Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Hardy's accent and inflections are even weirder here, now including Venom's strange speech. Venom being this all-purpose tool is executed in a corny way here. lol ahhh Sony.

That symbiote grabbing a dude's crotch is frightening though, can't even lie.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wonder if this will even be Spider-Man related. I don't see Tom Hardy having an intense hatred for Tom Holland as his motivation. Since he's the protagonist, I wonder if they'll do a Jekyl/Hyde thing with it... (just no Smeigel/Golum self-dialogues, please )
    Oh well, so much for that...

Hardy should just get back to giving us more "Taboo."
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-31-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Believe it's still it's own separate thing, not part of Spiderman at all much less the MCU
    Well there maybe is a non MCU spider Man in it or hints of him maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The Venom effects are fine. It's the entire rest of the trailer. Starting with Tom Hardy's hobo look.
    Indeed. Venom is cool, but Eddie Brock, well, now that I think about it, what means him interesting as a character? What are his defining character traits? I guess I was always a fan of Venom b/c of the symbiote and badass look, but haven't really given much thought about Eddie.

Tom Hardy is giving some version of Eddie, but it's an odd version. Unfortunately, it's the only version that we have so far. :/
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Did anyone else see the movie Upgrade?

It's ironic that the films share some parallels. Obviously symbiotic vs high tec spinal implant is different but voice inside the protagonists head coupled with crazy abilities draws and interesting parallel. Probably the only similarity between the two films tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Will Venom become part of the MCU?
    idk. If Venom is going to eat and maim a lot of people this might be a little too much for Disney, especially the beheading aspect. I heard a rumor its actually one of the story elements they prohibit nowadays.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Will Venom become part of the MCU?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Indeed. Venom is cool, but Eddie Brock, well, now that I think about it, what means him interesting as a character? What are his defining character traits? I guess I was always a fan of Venom b/c of the symbiote and badass look, but haven't really given much thought about Eddie.

Tom Hardy is giving some version of Eddie, but it's an odd version. Unfortunately, it's the only version that we have so far. :/
    there was another version

to this day I don't know why they cram dVenom in and killed him off. They should have done the clock tower at the end of the film show the Venom reveal and set him up as the main villain for the next film.

I didn't;t like Hardy's weird New York accent in the first trailer and I still don't like it, but I'm use to it now so its not as bad. Honestly, If I go see this film its for the CGI Venom and not Tom Hardy, he's not a draw for me.
    The J-man

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    there was another version

to this day I don't know why they cram dVenom in and killed him off. They should have done the clock tower at the end of the film show the Venom reveal and set him up as the main villain for the next film.

I didn't;t like Hardy's weird New York accent in the first trailer and I still don't like it, but I'm use to it now so its not as bad. Honestly, If I go see this film its for the CGI Venom and not Tom Hardy, he's not a draw for me.
    There's reason for that.
    A lot of Venom's inclusion into Spider-man 3 had to do with the studio wanting to use the character but Sam Rami wanting to use the Vulture instead. Ultimately he was also planning on leaving at that point as well and the studio panicked. Spider-man 4 was being planned out but without Rami they(Sony) had to put something out in what was believed to be 7 years to hold onto the rights. Sony would be out a director and also some actors had been in the process of moving on. Avi Arad was also adamant about getting a Venom movie out for years, and was likely the biggest pusher for it in light of them likely not getting another chance.

From the commentary on the film and it's production videos it seems like Venom was a late stage addition and since Rami wanted the whole thing over with, he just kills him off. From what we know of Spider-man 4 (in what we know he was attached to) he got the breathing room to do what he wanted but he eventually moved on himself.

Venom just had no place in Spider-man 3's production, was late, and Rami had no intentions to follow-up on him. It's nothing short of a miracle the character ended up as good as it was.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

It was ok though Venom accent sounds a bit off but I have to get used to it and the scene where the symbiote grabbing the dudes crotch was downright terrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I love that part from the trailer.
    Last edited by Commander Wort; 08-01-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

The Marvel/Sony shared venture seems determined to jettison the characters' defining characteristics.

With Spider-Man, they de-emphasized Peter's guilt over his role in Uncle Ben's death, so much so that if you weren't already familiar with the story from outside sources you'd think his driving motivation was being an Avenger.

Eddie's core characteristic isn't 'lethal protector' but his refusal to take responsibility for his own actions which makes him Spider-Man's opposite. His obsession with protecting 'innocents' doesn't mean much without the ironic twist that he's actively trying to kill a guy who did nothing wrong.

Also, I've always taken Venom's threat to eat brains a lot less...literally. I know things changed later, but in the early Venom appearances one might consider 'foundational,' the brains thing was just an over-the-top threat no one took seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Eddie Brock is mostly notable for how he is a mirror image of Peter Parker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    Eddie Brock is mostly notable for how he is a mirror image of Peter Parker.
    I'm not sure how the comics version ever was apart from having mostly the same powers.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm not sure how the comics version ever was apart from having mostly the same powers.
    The comics version was a dark mirror of Peter because he refused to take responsibility for his own actions and blamed Spider-Man instead.

But I don't know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that Venom's motivations have been trending away from Spider-Man since "Lethal Protector." And he's probably been featured now in more comics without Spider-Man than with.

BANNED

Press screening for this movie had be pushed to Oct 3, essentially 1 day before it opens. While there are exceptions, this generally indicates the studio has low confidence in the movie.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Since the press screenings got pushed back, does that mean we won’t see any reviews being published until October 4th or 5th?

BANNED

Tom doesn't seem to get the whole PR thing.

“There are scenes that aren’t in this movie,” Hardy said in a paired interview with ComicsExplained. “There are like 30 to 40 minutes worth of scenes that aren’t in this movie.”

His costar, Riz Ahmed, laughed and asked, “Were they your favorite ones?”

“All of them, yeah,” Hardy admitted. “Mad puppeteering scenes, dark comedy scenes that just never made it in.”
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...vie/ar-BBNOfEo