Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    ^That one has no resemblance to the comic book character with the same name.
    I would be lying if i said that movie wasn't my first thought as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    At least I like this casting better. Always thought getting the guy from that 70's Show to play Brock was such weird casting. Hardy works much better.
    Topher Grace worked in my mind because it was in keeping with the idea of Eddie as being Parker's rival. Regardless of physicality, Raimi definitely played up the idea of Eddie as "Peter gone wrong." Obviously Tom Hardy has a stronger physical resemblance to comic book Eddie, but movie Parker is a teenager in high school. Makes me wonder how they're going to preserve what, to me, is an intrinsic part of Eddie's (and the symbiote's) motivation. Otherwise he's just a vigilante bonded with an alien ... maybe they'll make it like "The Guyver" instead.... or a male version of "Witchblade"

yup sony is back to doing there own SPIDERMAN Cinematic Universe good for them and good pick for venom i bet Carnage is going to be the big bad of the movie and sonys own version of spiderman is going to show up after all they are pulling the rights back from marvel after spiderman homecoming 2 and the other MCU movie contract is done.

Spidey is after all a man in a mask, anyone could play him so a back story is still possible like the recent Suicide squad.
    Hail Hydra!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Mixed feelings since Hardy is a good choice for Venom and as a R rated film I think we could get some fairly faithful takes on Venom and Carnage.. but honestly, what's the point of having Venom or Black Cat, one of Spidey's greatest rivals and one of his most renowned love interests, if they're never going to meet Spidey? Not to mention the fact watching this effectively guarantees Amy Pascal's statement that they will effectively rip the Spidey franchise back from the MCU, maybe rebooting Spidey again in the process, having milked Marvel for all their worth?
    Guess they're planning on having Venom be the spiderman of that universe. "It's like Spider-Man only darker and grittier... Because that's what you all like, right?" will likely be the slogan.

Honestly this isn't an entirely unworkable idea. I'd even go as far as saying it would be better than including him in a Spider-Man movie.

Hear me out. The thing about Venom is that the thing that makes him who he is to Spider-Man are the things that make it near impossible for him to be adapted into a Spider-Man movie. When you look at the types of villains Spider-Man fights, Venom sticks out like a sore thumb. They are either mob bosses and enforcers, science experiments gone wrong or high tech mercenaries. Venom does not belong to either group. You can't just throw aliens at your audience in a movie series that up until now has had nothing to do with aliens. Why do you think the X-Men movies just made Juggernaut into a mutant instead of an avatar for a god or the Phoenix was made into Jean's alter ego instead of a cosmic fire bird? The Amazing and Spectacular cartoons as well as the Raimi series each had to throw up their arms as far as introducing him goes and ran with, "SUDDENLY ALIENS but nobody cares anymore because Spidey has a new suit."

Hell, Peter didn't even figure out where the Venom suit came from in Spider-Man 3.

Putting Venom in a movie where Spider-Man does not exist means you avoid the hassle of having to explain with all the limited time you have how he fits into Spider-Man's world.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Honestly this isn't an entirely unworkable idea. I'd even go as far as saying it would be better than including him in a Spider-Man movie.

Hear me out. The thing about Venom is that the thing that makes him who he is to Spider-Man are the things that make it near impossible for him to be adapted into a Spider-Man movie. When you look at the types of villains Spider-Man fights, Venom sticks out like a sore thumb. They are either mob bosses and enforcers, science experiments gone wrong or high tech mercenaries. Venom does not belong to either group. You can't just throw aliens at your audience in a movie series that up until now has had nothing to do with aliens. Why do you think the X-Men movies just made Juggernaut into a mutant instead of an avatar for a god or the Phoenix was made into Jean's alter ego instead of a cosmic fire bird? The Amazing and Spectacular cartoons as well as the Raimi series each had to throw up their arms as far as introducing him goes and ran with, "SUDDENLY ALIENS but nobody cares anymore because Spidey has a new suit."

Hell, Peter didn't even figure out where the Venom suit came from in Spider-Man 3.

Putting Venom in a movie where Spider-Man does not exist means you avoid the hassle of having to explain with all the limited time you have how he fits into Spider-Man's world.
    Neither Phoenix or Juggernaut were done well but I get what your saying. The only thing spiderman 3 did right with venom was glaze over the alien part. its a symbiotic doesn't matter where it came from no one cares.

I've always preffered eddie as a antihero who just goes into a blind rage when it comes to Peter. but otherwise he's trying His hardest to control the symbiotic. so I'm all in for this, Hardy is kinda a perfect Eddie,

lol Keeps autocorrecting Symbiote to Symbiotic
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-20-2017 at 04:22 PM.

The Amazing and Spectacular cartoons as well as the Raimi series each had to throw up their arms as far as introducing him goes and ran with, "SUDDENLY ALIENS but nobody cares anymore because Spidey has a new suit."
    They could go with a more terrestrial origin like Ultimate Universe Venom.

The Amazing and Spectacular cartoons as well as the Raimi series each had to throw up their arms as far as introducing him goes and ran with, "SUDDENLY ALIENS but nobody cares anymore because Spidey has a new suit."
    What Amazing? the 90s cartoon is simply titled Spider-Man.
    Speaking of Spectacular; weirdest thing about it is NASA handing a new life form to a university laboratory.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spensieri View Post
    I hope he does a ridiculous voice for this role too.
    You mean an awesome, memorable voice.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    http://deadline.com/2017/05/venom-mo...lm-1202098343/

A film based on the Marvel character Venom, conceived initially as a supervillain who is bent on destroying Spider-Man and then becomes kind of an anti-hero is being brought to the big with Tom Hardy as Venom and/or Eddie Brock with director Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland) helming. Sony also announced this morning that the film will be released on Oct. 5, 2018 and production will start this fall.

They also note that Venom is from Sony’s Marvel Universe and is not a spinoff but the first movie after Spider-Man from its Marvel Universe of characters. Hardy’s Eddie Brock is able to converse and have a relationship with the symbiote, which culminates to him becoming Venom.
    They just announced the main actor and want to release the movie just a year after the start of production? Never mind the history of comic movies based on villians with no ties at all to their hero? This has train wreck written all over it. Nice to see that Sony is still squarely at the bottom of the cape film company barrel.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Tom Hardy is no doubt a great choice, though it's still hard for me to see Venom working without a personal connection to Spider-Man. Doesn't mean it won't work--it might be just the breath of fresh air Venom needs--but I like Eddie's twisted conscience being measured against Peter's 'power and responsibility.' It's also hard for me to divorce Venom from the concept of the symbiote as a jealous ex-lover (who still prefers Peter when push comes to shove). Maybe they'll plug someone else into those concepts?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Such a waste, he should be playing wolverine. An if he was going to be venom it has to involve spiderman
    Agreed. I can understand the financial appeal for Hardy. But this just seems like a waste of his talents. As long as I get a Taboo 2 I guess I can deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Such a waste, he should be playing wolverine.
    I like Tom Hardy in virtually everything he does, and he's a really big name, but I'm really satisfied with the current Wolverine.

Mighty Member

I see a trend of anti-hero films