Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Unpopular opinion of course, but I think Tom Hardy is a lousy actor.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyflute View Post
    Unpopular opinion of course, but I think Tom Hardy is a lousy actor.

I happily disagree.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post

I happily disagree.
    didn't like what they did with Bane but Tom Hardy is one of the best young working actors out they're right now.

I think the best idea would be for it to be like the TV shows. Canonically set on the MCU, but not REALLY connected to the other movies(besides the Spider-Man ones).

Fantastic Member

Is amy pascal trying warm up the sony exec to the idea that they sell the spidey rights to disney?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think the best idea would be for it to be like the TV shows. Canonically set on the MCU, but not REALLY connected to the other movies(besides the Spider-Man ones).
    As long as Spider-Man gets to actually show up in these movies, I'm good .

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wouldn't put any stock into what she says judging from Fiege's reaction

Fantastic Member

How are they going to explain how Venom has spider powers if Parker wasn't it's initial host?

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    How are they going to explain how Venom has spider powers if Parker wasn't it's initial host?
    This is my biggest question about this film. You can't really do an origin story without Spidey, because the two are so intrinsically linked to one another. So if you are going to skip the origin, then you are relying on people either knowing the character from comics, or their memory of the crappy Topher Grace version from a film that is now 10 years old. I don't think either one of those is enough to hype up a solo film beyond the existing fanbase.

Honestly I could see a Venom film without Peter if it was Flash Thompson. I mean the government finds or creates the symbiote and uses on a wounded U.S. Soldier. Now Eddie Brock does seem hardier to me because his motivations for being Venom are so closely tied to Peter.

Also Kevin Feige's reaction to Amy Pascal is Hilarious.

BANNED

What "spider powers" does Venom have that can't be explained by "alien symbiote layer of skin/costume/goop"?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    What "spider powers" does Venom have that can't be explained by "alien symbiote layer of skin/costume/goop"?
    Even if that didn't amount to a monumentally ridiculous coincidence, how do you explain that he looks like an evil Spider-Man? Alien lands on Earth and decides to mimic Spider-Man because reasons and stuff?

The fact is that, out of all the Spidey villains to base a solo film on, Venom is probably the only one that actually needs Spider-Man to exist. His whole origin is based around Spider-Man. Brock and the symboite's shared hatred of Spidey/Peter is at the core of the character, at least to begin with. The look of the character is a dark/evil version of Spider-Man. He mimics Spidey's abilities because they were bonded together. Everything about the character is intrinsic to Spider-Man and doesn't make sense if you remove Spidey from the equation.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Lands on earth and before being found by humans it first bonds with a spider? Possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Lands on earth and before being found by humans it first bonds with a spider? Possible.
    Stick to walls? Alien symbiote goop.

Shoot stuff to swing around? Alien symbiote goop.

Black costume? Alien symbiote goop costume.

White spider symbol on the chest? IDK; be creative. Who says movie Venom will have it?

I'm not proposing Venom will be "good" without his ties to Spider-Man. I'm questioning whether or not it makes sense for Venom's powers to be what they will likely be without Spider-Man...in a fictional universe that we can reconcile "alien symbiote goop" even existing without a problem.