Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

who is Anne? never heard of her. I hope that Dr. Kafka is saved for the main Spidey movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who is Anne? never heard of her. I hope that Dr. Kafka is saved for the main Spidey movies.
    Eddie's ex-wife, former She-Venom. She committed suicide during Mackie's run on ASM.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Not bad, kind of reminds me of a Licker from Resident Evil.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I really doubt they'll put Holland into this or try and connect it to the MCU, but I could see there being a nod to Spider-Man to justify Venom's chest spider emblem if they're keeping that as part of his design.

Looks like Holland is going to be in it as Peter after all:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...l-Infinity-War
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I'm really wondering what Sony is doing here...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm really wondering what Sony is doing here...
    Agreed. Makes no sense to have Parker, not Spiderman, appear.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

We don't yet know his role, so it's difficult to say. Maybe the symbiote does bond briefly with Peter, giving it the spider characteristics like webbing and such. If Venom is part of the MCU, then maybe in a later film, the relationship between the two characters could be more like what we saw in ASM #315, where the symbiote is torn between the two hosts. If this is the case, then if it were to happen that Spider-Man were to inadvertently cause some calamity to happen in Eddie's life, this could lead to a vendetta just as personal as what we see in the comics.

iMan 42s

For the sake of the film, Spider-man doesn't have to get it initially. What can very well happen is that Eddie sees Spider-man and that is the inspiration for where the webbing, wall climbing, and the emblem come from. Spider-man in this case could be the result of a copy cat so to speak since the symbiote webbing isn't actually webbing (it just looks like it), the wall climbing could be digging into surfaces (like Ultimate did) or the alien/experiment/thing is just naturally sticky, and the emblem can be derived simply from Spider-man when in the comics it came from Spider-Woman.

The Spider-man connection is there without him taking up too much space in the movie.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

My first thought was that, if Spider-Man would have any role in the film, it would be to give Brock the inspiration for Venom's design and explain why he resembles Spider-Man.

But if Holland is just going to be in it as Peter, I'm not really sure what they're going to be doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My first thought was that, if Spider-Man would have any role in the film, it would be to give Brock the inspiration for Venom's design and explain why he resembles Spider-Man.

But if Holland is just going to be in it as Peter, I'm not really sure what they're going to be doing here.
    I could see that if Brock sees Spiderman on TV or something. But Parker just doesn't make sense.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Sony got the talent right in for the actor. Let's hope they do the same with the writer
    They will have to if they want to make sense how Venom can exist without Spidey, hell they could probably have an easier time explaining Black Cat's and Silver Sable's existence than Venom's given how their connections are not so dependent on Peter's. I will be fair and give this movie a shot but despite having Hardy i am really keeping my expectations low.