Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman reviews and reactions!

Looks like dc has done it this time! WW is getting good reviews and many saying it's a fun summer movie! Many are calling it the best dcu movie!

Loved WONDER WOMAN. She reminds me of Christopher Reeve's Superman: true north superhero w/ no angst or cynicism, which is needed right now.
    Saw WonderWoman last week & can now say it's going to be a hit. It checks the right boxes for Diana's big screen debut
    I loved Wonder Woman. First act's a bit slow, but it's optimistic, emotional, and *gasp* funny. Best DC movie so far.
    There are certainly some issues, like a mismatched 3rd act, but I'll discuss that in a longer review. Overall though, Wonder Woman rules.
    Rough parts? Sure. But guys, guys, YOU GUYS! You'll truly LAUGH. And you'll walk out, for once, feeling downright inspired by a DC movie.

http://batman-news.com/2017/05/18/wo...ics-reactions/

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Best DCU movie is a very low hurdle.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

BANNED

It's only out here on the 21st of next month...

Fantastic Member

Did no one like the direction that dceu was going on? I don't want a a comedy. Inspiration yes but not a comedy

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

I don't want to be a downer but early reviews for DCEU always come up positive then afterwards all the negativity comes when the Critics and GA see it, with that said we shouldn't also be pessimistic.. I'm still hopeful .. will know opening day..

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    I don't want to be a downer but early reviews for DCEU always come up positive then afterwards all the negativity comes when the Critics and GA see it, with that said we shouldn't also be pessimistic.. I'm still hopeful .. will know opening day..
    Even DC has to learn their lesson eventually.

Superhero films, generally speaking, should be uplifting and fun. And I think after mixed review after mixed review, they're finally getting that. Or at least that's what it sounds like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Superhero films, generally speaking, should be uplifting and fun. And I think after mixed review after mixed review, they're finally getting that. Or at least that's what it sounds like.
    Logan.....

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Logan is a great superhero movie and there was nothing fun and uplifting about it. DC just lacks the creative talent to make good on the direction they wanted to go on.

That's why XPac said "generally speaking"
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Logan.....
    yea cause snyder is turning out logan quality films........ not even close. and Xpac said generally not always.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    yea cause snyder is turning out logan quality films........ not even close. and Xpac said generally not always.
    Hell none of the dark knight trilogy had that feeling

Screenjunkies talks about the film.

I liked that they are holding back the Ares reveal, they learned there lesson from Doomsday. Sure they told us he's in it and what actors playing him but at some point the Guise is gonna come off and we are gonna get something badass for WW to fight. hopefully he looks somewhat like comic Ares.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I liked that they are holding back the Ares reveal, they learned there lesson from Doomsday. Sure they told us he's in it and what actors playing him but at some point the Guise is gonna come off and we are gonna get something badass for WW to fight. hopefully he looks somewhat like comic Ares.
    A toy leaked his design. It's very Perez-inspired, I'd say .

Retired

Will I have to wear glasses over my glasses to watch this movie?