Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Favourite self contained graphic novels from Marvel?

What you got?

BANNED

I have read a total of one: Rage of Ultron. I didn't find it to be too shabby, so...I guess I vote that one.

Unless by "self-contained" you meant "nothing that happens within affects the greater Marvel Universe"...?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

God Loves Man Kills was always my favorite, but I recently read The Death of Captain Marvel. It's a bit slow at parts, but it's an absolutely beautiful story.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hulk: Future Imperfect
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

God Loves, Man Kills. The Death of Captain Marvel. Some of the others were fun (the Season 1 books, Inhumans, Dazzler, Rahne of Terra, No More Humans, etc.), but those two were the best, imo.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Oh God, Rahne of Terra - Peter Allen David saves the day through the power of puns!
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I wish Marvel put out more of these stories. At this point the TPB has taken over- and while it's great that now story arcs can be collected more frequently, the aspect of an original OGN story is rare now. The Dr. Strange/Dr. Doom story by Mike Mignola is one that was cool.

BANNED

Actually Dreadstar was an ongoing series by Marvel Comics's Epic Comics branch.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    Actually Dreadstar was an ongoing series by Marvel Comics's Epic Comics branch.
    Dreadstar was one of the features stories in Epic Illustrated first with the "Metamorphosis Odyssey". After that came the Dreadstar Graphic Novel then came the ongoing series under the Epic banner. After that it had a long run over at First Comics and finally ended its run over at Malibu Comics.