Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Wish they got him to play Sam Fisher, but hey, who knows, maybe the movie will be alright in and of itself if they explain Venom as being an AU Spider-Man, where alien slime from space instead of a spider bite gave Brock powers.
    Ugh, I still need this

I wonder how they're going to handle the suit.

Will there be a practical suit, or will Hardy do motion-capture? Maybe a bit of both?

I like Hardy, he's a very good actor, I can definitely see him as older Eddie Brock. But why oh why would you make Venom without Spidey? WHY?!

It's strange that the gif of Venom facelift to show the face of Tom Hardy does not yet exist.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

All-New Member

It's true that a Venom movie without Spider-Man (and the black suit saga) sounds very strange and not what Spidey and Venom fans want but... it's not too difficult to do a Venom movie without Spider-Man

Basic Story: A Government Covert Team is assembled to deal with things that the regular Super Heroes (aka the Avengers) can't really do. They find a black goo substance that fell from space and use it to mimic Spider-Man's powers and that's how Agent Venom is born - that way Spidey's Secret ID is still a secret.

I loved Zombiland, Love Hardy and love the idea of them making a venom movie together, but I hope it will not try to be a Deadpool rip off

Hardy's a great pick for Eddie Brock (a little bit too old to play any version of Flash Thompson) but I think there's still the fatal flaw that the film isn't connected to Spider-Man.

If this announcement was about how Hardy will be making a small appearance as Brock in Homecoming, to set-up a larger role in the sequel, it would be exciting. But they're skipping the connection to Spider-Man for the sake of getting a film out two years early.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Honestly this isn't an entirely unworkable idea. I'd even go as far as saying it would be better than including him in a Spider-Man movie.

Hear me out. The thing about Venom is that the thing that makes him who he is to Spider-Man are the things that make it near impossible for him to be adapted into a Spider-Man movie. When you look at the types of villains Spider-Man fights, Venom sticks out like a sore thumb. They are either mob bosses and enforcers, science experiments gone wrong or high tech mercenaries. Venom does not belong to either group. You can't just throw aliens at your audience in a movie series that up until now has had nothing to do with aliens. Why do you think the X-Men movies just made Juggernaut into a mutant instead of an avatar for a god or the Phoenix was made into Jean's alter ego instead of a cosmic fire bird? The Amazing and Spectacular cartoons as well as the Raimi series each had to throw up their arms as far as introducing him goes and ran with, "SUDDENLY ALIENS but nobody cares anymore because Spidey has a new suit."

Hell, Peter didn't even figure out where the Venom suit came from in Spider-Man 3.

Putting Venom in a movie where Spider-Man does not exist means you avoid the hassle of having to explain with all the limited time you have how he fits into Spider-Man's world.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Honestly this isn't an entirely unworkable idea. I'd even go as far as saying it would be better than including him in a Spider-Man movie.

Hear me out. The thing about Venom is that the thing that makes him who he is to Spider-Man are the things that make it near impossible for him to be adapted into a Spider-Man movie. When you look at the types of villains Spider-Man fights, Venom sticks out like a sore thumb. They are either mob bosses and enforcers, science experiments gone wrong or high tech mercenaries. Venom does not belong to either group. You can't just throw aliens at your audience in a movie series that up until now has had nothing to do with aliens. Why do you think the X-Men movies just made Juggernaut into a mutant instead of an avatar for a god or the Phoenix was made into Jean's alter ego instead of a cosmic fire bird? The Amazing and Spectacular cartoons as well as the Raimi series each had to throw up their arms as far as introducing him goes and ran with, "SUDDENLY ALIENS but nobody cares anymore because Spidey has a new suit."

Hell, Peter didn't even figure out where the Venom suit came from in Spider-Man 3.

Putting Venom in a movie where Spider-Man does not exist means you avoid the hassle of having to explain with all the limited time you have how he fits into Spider-Man's world.
    It wouldn't have been that difficult to pull off in the MCU since it's already well-established aliens by this point.

You'd just need to find a way to get the Symbiote onto Spidey.

I also don't think you really need to go that deeply into the Symbiote's origins past "it's from space." I think Brock and the Symbiote's relationship with Spider-Man is more important by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It wouldn't have been that difficult to pull off in the MCU since it's already well-established aliens by this point.

I also don't think you really need to go that deeply into the Symbiote's origins past "it's from space." I think Brock and the Symbiote's relationship with Spider-Man is more important by comparison.
    Infinity War also provides an excuse for Spidey to get into contact with weird alien stuff.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Infinity War also provides an excuse for Spidey to get into contact with weird alien stuff.
    The only problem is, we don't know how or if this is even gonna tie into the MCU. Marvel has nothing to do with it, and I don't even think Sony knows if it's gonna be connected to Homecoming or not, which just makes the project all the more needlessly complicated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The only problem is, we don't know how or if this is even gonna tie into the MCU. Marvel has nothing to do with it, and I don't even think Sony knows if it's gonna be connected to Homecoming or not, which just makes the project all the more needlessly complicated.
    But if Marvel is able to use Spidey as part of the deal with Sony, why not Venom?

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    It's completely nonsensical.

'Oh wait, here's another guy who sticks to walls, swings around on webs he's spun himself, and has a big spider on his costume. But nope! He has absolutely nothing to do with Spider-Man!'
    Still probably does in the sense that in an alternate universe, a guy got Spider-Powers by having an alien symbiote bond to him, and he is that universe's equivalent of Spider-Man.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Yeah... how did that work out for them again?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yeah... how did that work out for them again?
    I never said the movie was good. It was bad but not for those reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

True it could have worked in the MCU. But seeing as how it's not might as well go for this direction.