View Poll Results: How do you feel about X-men comics these days, and for the last few years?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, you love major events, you love what they are doing etc...

15 18.29%
  • you don't like it, and you are hoping for major changes

67 81.71%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I didn't get any of the first wave of X books except for the ones with Skottie Young variants (Gold, Blue, Iceman). There were just too many new books releasing all at the same time which was made worse by the double shipping of at least the first two issues and $4.99 #1. Also, several premium priced variants that I collect and the start of the deluge of Secret Empire books too close to ResurrXion. Decided I'll just wait on Marvel Unlimited to read all of them and then buy the trades for the ones I'd like to keep.

Astonishing X-Men #1 was an automatic preorder. I like Soule well enough and it's got Rogue, Gambit and Bishop. No double shipping and few #1s coming out at the same time. At least, not ones I'm interested in and none of the #1s coming out had Skottie Young variants which at 3 books per month was using up my budget for 6 books. Because of that, I had space in the budget despite Secret Empire taking up a good chunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    1. uncanny avengers is nothing without x-men and avengers and the mcu is why marvel has collapsed in sales. they cant claim star wars or blame diversity. the disneyfication of marvel pissed of readers who have been there for 50-70 years.
    Maybe it's just me but it actually seems like the 616 universe looked nothing like the MCU movies for a while there.

Two ongoing Iron Man:
    Dr. Doom
    Riri Williams/Iron Heart and Tony Stark is "dead"/an AI

Thor:
    Jane Foster for a couple years but at least Odinson recently had a mini and is coming back

Two ongoing Hulk:
    Amadeus Cho, not Bruce Banner
    Jennifer Walters, also not Bruce Banner

Only ongoing Hawkeye:
    Kate Bishop, not Clint Barton

Captain America, I'm giving a pass. At least Falcon is familiar to the general public thanks to Anthony Mackie's excellent performance and him taking the Captain America mantle after Steve Rogers retires seems natural. Although, the Hydra!Cap storyline might be hard for the average moviegoer to accept.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 05-20-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja