Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The PG tone is fine but Venom franchise is better as action/horror film than going for the superhero money. The point is proven by Venom eating people yeah you pull it off but those were the money shots and moments people are waiting for and not getting over time will get annoying. Wolverine worked without being R but blood and wolverine claws actually cutting stuff made a difference in Logan. With spiderman around I get it go PG but no Spiderman it is better off as an R long term
    Venom is not nor should ever be R in tone. Even the whole "eat your brain" schtick is reminiscent of someone at a Haunted house trying to be scary. That is why I find it funny when people and websites like CBR say that it should have been a horror movie. https://www.cbr.com/venom-should-hav...-horror-movie/
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Venom is not nor should ever be R in tone. Even the whole "eat your brain" schtick is reminiscent of someone at a Haunted house trying to be scary. That is why I find it funny when people and websites like CBR say that it should have been a horror movie. https://www.cbr.com/venom-should-hav...-horror-movie/
    I could see a Rated R Venom movie easily.

In the Vein of Evil Dead II or Army of Darkness, though, not a straight horror film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    He's the Joker of the Marvel Universe only with an alien attached to him and just can't do the world a favor and die no matter how many times he gets killed in the comics.
    Even the Joker didn't start out as the Joker, and was perfectly sane once upon a time.

Spectacular Member

Hardy should stay far away from Venom/Brock. This was the first bad performance I’ve seen from him. He was Jim Carrey/Nicolas Cage, only not as watchable as that might be. This movie altogether was horrible! Venom should’ve never gotten a solo film. He doesn’t even work in a solo comic series. I heard this needs $450m to be profitable, and not to dismiss the people who did work hard on this, probably, I want this to bomb so Sony can finally get some damn humility.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    Hardy should stay far away from Venom/Brock. This was the first bad performance I’ve seen from him. He was Jim Carrey/Nicolas Cage, only not as watchable as that might be. This movie altogether was horrible! Venom should’ve never gotten a solo film. He doesn’t even work in a solo comic series. I heard this needs $450m to be profitable, and not to dismiss the people who did work hard on this, probably, I want this to bomb so Sony can finally get some damn humility.
    Clearly you saw a VERY different film then the one I did, I wrent in with no expectations (in fact, if anything I expected to be disappointed) and was genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Hardy's exploring of the bond between the symbiote gave us some funny scenes and added a layer of depth to the character which isn't always seen in recent comics.

Eddie Brock is not and never has been my Venom (Flash Thompson was/is much more interesting to me) but this was a fun way to kill a few hours.

To each their own, of course, I'm just surprised you consider this a BAD performance from Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    Venom should’ve never gotten a solo film. He doesn’t even work in a solo comic series.
    I disagree, his book is probably one of the best Marvel titles right now.

I heard this needs $450m to be profitable, and not to dismiss the people who did work hard on this, probably, I want this to bomb so Sony can finally get some damn humility.
    Sorry but its a little too late to hope for this movie to bomb, it made $205.2 millions worldwide in the first weekend, and with a production cost of 116 millions plus markeing it means that it made its money back just with the first weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I could see a Rated R Venom movie easily.

In the Vein of Evil Dead II or Army of Darkness, though, not a straight horror film.
    I see that as well, maybe by the 3rd movie and when they bring in Carnage.

Made 378M in just 10 days, with major markets like China still to go: https://deadline.com/2018/10/venom-s...ce-1202482449/

Here comes Sony's Spiderverse!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Made 378M in just 10 days, with major markets like China still to go: https://deadline.com/2018/10/venom-s...ce-1202482449/

Here comes Sony's Spiderverse!
    There's a potentially scary thought .

Astonishing Member

Looks like all of Spidey's villains will be making it on the big screen now.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

What’s the matter folk? Aren’t y’all excited for... **checks notes** a Kraven the Hunter, black car, Silver Sable & Morbius movie???

Damm, $700 M is looking easy. Who saw that coming?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Damm, $700 M is looking easy. Who saw that coming?
    I did. Dumb action flicks have always been a Hollywood mainstay.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    What’s the matter folk? Aren’t y’all excited for... **checks notes** a Kraven the Hunter, black car, Silver Sable & Morbius movie???
    And the Morbius movie is set to begin in early 2019. I think we can all take some comfort in the fact that we're all confused.

Ok so this was a good action movie. Lots of laughs, yes, and this was the entire audience breaking up not just me. Not very good drama, all very basic and predictable, but lots of scenes with Venom fighting, punching, eating heads etc. Great action! The character development was a little rudimentary, bordering on ridiculous, on the level of "Martha!" But I didn't care. I'm already looking forward to the next film
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.