Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Venom without the spider logo on his chest would look very off to me, personally. Regardless of what universe this is set I'm hoping for an as authentic to the comics design for Venom as possible.

Feige Quote Only Spidey in MCU

"Right now, Spidey is in the MCU and it’s just Spidey. Civil War, Homecoming, we’ve already shot a lot of Tom Holland’s scenes in the upcoming Avengers films, and we’re just starting to solidify our plans for Homecoming 2 – we won’t call it that, whatever it is – which is exciting because it’ll be the first MCU movie after untitled Avengers in 2019. It’ll be the way Civil War informed everything in Homecoming, those movies will launch him off into a very new cinematic universe at that point. Those five movies are we’re focusing on.”

Holland Quotes

"That is something that is far beyond my control. As I know now, I am in the MCU. I am the MCU Spider-Man. I exist in the world of the Avengers. The Venom movie takes place in a different universe, so I have no plans to show up in those movies any time soon. But you know, things change! We'll have to wait and see."

As for Venom in his Spider-Man films. “Everyone’s asking this question, man. It’s never happening,”
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-24-2017 at 09:22 PM.

So, that woman was lying then, why on Earth would she do that in front of a camera though ? That look of despair in Feige's eyes, she really blindsided him...
    I'm in a pinch here: I love Tom Hardy (there again, who doesn't ?) BUT I have zero faith in Sony and the way this ship is sailing? I have no reason to start believing.
    I mean, how do you explain Venom without Spider-man at some point ?? That's stupid to me. With the amount of gymnastic needed to make it somewhat workable, Sony might as well pretend it's a new original character altogether, rather than present him as an unrecognizable Venom...
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    So, that woman was lying then, why on Earth would she do that in front of a camera though ? That look of despair in Feige's eyes, she really blindsided him...
    I'm in a pinch here: I love Tom Hardy (there again, who doesn't ?) BUT I have zero faith in Sony and the way this ship is sailing? I have no reason to start believing.
    I mean, how do you explain Venom without Spider-man at some point ?? That's stupid to me. With the amount of gymnastic needed to make it somewhat workable, Sony might as well pretend it's a new original character altogether, rather than present him as an unrecognizable Venom...
    I don't think it's simple lying. She's trying to put herself and Sony in a position where they can have leverage over Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think it's simple lying. She's trying to put herself and Sony in a position where they can have leverage over Marvel.
    I wonder if she was hoping ppl would be over the moon about the announcement. So much that marvel would negotiate to partner on Venom aswell ?

Or shes just a crazy lady who everyone is contradicting.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Or shes just a crazy lady who everyone is contradicting.
    Well, reading the emails from the Sony hack, she and her ilk have some...interesting ideas regarding Spider-Man and their possession of him.

Just watched an early review for Spiderman, and the guy loved it, put it above spidey 2. Also said the embargo lfits the 29th so we should start getting alot of reviews.

All-New Member

Got to think a Venom solo movie would be a good idea...but needs to lead into a Spiderman movie, which this won't ��.

Tom Hardy will make it decent, but don't see it having sequel/franchise appeal

Cartmanbrah_nd6

Totally agree I've just had this conversation on YouTube its a joke..they just tet sticknwich ever flavour of the week into a movie with put even thinking of it...he's not even that good an actor

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    nevermind, just saw the CBR post about this. Wasn't there when I initially looked, or I overlooked it...

It's NOT in MCU at all.
    Sony doesn't have the rights to put anything into the MCU. However, I thought they and Disney now shared film rights to Spider-Man and that Sony still has the right to do a Spider-Man movie?

Edit: And, to answer my own question, yes they can.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/de...es-1201429039/
    Last edited by Powerboy; 12-19-2017 at 08:27 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Sony doesn't have the rights to put anything into the MCU. However, I thought they and Disney now shared film rights to Spider-Man and that Sony still has the right to do a Spider-Man movie?

Edit: And, to answer my own question, yes they can.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/de...es-1201429039/
    They don't share the rights it's more like they rent Spiderman out to marvel just like with hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    They don't share the rights it's more like they rent Spiderman out to marvel just like with hulk.
    Marvel owns hulk all the way. Universal has rights to first refusal on distribution i think
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-20-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Haha i love them releasing the first offical pic of Venom and its Just Tom hardy holding a book. So many ppl that click on those articles are gonna be so disappointed.

They got Tom Hardy and michelle williams. And they said its gonna be a lethal enforcer movie. Im actually excited for this.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...om-hardy-venom

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Haha i love them releasing the first offical pic of Venom and its Just Tom hardy holding a book. So many ppl that click on those articles are gonna be so disappointed.

They got Tom Hardy and michelle williams. And they said its gonna be a lethal enforcer movie. Im actually excited for this.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...om-hardy-venom
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a solid picture of Venom in any of the marketing.

I'm also going to go on the record as saying it's amazing to me this film wasn't cancelled long ago. I just don't see this being at all successful. Not being a part of the Spider-man mythos means they are going to take the character in a new direction entirely. I see this as largely upsetting to the fans. And I see the character itself as confusing and unpleasant to the non-fans. I just don't understand where the sales are going to come from. Who are they going to target with this?

We'll find out soon enough, I guess.