Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Not me. I wonder if it can make 100M+ in China.
    Famous last words It's looking to make 100M+ in China in just its opening weekend there! It will only be the SECOND superhero movie to do so after Infinity War.

China Box Office: Venom earned the second highest opening day of superhero films ever with $34.13M, including $2.28M from midnights. It will become the second superhero film in history to make $100M-plus on opening weekend, joining Avengers: Infinity War.

Source: https://twitter.com/gavinfeng97/stat...10644487024642
    700M and most likely 750M are happening, with 800M being a possibility! To put it into context, on a worldwide scale this is a bigger breakout than the original Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool.

Updates on Venom's crazy performance in China:

VENOM
    $34.7M China Opening Day (#1 All-Time for Marvel Single-Character Films; Only Trailed AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR's First Day)
    $100M Studio Weekend Projection

Source: https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status...87037360320512
    #Venom took control of the #boxoffice in China on FRI setting new studio opening day record there for Sony with massive $34.7M going to around $100M for the whole wknd. Bigger opening day there than #Avengers 1 and 2. Colossal!

Source: https://twitter.com/GiteshPandya/sta...87662961668096

looks like they got their release schedule right for china
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Cool that besides current Venom ongoing comic book being quite good the movie is having such success as well.
    The Collected editions with Venom had new stuff as well.With two new Omnibus featuring Venom.

Official opening weekend number in China is 111M!

https://deadline.com/2018/11/venom-b...ce-1202499740/

‘Venom’ Devours $111M In China Debut, Bonds With $674M Global

Thrashing to a massive China start, Sony’s Venom has reclaimed the No. 1 spot at the worldwide and international box office this weekend. Chomping on $111M in the Middle Kingdom, the Tom Hardy-starrer is the 2nd best bow there ever for a superhero title, the 5th best for an imported film and Sony’s biggest China launch of all time. As we noted on Saturday, the China performance was powering Venom across the $600M mark globally, and with $673.5M through Sunday, Ruben Fleischer’s take on the Marvel property will see the other side of $700M.

BANNED

Sony appear to have scheduled an October 2nd 2020 release date for a Spider-Man spin-off sequel. Likely it's Venom 2

https://www.newsarama.com/42825-sony...es-report.html

China has helped push Venom past the 800M mark and Wonder Woman and the original Spider-Man film.

It's currently the third highest grossing movie in Sony's Spider-Franchise after Spider-Man 3 and Homecoming. And the second highest superhero origin film after Black Panther.

An interesting point from critic Sonny Bunch.

VENOM has now grossed more worldwide ($822M) than every Spider-Man movie except for the one with Venom and the one that starred Robert Downey Jr.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    China has helped push Venom past the 800M mark and Wonder Woman and the original Spider-Man film.

It's currently the third highest grossing movie in Sony's Spider-Franchise after Spider-Man 3 and Homecoming. And the second highest superhero origin film after Black Panther.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What about domestic gross and inflation? Oh, I suppose we only talk about them when we don't like the movie.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So did anyone see that official Venom Romcom trailer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Something about "A film with Venom still outgrossed a film with Venom" makes me chuckle

I like how Robert Downey Jr. is lumped with Venom, as if they are similar characters.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I like how Robert Downey Jr. is lumped with Venom, as if they are similar characters.
    I suppose the point is that RDJ played a big part in Homecoming's financial success, because he, similar to Venom, is quite popular.

Which isn't exactly true as RDJ had minor role in Homecoming, and many Spidey fans didn't even like that he was there in the first place. I know, because I keep seeing people complaining about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I think the main point was that the Spider-Man movies that outperformed Venom haven't been typical.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Venom has passed Thor: Ragnarok at the worldwide box office: https://twitter.com/GiteshPandya/sta...09820896821260

So yeah, Venom is officially more popular in the world than Thor AND Hulk combined.