Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Tom Hardy is Venom in new Sony Venom movie...

http://deadline.com/2017/05/venom-mo...lm-1202098343/

A film based on the Marvel character Venom, conceived initially as a supervillain who is bent on destroying Spider-Man and then becomes kind of an anti-hero is being brought to the big with Tom Hardy as Venom and/or Eddie Brock with director Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland) helming. Sony also announced this morning that the film will be released on Oct. 5, 2018 and production will start this fall.

They also note that Venom is from Sony’s Marvel Universe and is not a spinoff but the first movie after Spider-Man from its Marvel Universe of characters. Hardy’s Eddie Brock is able to converse and have a relationship with the symbiote, which culminates to him becoming Venom.

Confused if this means it's in the MCU or not...

nevermind, just saw the CBR post about this. Wasn't there when I initially looked, or I overlooked it...

It's NOT in MCU at all.

I wonder if this will even be Spider-Man related. I don't see Tom Hardy having an intense hatred for Tom Holland as his motivation. Since he's the protagonist, I wonder if they'll do a Jekyl/Hyde thing with it... (just no Smeigel/Golum self-dialogues, please )

Weird that they're building a Spider-Man universe without Spider-man. Weird but doable, as the Spider-Man universe is so rich and fleshed out.

At least I like this casting better. Always thought getting the guy from that 70's Show to play Brock was such weird casting. Hardy works much better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    . (just no Smeigel/Golum self-dialogues, please )
    Or weird-ass muffled accents.

Blech.

No Spidey, no sale.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Fantastic Member

Such a waste, he should be playing wolverine. An if he was going to be venom it has to involve spiderman

it's like there's 5 actors in hollywood.

I can definitely see Hardy as Brock, so strong casting on that front. He's definitely got the build for it .

It's also kind of funny to see him move from playing Bane to playing Venom .

Though it's a shame he and Holland probably won't get the chance play off each other...

Lurker

I hope he does a ridiculous voice for this role too.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Mixed feelings since Hardy is a good choice for Venom and as a R rated film I think we could get some fairly faithful takes on Venom and Carnage.. but honestly, what's the point of having Venom or Black Cat, one of Spidey's greatest rivals and one of his most renowned love interests, if they're never going to meet Spidey? Not to mention the fact watching this effectively guarantees Amy Pascal's statement that they will effectively rip the Spidey franchise back from the MCU, maybe rebooting Spidey again in the process, having milked Marvel for all their worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Such a waste, he should be playing wolverine. An if he was going to be venom it has to involve spiderman
    He theoretically could play both. He wouldn't be first actor to double duty as different super heroes.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I remember not so long ago another A-list actor doing a superhero movie that had no conection to the main hero .........

I'm just saying.......

^That one has no resemblance to the comic book character with the same name.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage