Default Groot vs Chewbacca

You are turned immortal and trapped in a room with both adult Groot and Chewbacca (also immortal now). The only way to leave the room is to use the password that both of them are trying to tell you. First, how long do you think you would be trapped there and, second, if you do ever get out which language did you think you would be able to learn first to escape?

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I would ask Groot to grow some excess twigs and snap them off so he and Chewbacca could spell/draw out the passwords. If I couldn't do this, I would probably be trapped for decades maybe even a century or two as I don't see myself learning either language quickly but given that there nothing else to do I would eventually learn them. I might be able to learn Chewie's language first as it has different roars for different things while Groot's language is based more upon his tone.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Does the password happen to be "I am Groot"? Because if that's the case, I'll probably figure it out within the first month.

"Nod your heads if it begins with 'A'" (repeat with every letter until they nod).
    "Nod your heads if the second letter is an 'A'" (repeat with every letter until they nod).
    And so on.

I'm out within half an hour.