Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Comico is a good blast from the past - i need to get back on that!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    American Flagg #1-#12 by Howard Chaykin. The first series. Those 12 issues were set up as four three parters and formed a wonderful arc. Flagg is criminally underrated as a product of the 80s. It deserves to be up there with other brilliant works. It gets good lip service, but it's beyond good.
    Ah! Thank you for reminding me to reread this! Speaking of 80s, American Flagg is totally up there with L'Incal (my favorite after All Star Superman) and Akira (the manga, maybe too long for this thread?) as one of my favorite things. And if you want to go way back (late 70s so old), check out Luther Arkwright by Brian Talbot. Totally a big influence on Moore, Gaiman, Morrison, Fraction, everyone amazing!

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Oh yeah, them ol' First Comics were/are excellent. Flagg, and Jon Sable, Freelance especially, and while I most enjoyed Mars, sadly it's not for everybody. I'll come back in a while to recommend some more GNs-- right off the top of my head, Pride of Bagdad, March, Three Shadows, Wandering Island... and for romantic GNs... coming soon...
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

The Rabbi's Cat, Summer of Love (romance), Courney Crumrin, Amelia Rules (series of gn)...
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet