Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    It's like a fan took footage of a random movie and inserted a Venom title card at the end.

Yeah, that was kind of weak. One positive note is that the wreckage seen in the woods could hint at the symbiote being an alien and not an artificial life form as Sony originally said it would be.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Honestly, even a heavily modulated Tom Hardy saying "We are Venom" before the Venom face pops up would've been a better teaser then most of what's in the actual teaser.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So how long are they going to hold out before actually showing us Venom?
    Hell, I'd take getting a hint of why we should care about Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

So here's my take on the first trailer for Venom:
    The first Venom trailer teases everything...but Venom
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Yeah, that was kind of weak. One positive note is that the wreckage seen in the woods could hint at the symbiote being an alien and not an artificial life form as Sony originally said it would be.
    But there were still a lot of laboratory shots, so it seems that artificial creation is still on the table. Maybe there is alien tech involved in its creation, be my guess.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

One of my biggest disappointments with the film is that Tom Hardy could be a decent Eddie Brock in a Spider-Man film. I did think of one way it could work, regardless of what happens in this one: a Spider-Man VS Venom film in which the alien costume decides to take over Spider-Man, and that leads to Eddie Brock hating Peter.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I only just realized that that's supposed to be Tom Hardy's Brock narrating the teaser. It sounds virtually nothing like him .

.............?? Brock has an accent in this film? What sort, and why?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

This looked generic, but it's honestly too soon to decide. To me, the movie will rise or fall on Venom, not Brock. So we don't know just yet.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Brock is an anti-hero in this movie and will be battling the Life Foundation. Spider-Man/Peter Parker is rumored to appear but will not have any sort of important role or weight on the story.

Visuals look brilliant. Brock's accent, brilliant. I have so much faith in this. Can't wait.
    Nothings confirmed about Life yet unfortubally as far as i know. All ive read is that Michelle Williams is Ann Weying. But i expect it to be about life foundation. I just hope carnage isnt here. And if he is he better be Cleteus
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Nothings confirmed about Life yet unfortubally as far as i know. All ive read is that Michelle Williams is Ann Weying. But i expect it to be about life foundation. I just hope carnage isnt here. And if he is he better be Cleteus
    There's been set photos with the Life Foundation building interior and it says the name of it in there.

What a terrible trailer, too. I want to be optimistic but Sony tries to dash my hopes by doing this.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    But there were still a lot of laboratory shots, so it seems that artificial creation is still on the table. Maybe there is alien tech involved in its creation, be my guess.
    That could just be where the symbiote is being stored. The idea of the symbiote being part alien is interesting; maybe the Life Foundation wants to create a living tactical suit and makes use of alien tissue fused with human technology, but the alien part is what turns Venom monstrous.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    There's been set photos with the Life Foundation building interior and it says the name of it in there.

What a terrible trailer, too. I want to be optimistic but Sony tries to dash my hopes by doing this.
    Oh my bad. I havent looked at set photos. I dont like apoiling too much of a film
    X-Men Forever

It is understandable why they didn't show much, since they just finished filming a couple of weeks ago. What i don't understand is why release a trailer now? why not wait 'till they have more footage and at least a shot of Hardy as Venom?
    Anyway, they still has 8 months to get a proper trailer and get people excited.. don't scew the next one Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    That could just be where the symbiote is being stored. The idea of the symbiote being part alien is interesting; maybe the Life Foundation wants to create a living tactical suit and makes use of alien tissue fused with human technology, but the alien part is what turns Venom monstrous.
    I'm down. Seeing Venom as a sort of organic technology would be very close to the comics version, especially the Ultimate version.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.