Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Haha i love them releasing the first offical pic of Venom and its Just Tom hardy holding a book. So many ppl that click on those articles are gonna be so disappointed.

They got Tom Hardy and michelle williams. And they said its gonna be a lethal enforcer movie. Im actually excited for this.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...om-hardy-venom
    Nah, man! The Nerd Crew can pull off a lot of info from this. Like Hardy wearing a blue shirt that's a similar color the suit has, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a solid picture of Venom in any of the marketing.

I'm also going to go on the record as saying it's amazing to me this film wasn't cancelled long ago. I just don't see this being at all successful. Not being a part of the Spider-man mythos means they are going to take the character in a new direction entirely. I see this as largely upsetting to the fans. And I see the character itself as confusing and unpleasant to the non-fans. I just don't understand where the sales are going to come from. Who are they going to target with this?

We'll find out soon enough, I guess.
    If they pull off Venoms Characterization fans will give it a chance despite the change in origin i think. And the movie probaly has a smaller budget. We dont know anything about this version of Venom his Origin may be simple and straight forward. I see this movie having the same target audience as a Wick or Riddick movie. I personaly love movies where your rooting for the boogie man in shadows. The badman taking out worse men(Like Punisher).

All that said this is Sony they could give us a convoluted pile of ****. But im optamistic because the two leads are talented and i like the Badguy trying to do good Lethal Enforcer trope(In fiction obviosuly i wouldnt want a Punisher type guy running around IRL)

Haha i love them releasing the first offical pic of Venom and its Just Tom hardy holding a book. So many ppl that click on those articles are gonna be so disappointed.

They got Tom Hardy and michelle williams. And they said its gonna be a lethal enforcer movie. Im actually excited for this.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...om-hardy-venom
    Oliver Queen called, he wants his list of names back .

But I wasn't expecting them to actually debut the full-on Venom look yet. They probably don't even have all the CG finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Nah, man! The Nerd Crew can pull off a lot of info from this. Like Hardy wearing a blue shirt that's a similar color the suit has, etc, etc.
    Yea and he looks sickly around the eyes so he definetly has Cancer and hes wearing wrist beads so he either a monk or a deuche. Lol in all seriousness this Pic reveals nothing and could be a pic of Tom Hardy any day of the weeke

@Frontier
    Yea me neither but that picture is kinda pointless except to get ppl to wrote articles about it. It does nothing to sell the movie.

BANNED

If they pull off Venoms Characterization fans will give it a chance despite the change in origin i think. And the movie probaly has a smaller budget. We dont know anything about this version of Venom his Origin may be simple and straight forward. I see this movie having the same target audience as a Wick or Riddick movie. I personaly love movies where your rooting for the boogie man in shadows. The badman taking out worse men(Like Punisher).

All that said this is Sony they could give us a convoluted pile of ****. But im optamistic because the two leads are talented and i like the Badguy trying to do good Lethal Enforcer trope(In fiction obviosuly i wouldnt want a Punisher type guy running around IRL)
    The challenge with Venom is that, even on a small budget, his fans represent lest than 1% of the necessary audience to justify making the movie. I have serious doubts this character can pull in the remaining 99%, especially from Sony.

I think Sony trying to develop these Spider-Man spinoffs without Spider-Man are really stretching things, aside from the Miles Morales animated movie, but I can at least see potential in Venom depending on how they handle or market it.

The challenge with Venom is that, even on a small budget, his fans represent lest than 1% of the necessary audience to justify making the movie. I have serious doubts this character can pull in the remaining 99%, especially from Sony.
    Treat it like an Original Movie. If the movies is well done and looks interesting ppl will come. We have no reason to think ppl will be uninterested in this movie if its done well. I dont know who the writers or director is so im not gonna claim to have any faith in this. But the premise isnt inherently bad and John wick wasnt some great story. It was the execution of a very plain and simple story that made it great. I dont see how Venom doesnt have the same chance if done well.

First you said Fans arent gonna be happy with the changes and now your saying his fans are so small they dont really matter. If thats the case then the whole fan issue is irrelevant and the movie can be judged on its merits and not on how good of an adaption it is.

I dont get why they are making this wihtout Spidey and the whole idea of a Spideyverse without Spidey sounds dumb to me. That doesnt mean the movie cant be good though.

BANNED

Treat it like an Original Movie. If the movies is well done and looks interesting ppl will come. We have no reason to think ppl will be uninterested in this movie if its done well. I dont know who the writers or director is so im not gonna claim to have any faith in this. But the premise isnt inherently bad and John wick wasnt some great story. It was the execution of a very plain and simple story that made it great. I dont see how Venom doesnt have the same chance if done well.

First you said Fans arent gonna be happy with the changes and now your saying his fans are so small they dont really matter. If thats the case then the whole fan issue is irrelevant and the movie can be judged on its merits and not on how good of an adaption it is.

I dont get why they are making this wihtout Spidey and the whole idea of a Spideyverse without Spidey sounds dumb to me. That doesnt mean the movie cant be good though.
    I think it can be done well, but it's an incredible challenge. You're right, I think the fans are irrelevant to the success or failure of the movie. That won't stop them from being upset if it's a wide variation from what they expect.

But it's difficult to imagine how this can be done in a way that will have broad appeal.

I think it can be done well, but it's an incredible challenge. You're right, I think the fans are irrelevant to the success or failure of the movie. That won't stop them from being upset if it's a wide variation from what they expect.

But it's difficult to imagine how this can be done in a way that will have broad appeal.
    Yea i dont think this movie is gonna be 600m+ hit. But if they keep the budget down it can still carve out a spot. Lethal enforcer tropes are pretty popular. The Equalizer did pretty well
    Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Is Holland allowed to? Maybe they can just mention Spidey without showing him

Is Holland allowed to? Maybe they can just mention Spidey without showing him
    It might just be a brief nod to Spider-Man to explain the white chest spider on Venom's design.

Fantastic Member

Maybe Sony is folding some power over to marvel, considering the big power move, and wanna play ball a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Maybe Sony is folding some power over to marvel, considering the big power move, and wanna play ball a bit more
    I think the problem is Marvel wants nothing to do with Sonys side movies. When it was brought up Kevin Feige looked at Amy Pascal like she was on crack

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It might just be a brief nod to Spider-Man to explain the white chest spider on Venom's design.
    I think it's a hell of an assumption that there will be a spider emblem on Venom chest. particularly if, as has been the case until now, he has no association with Spider-Man

I think it's a hell of an assumption that there will be a spider emblem on Venom chest. particularly if, as has been the case until now, he has no association with Spider-Man
    Yea im interested to see the design they go with. Those face molds were pretty good but then Sony said those werent offical and were fan made. Iono i know alot of ppl on here are writing this movie off but im optamistic