Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Can't disagree with this.

I also like the idea that he started off using a gun, but threw it away later.
    NO. This is all wrong. You should disagree with him because it's wrong.

Where are these people coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    YES!! But it'll never happen.
    Because it's a stupid idea. Go read the Punisher and spare Batman a bunch of right-wing power fantasies. It's offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    Because it's a stupid idea. Go read the Punisher and spare Batman a bunch of right-wing power fantasies. It's offensive.
    I agree that Batman having a gun is a terrible idea, just wrong. But I wouldn't call it a right-wing power fantasy. This doesn't seem the place for that sort of political bias type talk.

Astonishing Member

I don't want Batman to start shooting villains left and right, but some dogmatic abhorrence to guns doesn't really make sense either.

My idea would be to start Batman off the way he did in the original comics, only to evolve into his more familiar version by ditching it.
    Last edited by Kid A; 07-11-2014 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    My idea would be to start Batman off the way he did in the original comics, only to evolve into his more familiar version by ditching it.
    Batman actually started with a gun in new 52 continuity. In Zero Year Secret City we see him use a gun that fired only bean bags as opposed to bullets. Only used it once (that I've read, waiting for the rest of Zero Year to be collected in trade), and even then only to spoilers:
    knock Gordon out of the way of a falling steel beam.
    end of spoilers.

BANNED

Oddly enough, most of the good Punisher writers are squarely on the left side of the political spectrum.

It's also offensive to imply that if you want, or are "okay" with, Batman using a gun, then it's some sort of "right-wing power fantasy".

Also, it's possible to hate guns, in the real world, but be okay with them in fiction... because it's fiction.