Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 442
  1. #391
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The PG tone is fine but Venom franchise is better as action/horror film than going for the superhero money. The point is proven by Venom eating people yeah you pull it off but those were the money shots and moments people are waiting for and not getting over time will get annoying. Wolverine worked without being R but blood and wolverine claws actually cutting stuff made a difference in Logan. With spiderman around I get it go PG but no Spiderman it is better off as an R long term
    Venom is not nor should ever be R in tone. Even the whole "eat your brain" schtick is reminiscent of someone at a Haunted house trying to be scary. That is why I find it funny when people and websites like CBR say that it should have been a horror movie. https://www.cbr.com/venom-should-hav...-horror-movie/
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  2. #392
    Astonishing Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Venom is not nor should ever be R in tone. Even the whole "eat your brain" schtick is reminiscent of someone at a Haunted house trying to be scary. That is why I find it funny when people and websites like CBR say that it should have been a horror movie. https://www.cbr.com/venom-should-hav...-horror-movie/
    I could see a Rated R Venom movie easily.

    In the Vein of Evil Dead II or Army of Darkness, though, not a straight horror film.

  3. #393
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    He's the Joker of the Marvel Universe only with an alien attached to him and just can't do the world a favor and die no matter how many times he gets killed in the comics.
    Even the Joker didn't start out as the Joker, and was perfectly sane once upon a time.

  4. #394
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Hardy should stay far away from Venom/Brock. This was the first bad performance I’ve seen from him. He was Jim Carrey/Nicolas Cage, only not as watchable as that might be. This movie altogether was horrible! Venom should’ve never gotten a solo film. He doesn’t even work in a solo comic series. I heard this needs $450m to be profitable, and not to dismiss the people who did work hard on this, probably, I want this to bomb so Sony can finally get some damn humility.

  5. #395
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    Hardy should stay far away from Venom/Brock. This was the first bad performance I’ve seen from him. He was Jim Carrey/Nicolas Cage, only not as watchable as that might be. This movie altogether was horrible! Venom should’ve never gotten a solo film. He doesn’t even work in a solo comic series. I heard this needs $450m to be profitable, and not to dismiss the people who did work hard on this, probably, I want this to bomb so Sony can finally get some damn humility.
    Clearly you saw a VERY different film then the one I did, I wrent in with no expectations (in fact, if anything I expected to be disappointed) and was genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Hardy's exploring of the bond between the symbiote gave us some funny scenes and added a layer of depth to the character which isn't always seen in recent comics.

    Eddie Brock is not and never has been my Venom (Flash Thompson was/is much more interesting to me) but this was a fun way to kill a few hours.

    To each their own, of course, I'm just surprised you consider this a BAD performance from Hardy.

  6. #396
    Spectacular Member Imago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    Venom should’ve never gotten a solo film. He doesn’t even work in a solo comic series.
    I disagree, his book is probably one of the best Marvel titles right now.

    I heard this needs $450m to be profitable, and not to dismiss the people who did work hard on this, probably, I want this to bomb so Sony can finally get some damn humility.
    Sorry but its a little too late to hope for this movie to bomb, it made $205.2 millions worldwide in the first weekend, and with a production cost of 116 millions plus markeing it means that it made its money back just with the first weekend.

  7. #397
    BANNED Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I could see a Rated R Venom movie easily.

    In the Vein of Evil Dead II or Army of Darkness, though, not a straight horror film.
    I see that as well, maybe by the 3rd movie and when they bring in Carnage.

  8. #398
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,550

    Default

    Made 378M in just 10 days, with major markets like China still to go: https://deadline.com/2018/10/venom-s...ce-1202482449/

    Here comes Sony's Spiderverse!

  9. #399
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Made 378M in just 10 days, with major markets like China still to go: https://deadline.com/2018/10/venom-s...ce-1202482449/

    Here comes Sony's Spiderverse!
    There's a potentially scary thought .

  10. #400
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,896

    Default

    Looks like all of Spidey's villains will be making it on the big screen now.

  11. #401
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,694

    Default

    What’s the matter folk? Aren’t y’all excited for... **checks notes** a Kraven the Hunter, black car, Silver Sable & Morbius movie???

  12. #402
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,223

    Default

    Damm, $700 M is looking easy. Who saw that coming?

  13. #403
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Damm, $700 M is looking easy. Who saw that coming?
    I did. Dumb action flicks have always been a Hollywood mainstay.

  14. #404
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    What’s the matter folk? Aren’t y’all excited for... **checks notes** a Kraven the Hunter, black car, Silver Sable & Morbius movie???
    And the Morbius movie is set to begin in early 2019. I think we can all take some comfort in the fact that we're all confused.

  15. #405
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    5,582

    Default

    Ok so this was a good action movie. Lots of laughs, yes, and this was the entire audience breaking up not just me. Not very good drama, all very basic and predictable, but lots of scenes with Venom fighting, punching, eating heads etc. Great action! The character development was a little rudimentary, bordering on ridiculous, on the level of "Martha!" But I didn't care. I'm already looking forward to the next film
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •