View Poll Results: How do you feel about X-men comics these days, and for the last few years?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, you love major events, you love what they are doing etc...

    15 18.29%
  • you don't like it, and you are hoping for major changes

    67 81.71%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 144
  1. #1
    Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    planet earth
    Posts
    196

    Default Bored and saddened by the current x-men comics status. :(

    Hi everyone,


    Someone posted a thread recently about Marvel asking what is your favorite x-men book or character that you want to see in the future installments.
    And that made me think about several things that I would to share and discuss with you.

    1) I am reading the X-men blue/ gold and the champions books, but not on regular basis. I agree that few books had promises and are well written but…
    2) I realized that I am annoyed, far beyond annoyed by the O5 in the current timeline. And that the only reason I am reading their books is because this is the only alive versions of jean & cyclops right now… (don’t let me started on the old cyclops disaster ughhh)
    3) I realized that lot of fan favorites are dead or absent. Hopefully they’ll keep the major survivor alive (Storm…)!
    4) I realized that I had a major and serious major event fatigue. I don't even care anymore...
    Which reminded me of a recent Comicbookgirl19 video in which she explains why she’s not buying comics anymore and why the sales are falling. She also discussed the #1 issue strategy, and I miss the original issue numbers to be honest.


    What do you think about all that? Do you think that this is an X-men issue or a general comics problem? The sales aren’t that high, and all this is probably done from an economic perspective… Which is ridiculous.

    I don’t know if there are any major news about changes coming… But I don’t have high expectations when it comes to the future. Each year things are getting worse…

    Link to CBG19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CnTDE2zZU0
    Last edited by forgotten_utopia; 05-20-2017 at 10:36 AM. Reason: link added
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    447

    Default

    This is how the Xbooks ends, not with a bang but with a whimper, pathetically marginalizing all of their surviving characters for yet another tired lame old rethread of the Xmen roster before Rogue joined plus the Original 05 plus the blandest Wolverine-related character ( seriously , even Daken was So bad he was good, blondverine is the very Lovechild of BLAH and MEH ) .

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,100

    Default

    forgotten_utopia:
    What do you think about all that? Do you think that this is an X-men issue or a general comics problem?
    this is general problem with Marvel books right now but they still earn more than few years ago
    The sales aren’t that high, and all this is probably done from an economic perspective… Which is ridiculous.
    that's not true. that mistake. it is very easy to make this mistake.
    Events = more money (that was few years ago) so marvel was creating many events and right now peole are tired of events and they don't work. that's all. marvel needs to change their strategy. It happens often.

    I don’t know if there are any major news about changes coming… But I don’t have high expectations when it comes to the future. Each year things are getting worse…
    1 - No more major events for at least 18 months after Secret Empire
    http://www.newsarama.com/33886-marve...et-empire.html
    2 - some books weren't relaunched (Uncanny Avengers, Old Man Logan, Doctor Strange but they have new creative teams).
    http://www.cbr.com/jim-zub-writer-un...marvel-comics/
    3- There will be legacy renumbering (major titles will return to old numbers
    http://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-leg...sic-numbering/

    Marvel see that there is a problem and they are changing their strategy.

    EDIT some links
    Last edited by Xelossik; 05-20-2017 at 11:02 AM.

  4. #4
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,828

    Default

    I hate the current state of the X-Books. Cyclops, Jean and Madrox are dead. No Emma (at least not regularly). Rogue is in an Avengers book instead of an X-Book. The adult O5 are slowly being replaced by the young O5. Wolverine has been replaced by OML.

    I never thought Marvel would ever butcher their X-Books as much as they have right now.
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boys shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.--Batman

    You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they dont alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.--The Doctor

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I hate the current state of the X-Books. Cyclops, Jean and Madrox are dead. No Emma (at least not regularly). Rogue is in an Avengers book instead of an X-Book. The adult O5 are slowly being replaced by the young O5. Wolverine has been replaced by OML.

    I never thought Marvel would ever butcher their X-Books as much as they have right now.
    Rogue is in Astonishing X-men and in Uncanny Avengers. This is good. This is great. She has 2 issues per month like majority of important X-men.

  6. #6
    BANNED dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,038

    Default

    Well, i have liked some things but hated the rest.

  7. #7
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Rogue is in Astonishing X-men and in Uncanny Avengers. This is good. This is great. She has 2 issues per month like majority of important X-men.
    Has it been confirmed that she is a member and not just in the books for a few issues?
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boys shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.--Batman

    You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they dont alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.--The Doctor

  8. #8
    BANNED dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Has it been confirmed that she is a member and not just in the books for a few issues?
    Well, at least in the third volume, i.e Duggan's Uncanny Avengers, she is one of the main characters.

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Has it been confirmed that she is a member and not just in the books for a few issues?
    Soule wrote on his twitter:
    https://twitter.com/amazingjr87/stat...55552518533120
    Q - How important of a character will Rogue be in your X-Men run?
    Soule - Big

    there is also many articles
    https://news.marvel.com/comics/61191...nishing-x-men/
    Old Man Logan, Archangel, Mystique, Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke and Fantomex. Together, they are the Astonishing X-Men.

    but if Astonishing X-men will have weak sales then this book will be cancelled.

    and to be honest ... You wrote
    Rogue is in an Avengers book instead of an X-Book.
    that's partially true
    book with Rogue, Deadpool, Cable and Quicksilver? This looks like typical X-men book:P
    and writing is great. This is great story and very focused on mutants and their quest to fin Red Skull (who has Xavier powers). Especially issues 13-23.

  10. #10
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I hate the current state of the X-Books. Cyclops, Jean and Madrox are dead. No Emma (at least not regularly). Rogue is in an Avengers book instead of an X-Book. The adult O5 are slowly being replaced by the young O5. Wolverine has been replaced by OML.

    I never thought Marvel would ever butcher their X-Books as much as they have right now.
    Technically X-23 has succeeded Wolverine, as she's got the name and cowl. OML just inherited his power to appear in every friggen' book at the same time and steal the spotlight from other characters.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino

  11. #11
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    book with Rogue, Deadpool, Cable and Quicksilver? This looks like typical X-men book:P
    Except I don't care about Deadpool and Quicksilver. So it really does not feel like an X-Book to me.
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boys shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.--Batman

    You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they dont alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.--The Doctor

  12. #12
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Technically X-23 has succeeded Wolverine, as she's got the name and cowl. OML just inherited his power to appear in every friggen' book at the same time and steal the spotlight from other characters.
    She's succeeded him in name only. OML is Wolverine only older. I want the original tough as nails Wolverine from before his death.
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boys shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.--Batman

    You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they dont alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.--The Doctor

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Except I don't care about Deadpool and Quicksilver. So it really does not feel like an X-Book to me.
    Ok
    I had similar feelings. I didn't care about majority of the team before reading this book. I like them now.

    Even right nowt I am more exicted about Uncanny Avengers than Astonishing X-men by Soule.

  14. #14
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Ok
    I had similar feelings. I didn't care about majority of the team before reading this book. I like them now.

    Even right nowt I am more exicted about Uncanny Avengers than Astonishing X-men by Soule.
    avengers fans should be excited about their ''Uncanny'' avengers comics even if it is half hassed since the other half goes to x-men that disney manipulated. maybe when disney stops blaming diversity of their sales drops and realise they should never have tempered with x-men, they can get some readers excited again/

    Rogue's return is long overdue. she does not belong with the avengers both in comics or movies. the recent astonishing x-men covers is making actual and real fans of x-men hopeful again because rogue and gambit are back. as a couple or not.

  15. #15
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,332

    Default

    The books just got relaunched and the status quo is much better than it was before it. People should stop complaining about literally everything for a while. Yeah some things still suck but it's not a "Everything is terrible, Marvel is doing everything wrong, the X-Men comics are all awful" situation, we have just gone through worse. And it's pretty stupid of you to include "I love major events" on the yes question, like wtf.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •