View Poll Results: How do you feel about X-men comics these days, and for the last few years?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, you love major events, you love what they are doing etc...

15 18.29%
  • you don't like it, and you are hoping for major changes

67 81.71%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by forgotten_utopia View Post
    Hi everyone,

Someone posted a thread recently about Marvel asking what is your favorite x-men book or character that you want to see in the future installments.
    And that made me think about several things that I would to share and discuss with you.

1) I am reading the X-men blue/ gold and the champions books, but not on regular basis. I agree that few books had promises and are well written but…
    2) I realized that I am annoyed, far beyond annoyed by the O5 in the current timeline. And that the only reason I am reading their books is because this is the only alive versions of jean & cyclops right now… (don’t let me started on the old cyclops disaster ughhh)
    3) I realized that lot of fan favorites are dead or absent. Hopefully they’ll keep the major survivor alive (Storm…)!
    4) I realized that I had a major and serious major event fatigue. I don't even care anymore...
    Which reminded me of a recent Comicbookgirl19 video in which she explains why she’s not buying comics anymore and why the sales are falling. She also discussed the #1 issue strategy, and I miss the original issue numbers to be honest.

What do you think about all that? Do you think that this is an X-men issue or a general comics problem? The sales aren’t that high, and all this is probably done from an economic perspective… Which is ridiculous.

I don’t know if there are any major news about changes coming… But I don’t have high expectations when it comes to the future. Each year things are getting worse…

Link to CBG19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CnTDE2zZU0
    I hear ya, its going to take a whole lot, right now I am reading carey's now classic x-men supernovas and having a good time for a Saturday since my Saturdays are usually borring. marvel screwed up x-men because of their hate for fox and they made readers dull....diversity not to blame so it would take a while.

I am liking gold over blue because I dont like the teen cycke and teen jean and will give astonishing x-men a try, I think we need to see more and to be sure disney has nothing to hide because I still don't think they have stopped with their kill off x-men mission. its not an x-men problem, its a disney problem. disney has screwed up marvel. comics, movies, cartoons, games....when will it end.

Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The books just got relaunched and the status quo is much better than it was before it. People should stop complaining about literally everything for a while. Yeah some things still suck but it's not a "Everything is terrible, Marvel is doing everything wrong, the X-Men comics are all awful" situation, we have just gone through worse. And it's pretty stupid of you to include "I love major events" on the yes question, like wtf.
    that's the point... every year we have at least two mega events that will change the marvel universe forever!! now we're having secret empire and you know what? xmen are included and it will change the marvel universe forever...
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    forgotten_utopia:

1 - No more major events for at least 18 months after Secret Empire
    http://www.newsarama.com/33886-marve...et-empire.html
    2 - some books weren't relaunched (Uncanny Avengers, Old Man Logan, Doctor Strange but they have new creative teams).
    http://www.cbr.com/jim-zub-writer-un...marvel-comics/
    3- There will be legacy renumbering (major titles will return to old numbers
    http://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-leg...sic-numbering/

Marvel see that there is a problem and they are changing their strategy.

EDIT some links
    Good news! Thanks for your response and for the links.
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

Wow. CompleX 2.0 is looking pretty bright so far.
    Last edited by Tycon; 05-20-2017 at 12:45 PM. Reason: forgot to put a capital "X". how daft of me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    avengers fans should be excited about their ''Uncanny'' avengers comics even if it is half hassed since the other half goes to x-men that disney manipulated. maybe when disney stops blaming diversity of their sales drops and realise they should never have tempered with x-men, they can get some readers excited again/

Rogue's return is long overdue. she does not belong with the avengers both in comics or movies. the recent astonishing x-men covers is making actual and real fans of x-men hopeful again because rogue and gambit are back. as a couple or not.
    That's why people here pick Uncanny Avengers as second bedt X-men books?
    maybe when disney stops blaming diversity of their sales drops
    read article instead of only clickbait title
    Rogue's return is long overdue. she does not belong with the avengers both in comics or movies. the recent astonishing x-men covers is making actual and real fans of x-men hopeful again because rogue and gambit are back. as a couple or not.
    We will see. Your favorite Bryan Singer thinks differently. You should also think differently because their relationship in X TAS was for fun.

I am reading carey's now classic x-men supernovas and having a good time for a Saturday since my Saturdays are usually borring. marvel screwed up x-men because of their hate for fox
    This story was created by Marvel. Are You really sure that You should read this?

BANNED

Good news! Thanks for your response and for the links.
    You are welcome. Marvel really tries to be better. So I try to be optimistic.
    Obviously i also had few great comics even in ANAD.
    but I may complain for Fox because more Magneto and Mystique means the same mistakes for me
    while loving Deadpool and Logan

that's the point... every year we have at least two mega events that will change the marvel universe forever!! now we're having secret empire and you know what? xmen are included and it will change the marvel universe forever...
    The X-Men, at least the ones from the current books are not directly involved on Secret Empire. The tie-ins seems like they are all gonna be loose tie-ins with not that much significance to the main story, it's not anything like Inhumans vs X-Men that really affects the line. Also AFAIK not all books are gonna tie-in, only the two flagships, starting from issue #7 only, that are double-shipping and so not gonna spend THAT much time with SE.

TLDR: As of now it makes no sense to say the current X-Books are bad because of events.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The X-Men, at least the ones from the current books are not directly involved on Secret Empire. The tie-ins seems like they are all gonna be loose tie-ins with not that much significance to the main story, it's not anything like Inhumans vs X-Men that really affects the line. Also AFAIK not all books are gonna tie-in, only the two flagships, starting from issue #7 only, that are double-shipping and so not gonna spend THAT much time with SE.

TLDR: As of now it makes no sense to say the current X-Books are bad because of events.
    Don't forget that Storm, Rogue and Wolverine are on the cover of the last issue. They will be very important in this event. (yes that was a irony)
    SECRET_EMPIRE_10.jpg

We will see. Your favorite Bryan Singer thinks differently. You should also think differently because their relationship in X TAS was for fun.

This story was created by Marvel. Are You really sure that You should read this?
    Well, the volumes written by Rememder were an Avengers book that DisMarvel tried to sold as a X-book.

You are welcome. Marvel really tries to be better. So I try to be optimistic.
    Obviously i also had few great comics even in ANAD.
    but I may complain for Fox because more Magneto and Mystique means the same mistakes for me
    while loving Deadpool and Logan
    Yeah right, we will see if DisMarvel is really changing its tone regarding the X-men.

And FOX tries to be better as well; at least as much as DisMarvel.

Astonishing Member

Other then the o5 staying around and the oversatuation of old man logan I really dont have a problem. Hopefully generations leads to Laura no longer having to be second to her usurper old man logan.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Hi everyone,

Someone posted a thread recently about Marvel asking what is your favorite x-men book or character that you want to see in the future installments.
    And that made me think about several things that I would to share and discuss with you.

1) I am reading the X-men blue/ gold and the champions books, but not on regular basis. I agree that few books had promises and are well written but…
    2) I realized that I am annoyed, far beyond annoyed by the O5 in the current timeline. And that the only reason I am reading their books is because this is the only alive versions of jean & cyclops right now… (don’t let me started on the old cyclops disaster ughhh)
    3) I realized that lot of fan favorites are dead or absent. Hopefully they’ll keep the major survivor alive (Storm…)!
    4) I realized that I had a major and serious major event fatigue. I don't even care anymore...
    Which reminded me of a recent Comicbookgirl19 video in which she explains why she’s not buying comics anymore and why the sales are falling. She also discussed the #1 issue strategy, and I miss the original issue numbers to be honest.

What do you think about all that? Do you think that this is an X-men issue or a general comics problem? The sales aren’t that high, and all this is probably done from an economic perspective… Which is ridiculous.

I don’t know if there are any major news about changes coming… But I don’t have high expectations when it comes to the future. Each year things are getting worse…

Link to CBG19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CnTDE2zZU0
    The point about relaunches and too many disruptive events has nothing to do with X-Men books in particular. THis is a general comic book industry thing.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

1. uncanny avengers is nothing without x-men and avengers and the mcu is why marvel has collapsed in sales. they cant claim star wars or blame diversity. the disneyfication of marvel pissed of readers who have been there for 50-70 years.

2. ah, Supernovas, one of the more classic story lines mcu will ever dream of having but will never have. the story was in 2006 before all the marvel/disney nonsense. The old marvel created the story not the new mcu marvel that has managed to embarrasses themselves with their comics decline blame on diversity, horrible cartoons, bad video games and generic movies.

3. I don't have a favourite anything Singer, Mangold, Mather Vaughn, Nolan have made some of my favourites cbms it only gets better when they all say the things I say about the cbms I dislike.

It's still early, so we have to see, but right now I really don't have much faith in what they're doing. Dumping nostalgia on X-books doesn't solve any problems.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    1. uncanny avengers is nothing without x-men and avengers and the mcu is why marvel has collapsed in sales. they cant claim star wars or blame diversity. the disneyfication of marvel pissed of readers who have been there for 50-70 years.
    i didn't know that earning more money means collapsed in sales.

3. I don't have a favourite anything Singer, Mangold, Mather Vaughn, Nolan have made some of my favourites cbms it only gets better when they all say the things I say about the cbms I dislike.
    i still wait for link where director of deadpool says that mcu is bad.
    but You should read Your articles more carefully. You made many mistakes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, the volumes written by Rememder were an Avengers book that DisMarvel tried to sold as a X-book.

Yeah right, we will see if DisMarvel is really changing its tone regarding the X-men.

And FOX tries to be better as well; at least as much as DisMarvel.

true, I dont think DisMarvel is not changing the tone. I think DisMarvel are more in control damage mode since they realised they cannot get rid of such an iconic marvel property like the x-men. Dismarvel were forced to start playing nicely...a bit, because their desire to kill off x-men was killing the authentic marvel.