Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Star Wars: Rogue One - Cassian & K-2SO Special #1 in August

Written by Duane Swierczynski with art by Fernando Blanco, the 40-page one-shot will reveal how Cassian, one of the top intelligence officers of the Rebel Alliance, met K-2SO, a reprogrammed Imperial security droid.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017...erczynski.html
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

This August, witness the beginning of Cassian and K-2SO's journey.

Looking forward to it.
    As far as I see it Cassian Andor is pretty much the "Rebel Spy" of the opening crawl.
    Somewhat the James Bond / license to kill / mission impossible type guy for the Rebel Alliance.
    I'm curious to see how Cassian and K-2SO met, why he reprogrammed a cold sarcastic imperial assassin droid to become his "best friend"? (might be pretty sad actually!)

Maybe with all the killing, all these dark spy missions (he's been doing this since he was 6), feeling he was losing his own humanity, he had to create something more "human" than what he was becoming, in an assassin droid, the least humane thing of all. .
    I wonder if there has been other conflicts with some of the more ruthless tasks General Draven may have asked of him, always walking that fine line between losing himself in the face of his impossible missions.
    I think Jyn and the Rogue One mission gave him a chance to get his humanity back, is why he and the others had to go no mater what.

If there is room I'd also like to see them develop a few of the team which chose to follow him and Jyn, (the 10 who feel like 100 group) Pao, Melshi and others who they name, and see how they became a team, what other missions they've done.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-31-2017 at 07:41 PM.

BANNED

Great choice of writer too for a shady spy type character.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Great choice of writer too for a shady spy type character.
    I concur! Great combo for a great duo.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I wonder if it'll go into more of Cassian's past-as stated by the dialogue in the film, he's been a rebel for a very long time, and I think the books clarify that he was actually a young seperatist fighter in the Clone Wars. (The Seperatists-despite their crooked leadership and battle droid armies-are humanized slightly in the "Clone Wars" TV series, giving depth to the "Heroes on both sides" from Sith's opening crawl)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth