Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Those Hulk covers are pretty cool, but "Banner Hulk?" Shouldn't they have gone with "Incredible" or "Savage" to match Cho being "Totally Awesome?" Just doesn't really roll of the tongue as well in my opinion.
    Agreed

- Did they have to list Thor as the "Unworthy Thor?" Couldn't they have just done "Thor Odinson?" Also, judging by the cover, we're going to see Thor and Jane (begrudgingly) team-up to fight Apocalypse. I wonder if this version of Thor is currently with Jane at the time he meets her as Thor?
    Yeah that is weird especially since at this point Thor Odinson would be still be worthy. Heck, it's heavily implied the present day Odinson is worthy again he just doesn't want any hammer other than his own and doesn't want to take back his hammer from Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    how is Jean a legacy character for herself? i don't get that. why not use the Novas or the Quasars instead?
    Well it's a different Jean. Sadly I don't think Quasar is an important enough character to justify a Generations book and as for the Novas, isn't the current Nova book a Generations book starring both versions of the character?

This of course brings up an interesting question; since this looks like time travel (or something similar) I wonder if these time displaced heroes will interact with their present day selves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Do you dislike her as a character or is there a different reason?

@Topic: I'll get The Best and the Archers.
    The Americans and the Worthy being optional choices.
    Don't care enough about the rest.
    I really don't like kate bishop, I'd be tolerate her if Marvel didn't double down on calling her the "Real Hawkeye".

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I wonder if captain marvel and wolverine will have their own two separate titles where mar-vell/captain marvel and James Hewlett/wolverine have their own title while Laura Kinney continues to have own wolverine title and Carol Danvers continues to have her own captain marvel title much like spider man and captain america are doing that.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 05-19-2017 at 07:17 PM.

And honestly I think if even after legacy if Jason Aaron doesn't yet feel like it's time to inevitably have Jane no longer being Thor I believe he'll prolong that inevitable change until he feels it's time and it's coming along naturally and it isn't being rushed or forced upon him to have Jane no longer being Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    I really don't like kate bishop, I'd be tolerate her if Marvel didn't double down on calling her the "Real Hawkeye".
    I think Kate being the true, real, best Hawkeye is more of a running gag than something really serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think Kate being the true, real, best Hawkeye is more of a running gag than something really serious.
    I think it was in that it's intended to troll the fans who would easily get triggered/upset at the notion that someone who isn't Clint Barton is hawkeye.

Occasionally a writer will even put in a line of dialouge that address the critics who don't like for example Laura Kinney being wolverine just to troll the detractors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by plasticman101 View Post
    if this is an imaginary story then why the big push for it? if none of these characters come back then what's the point of shelling out 5 dollars a pop for them? if there's no pay-off I'm not touching these books!
    They're not imaginary tales. Well, no more so than every other imaginary comic book story.

I expect some of these characters will return. Maybe these issues will facilitate that. But just maybe not in every case.

But as to "what's the point?" You have top-notch writers and artists working on single issue stories with two generations of heroes meeting (a questionable definition in the case of Jean Grey but whatever). If you have an interest in these characters, why wouldn't you want to read these books? Now, I won't be getting all of these as I don't care about all these characters but stuff like Aaron's Thor and Bendis' Spider-Man, hell yeah I want to check those out.

I can almost get Unworthy Thor since that was his most recent title, so it could be some sort of attempt at synergy. But Banner Hulk throws me off completely.

How the hell is THE MARVELS the only one with no artist yet? Also, no Wasp or Nova? Yet Jean gets a book with herself, ok?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    If it is then it stopped being funny long ago.
    It certainly doesn't help that it started when Clint began to be written as an incompetent mess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Loving the art. Wish they would release a little description of each so we could have an idea of what's going on there, but I guess we'll find out anyway once the solicitations start coming out.

Is that Apocalypse in the back of The Thunder cover? That seems rather... random. I wonder if he's gonna have a role in the story?

The Archers is probably my favorite pair of covers. The variant with both of them wearing the classic costume is just hilarious, and I LOVE the contrast on the main cover, with Clint as his old classic self and Kate rocking her energy bow! I'm SO glad someone remembered her energy bow; I wish she would use it more.
    I remember how Kate commented on Clint's old costume and said she would never dress up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing, from these covers, that these team-ups are going to involve the younger generation teaming-up with their predecessors at earlier periods in their careers.
    Yes. Bendis described Legacy as the Peggy Sue got Married of the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    Hehe, I get that. It was born as a joke in fractions comic but certainly has gone too far by now.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Finally Carol and Kamala will make peace and although would prefer Rachel as Jean's legacy and the Phoenix I am happy that Bunn will be the writer .

I personally don't see what the big problem is about Generations "not mattering". It's just supposed to be a series of stories featuring these characters you love interacting in a new and interesting way with each other, while tonally acting as a prelude to Legacy. In fact, them only loosely connected to each other is even better, so if there's a certain issues you want over others, you can just go for those and not miss out on anything.

And about them being $5, a one-shot like this is going to be like 30-40 pages, and Marvel always makes books more than 20 pages $5 or more. So that's not a surprise at all, and understandable.

This is essentially the best way for them to handle "events" like these, making them optional, if you enjoy the characters and the story you can follow along, but you don't have to read and buy every single tie-in to understand it all. Similar to how they handled Monsters Unleashed earlier this year.