Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I thought this had to be fake news when I heard about it. There was no way something this awesome could actually happen. But it did. This is really happening. I never knew how much I wanted to see Tom Hardy play Venom in a movie before now. And it's coming out around Halloween no less. There's just too much about this to love.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    True it could have worked in the MCU. But seeing as how it's not might as well go for this direction.
    Well you kind of have to, since they're not even going to use Spider-Man .

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    But if Marvel is able to use Spidey as part of the deal with Sony, why not Venom?
    It's not that they aren't allowed to use Venom, but more like they don't want to now at least. Sony have been trying to get a Venom movie made for a long time, and are taking advantage of this Homecoming situation to get it made, so if it ends up being successful, when the Spidey deal is up they can take him back and continue their own cinematic universe. Which is a really terrible idea.

Also from what I read, because both Marvel and Sony cast Tom Holland together, Sony isn't allowed to use him without Marvel's permission, and vice versa.

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

I think the lack of Spider-man will be interesting. I really hope they interact in the future, but a lot of folks complain about Eddie Brock being a lousy character (not me. I love him!). They can re-invent him into something amazing! Movies are never accurate to the source material anyways.

This is my most anticipated movie simply because of Tom Hardy!

Great casting choice. Hopefully the script is strong!

Don't care.
    It's just another bad attempt by Sony to make a Spider-Man film universe. Only this time it's a Spider-Man film universe without Spider-Man in it.
    It's gonna suck.

Sony should just try and get Raimi, Tobey Maguire, and Kirsten Dunst back and make a Renew Your Vows Spider-Man movie.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    Don't care.
    It's just another bad attempt by Sony to make a Spider-Man film universe. Only this time it's a Spider-Man film universe without Spider-Man in it.
    It's gonna suck.
    I will concede that I think having a Venom movie without Spider-Man is a flawed premise from the start, but that doesn't mean that the movie won't be good on its own terms.

Sony should just try and get Raimi, Tobey Maguire, and Kirsten Dunst back and make a Renew Your Vows Spider-Man movie.
    I would go for that, although I don't know if there would be a large audience for it, much less if they principles would be willing to come back. Aside from that new rumor that they're making a new release of the trilogy with a extended edition of SM3, I get the impression that the book is closed on those movies.

Don't care.
    It's gonna suck.

Hey, that was my idea.

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post2485691

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post2579762

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I will concede that I think having a Venom movie without Spider-Man is a flawed premise from the start, but that doesn't mean that the movie won't be good on its own terms.

I would go for that, although I don't know if there would be a large audience for it, much less if they principles would be willing to come back. Aside from that new rumor that they're making a new release of the trilogy with a extended edition of SM3, I get the impression that the book is closed on those movies.
    But what if Spider-Man simply isn't in the first movie, just in later ones as a cameo, or in flashbacks?

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Not the slightest bit of shock, the main reason for ever bringing venom into a movie was to bring in Carnage. Ever since they tried but cancelled a deal with new line cinema in 1997 for budget reasons.

Carnage was the obvious choice for the villain.

Now the question is who's going to play Kasady...

Feige Quote Only Spidey in the MCU

"Right now, Spidey is in the MCU and it’s just Spidey. Civil War, Homecoming, we’ve already shot a lot of Tom Holland’s scenes in the upcoming Avengers films, and we’re just starting to solidify our plans for Homecoming 2 – we won’t call it that, whatever it is – which is exciting because it’ll be the first MCU movie after untitled Avengers in 2019. It’ll be the way Civil War informed everything in Homecoming, those movies will launch him off into a very new cinematic universe at that point. Those five movies are we’re focusing on.”

Holland Quotes

"That is something that is far beyond my control. As I know now, I am in the MCU. I am the MCU Spider-Man. I exist in the world of the Avengers. The Venom movie takes place in a different universe, so I have no plans to show up in those movies any time soon. But you know, things change! We'll have to wait and see."

As for Venom in his Spider-Man films. “Everyone’s asking this question, man. It’s never happening,”
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-24-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Too Soon. This movie should be about building Venom's Character. Save Carnage for later

Sony is rushing this.