Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Too Soon. This movie should be about building Venom's Character. Save Carnage for later

Sony is rushing this.
    Well, if that wasn't obvious beforehand...

Now I don't think Marvel/MCU have made a bad film now there have been some mediocre ones but none I'd call bad. Now Raimi made two Masterpieces IMO with Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2, 3 isn't awful to me you can see where the studio messed it up and Amazing Spider-Man was good to me, Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a mess IMO. Now I don't care if Sony or let's say Universal with their Dark Universe I'm starting to think these Studios need to watch 2008 Iron Man if they want to start a cinematic universe Marvel seemed so restrained now they had one Shield Agent Coulson who at the time was a comic character he was a random agent and a end credit scene promising a possible bigger universe. Even Hulk released that same hear some mentions of a 40's Super-Soldier program and after credits scene of Tony. This throwing everything including the kitchen sink never works I get they want that Marvel/Disney Money but they'll get it if they take their time...

BANNED

Michelle Williams negotiating for a part

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/mi...dy-1202564136/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Michelle Williams negotiating for a part

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/mi...dy-1202564136/
    So Ann Weying?

Surprised no one's posted this, considering we're talking about Tom Hardy and Venom, but some YouTubers did an interesting crossover that pits Hardy's two geek roles (not counting his turn as Shinzon on Star Trek: together

This film seems to be punching above its weight in casting.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Apparently the movie will be based around Lethal Protector and Planet of the Symbiotes, so we might get other symbiotes like Scream and Riot. Also, I wonder if Sony is still open to connecting the Venom film to Life:

https://www.cbr.com/comic-venom-movie-based-on/
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Apparently the movie will be based around Lethal Protector and Planet of the Symbiotes, .....
    This is really the best way to go for this film in terms of;...

a) Minimal Spider-Man presence required, hopefully just a flashback of Eddie and Spidey's 'deal', also Tom Holland not required.
    b) Which means the film can maintain the illusion / possibility that it's set in the MCU.
    c) Shooting in SF is gonna be cheaper than NYC.

.....If we get the classic form hulking CGI Venom ripping heads off in an R rated film (w/ Tom Hardy!) well, that's like a Venom fanboys wet dream.
    And from the looks of the McFarlane style promo art, we could be getting that!

Hardy is an incredible actor, but for Bane I felt he was too small for the role.
    The great thing about Venom tho, is that he's is supposed to look like a big CGI thing so Hardy's height should not be a problem.
    Really hyped for this film, Hardy does not except crap roles so his inclusion and that of people like Michelle Williams is very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Apparently the movie will be based around Lethal Protector and Planet of the Symbiotes, so we might get other symbiotes like Scream and Riot. Also, I wonder if Sony is still open to connecting the Venom film to Life:

https://www.cbr.com/comic-venom-movie-based-on/
    If anyone was worried about them turning Brock into Agent Venom, the logo and tagline referencing classic Venom should hopefully alleviate those fears.

Hardy's in, I'm in. There is nothing he has done yet that I didn't find to be at least entertaining.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I hope for no Spider-Man at all in this. At minimum, you run the risk of having him cameo and then thanklessly marginalized, since this isn't "his" movie, obviously. I also have zero interest in Brock's traditional hatred of Spider-Man and antagonizing of him, but then expecting fan sympathy when he goes up against "bad guys" himself. No. Flat-out. I'm not supporting that.

I'm also not interested in trying to microwave a relationship between Peter and the symbiote. Better to just completely bypass at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope for no Spider-Man at all in this. At minimum, you run the risk of having him cameo and then thanklessly marginalized, since this isn't "his" movie, obviously. I also have zero interest in Brock's traditional hatred of Spider-Man and antagonizing of him, but then expecting fan sympathy when he goes up against "bad guys" himself. No. Flat-out. I'm not supporting that.

I'm also not interested in trying to microwave a relationship between Peter and the symbiote. Better to just completely bypass at this point.
    Honestly there's nothing I want more then to see Spidey and Hardy's Venom go toe-to-toe.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Hardy's in, I'm in. There is nothing he has done yet that I didn't find to be at least entertaining.
    totally agreed. love his work.

BANNED

Michelle Williams confirms that she's Anne

https://screenrant.com/michelle-will...m-anne-weying/