
    He's talking about Zack being forced to cut his movie down by at least 30 minutes.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Snyder's cut was the "ultimate edition" (and yes, that's pretty much all him) where we actually have scenes that flesh out the storyline and characters way more than the theatrical cut did. WB didn't want a three hour movie, so they told Snyder it had to be cut down 2.5 hours to help fill more show times for theaters. The 30 mins of content that was cut probably would have at least pushed this movie to 40% on the beloved RT scale (just in my opinion, still not great, but much better than 28%). Why? One of the handful of major complaints with the film was Lex's scheme and how Africa played a part in the movie. The ultimate edition addresses the entire Africa subplot. Plus, we see a little more screen time for Clark and Bruce. Ultimately, though, the movie suffered from Snyder's name, the gray filter, and lack of humor every four minutes.

BvS was not a bad movie, in my opinion. It could have been so much better, but it wasn't bad. It followed the tone of the source material if anyone has even bothered to read those (The Dark Knight Returns and The Death of Superman).

And Man of Steel has grown better with age, another movie that didn't deserve half of the **** that was thrown at it by haters and upset purist fanboys.

And to RikWriter, if you read enough of the reviews for BvS and Wonder Woman, you'll see a LOT of critics are using the MCU as their template. Just start reading a bunch on Flixster and you'll eventually start running into reviews that compare this to a handful of MCU movies. That right there suggests some of these critics are using the MCU as a template, there is no way to argue around that. And Suicide Squad was complete crap, but I can re-watch it if I want some stupid fun action, but it deserved the scores it got. Man of Steel deserved better from critics. BvS deserved better from the studio. Wonder Woman has earned and deserved everything it has going for it.

Edit: Why is every Wonder Woman thread hijacked into some MCU debate? Seriously, this keeps happening. And I realize I'm part of it.
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 06-04-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Fantastic Member

RLM's review is out. It contains some spoilers (in case you're avoiding them).

Can't really tell if those 2 really like the movie or not. They seem pretty restrained.

But I'm surprised Cinemassacre reviewed it, because they rarely review superhero movies unless it's Batman. It seems a lot of non-superhero fans are in on this film.