Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Fury #2

Default Nick Fury #2

Robinson, ACO and company are crafting what looks to be a masterpiece of a book. I don't care about those petty Jr. vs Sr. complaints. They mean absolutely nothing. This book on its own two feet is amazing. The art again is just stellar. There's so much to see in every page. The dialogue is great and the characters introduced are interesting.

I didn't expect this to be but this has got to be my favorite book on the market. A+

Fury and Iron Fist are my two favorite Marvel books right now.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Yeah this issue was great, if this manages not to get prematurely cancelled I think this has potential to be a classic run.

BANNED

I'm intrigued by the positive posts in this thread.

I may have to give this book a look.

Mighty Member

Definitely shaping up to be something special. I like the naming conventions Robinson used for Nick's antagonist. I C WUT U DID THERE.
    This issue specifically, aside from being good in its own right, is exactly what the last Winter Soldier series should have been.

BANNED

My God, this book is outstanding. It took me awhile to read this just because I had to linger on every page just to gaze at every detail of the art.

It's absolutely beautiful and Robinson's crisp, fast-paced script is everything you'd want from a sci-fi spy adventure.

Don't wait for trade on this. Pick it up, show that there's an audience for this book. Because there damn well ought to be.

Seriously, it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    My God, this book is outstanding. It took me awhile to read this just because I had to linger on every page just to gaze at every detail of the art.

It's absolutely beautiful and Robinson's crisp, fast-paced script is everything you'd want from a sci-fi spy adventure.

Don't wait for trade on this. Pick it up, show that there's an audience for this book. Because there damn well ought to be.

Seriously, it's amazing.
    That's exactly how I felt. This book is amazing and Marvel needs to promote the heck out of it.

I would never have thought this book would kill it like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    I don't care about those petty Jr. vs Sr. complaints.
    The truth is, this is a Jr book. The stories are written to feature a field agent, obviously a talented and intelligent one. The beauty of a lesser conflict, instead of one on which the fabric of the multiverse (or at least the earth) is that we can enjoy it without worrying about every other book in the Marvel universe. The art is experimental and extraordinary. The mix of detailed panels with double page spreads practically screams look at the little AND big picture. ACO has his (?) own style and is setting his own reputation with this as Steranko did in the day.

I really hope there's some underlying story aspects here. Seeing Frankie Noble again makes that a lot more likely to me. Robinson did a good job with Scarlet Witch with the same format (as well as mono-chromatic covers) and I'm drooling thinking of him doing it again here.

Another stellar issue. I never used to be the biggest Robinson fan but he's really been turning out some great work as of late and this is just another book to add to the list.

ACO's art is, again, absolutely out of this world and Rosenberg's colors really bring it to life.

Spectacular Member

how much ANAD-NOW knowledge do i need to have in order to read this series?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Rosenberg's colors really bring it to life.
    The colors on the first issue were extraordinary and added so much to the already superb artwork. I want to second this compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Oryo23 View Post
    how much ANAD-NOW knowledge do i need to have in order to read this series?
    SHIELD are good guys. Hydra and Yakuza are bad guys. That's it. Dive in and enjoy it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The colors on the first issue were extraordinary and added so much to the already superb artwork. I want to second this compliment.

SHIELD are good guys. Hydra and Yakuza are bad guys. That's it. Dive in and enjoy it.
    So basically zero

Quote Originally Posted by Oryo23 View Post
    So basically zero
    Basically zero. Admittedly, I was trying to be cute. As far as I know all of the characters in the book are new (except for possibly the voice giving Fury direction). There really haven't been many characters introduced.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The truth is, this is a Jr book. The stories are written to feature a field agent, obviously a talented and intelligent one. The beauty of a lesser conflict, instead of one on which the fabric of the multiverse (or at least the earth) is that we can enjoy it without worrying about every other book in the Marvel universe.
    That's kinda a justification for a Jr. book right there and then. It's a niche that he fills perfectly.

(And honestly, you could pitch a Sr. book that occupies a different niche (assuming you get him out of his current situation). They do two different things that play to their individual strengths).