Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Yes, there is no reason why the putrid Suicide Squad made more money than this in the first week. That movie was just a bad video game turned into an awful movie. But I guess people love that type of MTV stuff these days.
    It's always possible, I suppose, that the quality of SS, MOS, & BVS are what kept WW's numbers down, rather than sexism. I personally am very pleased it's doing so well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think high opening numbers show that WB was successful in promoting those movies before people had a chance to see them. And that WONDER WOMAN didn't get as much promotion. But maybe word of mouth will help WONDER WOMAN in the long run--and at least it doesn't have to recover all that money spent on promoting the movie which has prevented other movies from ever showing a profit.
    I suppose there are numbers and statistics people can point to that confirm the "lack of promotion" theory being floated, but I don't see it. I watch little tv but was generally much more inundated with WW this past couple of months than I ever was worth SS.

Chronic MasterDebater The Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    "He could've covered Zod's eyes?" Really? You DID notice that Faora covered Clark's eyes while wearing an armored glove and it still hurt her, right? There is every reason to believe that Zod's beams would've burned right through his hand.

"Flown him through the ceiling?" That saves those four people being actively threatened. It doesn't change the fact that Clark was in a one-sided fight against a vastly superior opponent.

He tried to take the fight out of the city several times. He tried to take the fight away from Smallville, too. It may not have been as easily apparent as it would be in the comics because the comics have the option of showing Superman's inner thoughts through thought bubbles or dialog boxes.

But if you actually paid attention, you'll see several moments where he very much tried to break off the fight and take it elsewhere. The only moment where he truly endangered people through reckless action was when he plowed himself and Zod through the 711 in Smallville. And that was under the completely understandable circumstance of him rushing Zod to get him away from his mother. Go ahead and tell me how clear-headed and tactical YOU would be if you saw some maniac throttling your mother.
    Well put. To this day, I've still yet to read a legitimate complaint about MoS that can't be attributed to personal bias. As much as I enjoyed WW, I wished it was a little more provocative. Jenkins completely sidestepped why WW turned her back on humanity for 100 years.
    Last edited by The Beast; 06-06-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Well put. To this day, I've still yet to read a legitimate complaint about MoS that can't be attributed to personal bias.
    Then you haven't been paying attention. The movie was very poorly edited.

Ohoh, MoS same ol' endless discussion INCOMING AGAIN!!

Hit the shelters people.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Then you haven't been paying attention. The movie was very poorly edited.
    The theatrical release of BvS certainly was, but I don't see that problem with MoS. But I don't want to derail this thread about WW. Why/when/how did she lose her faith in mankind?

Why/when/how did she lose her faith in mankind?
    Not that i really want to be that guy, but it's pretty easy to be sourly disappointed in mankind. Especially during the 20th century.

BANNED

It's starting to become an annoyingly long till June 21st when the damn movie finally opens overhere

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Not that i really want to be that guy, but it's pretty easy to be sourly disappointed in mankind. Especially during the 20th century.
    As opposed to previous centuries when racism and misogyny were the norm?

As opposed to previous centuries when racism and misogyny were the norm?
    As opposed?

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    As opposed?
    As in compared to or contrasted with. She finds faith in humanity by the end of the movie, but then somewhere along the way, she sides with Ares in his views about us and checks out. Why?
    Last edited by The Beast; 06-06-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Thank you very much for that very useful definition but i was more wondering about what was the point you were trying to make with that question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Man of Steel was a horrible, joyless and ultimately dull movie with a lead character it was hard to like.
    This doesn't give me much confidence. I actually I liked MoS. I liked the fact that Superman/Clark behaved like a human being and not like James Stewart in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington or Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump. We live in a harsh and complex world and I would like to see a hero that deals with the world as it is.

I get nervous when I hear an American film being described as being humourous, because I find that more often than not, they are more silly than just funny (like the first Avengers film). My favourite SH/comic book films are Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Batman Begins, Logan and the Dark Knight Rises. How does WW stand up?

All I want to know is....Is there a Cut Scene in the Credits!? Cause darn it I still like to enjoy a Super Big Gulp with my bucket of Popcorn!

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    This doesn't give me much confidence. I actually I liked MoS. I liked the fact that Superman/Clark behaved like a human being and not like James Stewart in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington or Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump. We live in a harsh and complex world and I would like to see a hero that deals with the world as it is.
    How are you defining 'behaved like a human being'. Cos that's pretty broad, given that humans have a tendency to all behave very, very differently. Sure, by that almost limitless definition, Clark did indeed act like a human in the movie. Unfortunately, the human he chose to act like was a broody numpty who looked at the world through the eyes of an emo teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I get nervous when I hear an American film being described as being humourous, because I find that more often than not, they are more silly than just funny (like the first Avengers film). My favourite SH/comic book films are Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Batman Begins, Logan and the Dark Knight Rises. How does WW stand up?
    Most of the humour is derived between Diana and Steve's relationship, and in the earlier parts of the movie, from her 'fish out of water' status outside of Themyscira for the first time. Whilst this obviously isn't Logan dark, there's nothing about it that I'd label as inherently 'silly'. And when it deals with the bigger issues of good and evil, of war and peace, of human behaviour and choice, it does it in a thoughtful and mature manner.