10 31.25%
  • I don't mind this at all

7 21.88%
  • It's a mess already. this is just the cherry on top

6 18.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They didn't exactly had to do more than one movie about Phoenix. Just another X-Men movie with Jean and Scott on it that has her using her Phoenix powers sometimes.
    I am not saying they should follow the comics... but in fact the phoenix saga includes:
    - the build up between jean & scott, they can do it in any x-movie, but they didn't
    - phoenix saga with the Shia'r Empire.... none of this is going to happen apparently.
    - dark phoenix saga with its own build up. (this alone deserves 2 movies if I was the man in charge but hey...)

Although they can change the dark phoenix story, but the fact they jumped straight into it, with no build up whatsoever, with lawrence and magneto added to the mix, makes it already bad... I dunno what are they trying to do but it's wrong.
    Last edited by forgotten_utopia; 05-19-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

Someone else has explained it better on a different thread before, but the Phoenix has had plenty of build up in the X-Men movies.

No to J-Law, No to a New Wolverine only because I don't want time wasted to only introductions, and maybe to Magneto if he's being used to bring out Jean's "Dark Side" not my ideal story idea but I'm never going to get a two movie story with one half involving the Shi'Ar and Jean becoming Phoenix and then a movie dedicated to Dark Phoenix. I know this might get hate but this is one area the MCU does it right. Apocalypse sending the Nukes into orbit to explode would lead to the Shi'Ar detecting Earth or something in a Post Credit scene the Next film would be the M'Kraan Crystal and Phoenix heck maybe the M'Kraan would had been the McGuffin for Apocalypse and then that would lead into a two part Phoenix Saga. I have hope but it's not a lot for this movie just because I feel they're rushing it. Still extremely excited for Deadpool 2 and New Mutants and have hopes for X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    Someone else has explained it better on a different thread before, but the Phoenix has had plenty of build up in the X-Men movies.
    Man it is literally just one scene! what are you taking about?
    Mahatma Ghandi

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Let's make more threads bashing a movie we literally don't know anything about

ROlls eyes

WHere is the poll option "IT DEPENDS ON THEIR ROLES"
    This.

No need for another thread like this honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by forgotten_utopia View Post
    Man it is literally just one scene! what are you taking about?
    One scene? What on earth are you talking about? Every movie Jean has been a part of, the Phoenix has been mentioned and built up.
    Again, someone else explained it better, but in the first 3 movies it focuses on Jean struggling to control her power, leading to the first Dark Phoenix in The Last Stand.
    In Days of Future Past Xavier sees a glimpse of Jeans future, leading him to not control her so much the second time round. Since Xavier did not place psychic blocks in Jeans head, she has more control of her Phoenix powers in Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    One scene? What on earth are you talking about? Every movie Jean has been a part of, the Phoenix has been mentioned and built up.
    Again, someone else explained it better, but in the first 3 movies it focuses on Jean struggling to control her power, leading to the first Dark Phoenix in The Last Stand.
    In Days of Future Past Xavier sees a glimpse of Jeans future, leading him to not control her so much the second time round. Since Xavier did not place psychic blocks in Jeans head, she has more control of her Phoenix powers in Apocalypse.
    Jean was in one scene in DOFP
    in APocalypse they hint at it at the begining and then at the end she became the phoenix...

Zero to no character development between her and cyclops.
    In the comics she get corrupted by the phoenix force with time she don't just go dark phoenix.

Read comics.
    this thing in movies is a glimpse, a near shadow of the true story. you have seen J LAW moaning an yawning the whole time with cameos of scott and jean, Have you even noticed the presence of storm in the last movie??
    they were just supporting characters in a movie about them!!!
    Mahatma Ghandi