Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    What exactly is the reason to bash this trailer?

It's not a superhero movie. It's a stylish sci-fi thriller. It's a character study. Also, not to mention, a TEASER trailer.

Would you rather them show Venom? Then you guys would be complaining about the unfinished CGI. They literally just wrapped filming a week ago.

This was the way to go. Visuals are incredible, Brock's accent is on point, everything about this will be good. Also, the fact that it isn't MCU allows them to branch out and gives them a lot more freedom. I am so on board.

Too bad nerd culture won't be happy until they actually see something "worthwhile" instead of appreciating the brilliant filmmaking.
    It's a character study? Where did you get that? Stylish sci-fi thriller? Incredible visuals? Come on now, where were those in the teaser? the shots were as basic as you can get from any number of action movie scenes, experimental lab scenes that have been in plenty of movies to come before. I didn't see any 'brilliant filmmaking' you speak of.
    I thought his accent was **** too.
    But if you want be excited about it, have at it. I don't trust Sony to make a good comic book related movie. And this teaser did nothing to appease my fears of what this movie will offer. It looks like a straight to Red Box film for me and at this point if I see it at all, that's how I will be seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I am not saying the movie can't be good if it's not connected to the MCU. I am saying I would at least like a some what comic accurate portrayal of Venom especially if this is an origin movie. The Venom and Eddie Brock are closely linked to Peter Parker/ Spider-Man, you know? Yes, I am very aware Venom has is own solo comics but they all took place AFTER his encounters with Peter/Spider Man. Now, if they are completely change Venom's origin story to be just a lab experiment gone wrong that's okay, but it would be better to get a decent Venom and Spider Man fight on film after the diaster that was Spider Man 3. I am a life long Spider Man fan and Venom is one of my all time comic book villains/ anti heroes, I just want it to be done right.
    This is kind of like doing a Magneto and Brotherhood film but never mentioning Charles Xavier or the X-Men. Can it be good? Sure but there is a big elephant in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    What exactly is the reason to bash this trailer?

It's not a superhero movie. It's a stylish sci-fi thriller. It's a character study. Also, not to mention, a TEASER trailer.

Would you rather them show Venom? Then you guys would be complaining about the unfinished CGI. They literally just wrapped filming a week ago.

This was the way to go. Visuals are incredible, Brock's accent is on point, everything about this will be good. Also, the fact that it isn't MCU allows them to branch out and gives them a lot more freedom. I am so on board.

Too bad nerd culture won't be happy until they actually see something "worthwhile" instead of appreciating the brilliant filmmaking.
    I dunno, it just looked kind of unremarkable to me.

It wasn't a terrible teaser, but there just wasn't a lot to really get me pumped up and it feels a little "been there, done that" as far as movie teasers go.

I wasn't expecting them to actually show Venom in this but it's still a little disappointing that we don't have any idea what Venom will look like in this movie given he's part of the main attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This is kind of like doing a Magneto and Brotherhood film but never mentioning Charles Xavier or the X-Men. Can it be good? Sure but there is a big elephant in the room.
    Exactly. Every time I brought of the issue of Peter Parker/ Spider- Man being absent in an Eddie Brock Venom movie, I get called a MCU fanboy or negative nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I understand your opinion. Its a really odd choice. I won't call you wrong. How can i? Its a major change.

I am simply willing to give it a chance. A film is a film. It rises or falls on its own merits. Not in adhering to the source material. Had i been a Venom fan my feelings might have been different. But i am more neutral on the character and am interested to see Tom Hardy. He is a fantastic actor. Harrelson is too entertaining. In the films which i have watched with him he usually elevates the film. A superhero film always interests me. This might work. This might fail. We have to wait and watch. Who knows they might do something worthy of the effort?
    That's understandable but Spider Man and Venom were two characters that really introduced me to the world of comics, so I am just a little protective ha.

So that teaser is as pointless as the first offical pic and and then the first offical poster were. I get not wanting to give too much away and that they just rapped shooting but why have a teaser at all yet. Wait untill you have like a 5sec shot of Venom CGi done or atleast tell us about the story. All i got was theyres a symbiote and eddie has Cancer

Suprised no ones talking about the Deadpool trailer.. Cause seeing venoms makes me lovr Deadpools even more.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-08-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Since they just wrapped shooting, I think they were a bit foolhardy to put this out. This is also more of an actual trailer than a teaser. I agree with a previous poster who said that to get us all excited they needed to give us hope that they'd be able to pull off his look. (because who aside from comic book people are really going to care this early out?) And if they're not ready to deliver an amazing two seconds, then just wait until you can give us an amazing two seconds that really teases us, i.e. makes us want more, rather than feed the beast with something lackluster.

I did find it interesting that from the voice-over, I can imagine he's being set up to be an "anti-Spider-Man" in the sense that Peter experiences a life-changing event that brings out the hero in him, but it seems Brock's journey will show how he goes in the other direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So that teaser is as pointless as the first offical pic and and then the first offical poster were. I get not wanting to give too much away and that they just rapped shooting but why have a teaser at all yet. Wait untill you have like a 5sec shot of Venom CGi done or atleast tell us about the story. All i got was theyres a symbiote and eddie has Cancer
    They started out insisting very firmly that Spider-man would not be in this movie. Then changed their minds and decided, well, Peter will have a small part, but that's not the same thing. And they're not terribly wrong - but it does sound like a last minute desperation script change intended to get the fanbase on board and heighten general audience interest in something they are now concerned might not otherwise get that interest.

Images have been released of the Venom and Carnage figurines, but Hasbro has confirmed they are not based on the Hardy designs.

Now we get a teaser that is underwhelming and seems to suggest a plot that isn't really consistent with anything we know about Venom. Well, I get that. Hardly anyone in the general movie going audience knows anything about Venom, so to that extent it's a good safe character to try to do your own thing with.

But it all seems very slapdash to me. Like a complete lack of confidence in what they have, and they are trying to build excitement around something they don't actually have in order to try to generate some level of interest.

I will say, though, that if Venom does maintain the spider-emblem (doubtful in my opinion) the revelation of cancer...sort of...explains why Venom might be spider-related.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/venom-movie-trailer-release-date/

Is that really the poster?? ... I mean, come on.... really??
    People seem to have moved on from talking about the first poster, but am I the only one who thinks it looks a little.... spoogy?

Honestly, a heavily modulated Tom Hardy saying "We are Venom" before moving into the Venom face would've been better then most of what is in the actual teaser.

I see Tom Holland appearing in a post credit scene maybe he bumps into Brock on a subway or so and you see the hair raising on his hand much like The Infinity trailer.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    I see Tom Holland appearing in a post credit scene maybe he bumps into Brock on a subway or so and you see the hair raising on his hand much like The Infinity trailer.
    Isnt Venom not setting off Spidey spider sense his biggest advantage in the comics. Or have they moved past that in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Isnt Venom not setting off Spidey spider sense his biggest advantage in the comics. Or have they moved past that in the comics?
    I'm pretty sure it's still there in the comics, but it's kind of a moot point in the movies if Venom is never going to fight Spider-Man and the MCU is still inconsistent over whether Peter even has Spider-Sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's still there in the comics, but it's kind of a moot point in the movies if Venom is never going to fight Spider-Man and the MCU is still inconsistent over whether Peter even has Spider-Sense.
    Spidey 100% has a spdiey sense. The directoe said as much about SmHC and then to appease ppl they have a scene of Peter hair standing up in infinity war trailer. But i only brought it up because he said have a cameo of peter bumping into Eddie and his spider sense goes off.

Fantastic Member

I think this movie will probably do okay and be moderately profitable. I think there's enough curiosity that a lot of people will see it the first week. I probably will. Silver and Black on the other hand is the equivalent of Sony burning a pile of money in my opinion. I just can't see it being even moderately successful but maybe I'm just being pessimistic because I have absolutely no interest in either character.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 02-08-2018 at 02:54 PM.