View Poll Results: How do you feel about X-men comics these days, and for the last few years?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, you love major events, you love what they are doing etc...

15 18.29%
  • you don't like it, and you are hoping for major changes

67 81.71%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, the volumes written by Rememder were an Avengers book that DisMarvel tried to sold as a X-book.
    That was many years later.

Yeah right, we will see if DisMarvel is really changing its tone regarding the X-men.
    I doubt. We will have better books than ANAD books and less major events but marvel will care more about Avengers than x-men.
    And FOX tries to be better as well; at least as much as DisMarvel.
    With Magneto or Mystique? They will be better
    other movies look better but dark phoenix? terrible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    i didn't know that earning more money means collapsed in sales.

i still wait for link where director of deadpool says that mcu is bad.
    but You should read Your articles more carefully. You made many mistakes.
    http://nerdist.com/marvel-diversity-...gabriel-wrong/

1.poor marvel huh? blaming minorities for the sales decline. who do they blame for their mediocre cartoons? fan of x-men tas or x-men evoultion? or is it DC animated studios? who will Dismarvel blame when the AA Avengers game turns out mediocre compared to Injustice 2.

2. http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1621...-to-the-writer.

title : ''How Deadpool Pushed Back Against The MCU, According To The Writer;;

''Let's do something Marvel and Disney can't do... It really feels like an apple among oranges with big studio movies. I think that contributed to its success'' .

You also know what marvel and disney cant do?

X-Men
    X2
    DOFP
    First Class
    Logan
    The Wolverine.
    Batman Begins
    The Dark Knight
    The Dark Knight Rises
    Watchmen
    The Crow
    V for Vendetta
    Man of Steel
    Batman Returns.
    Road to Perdition.
    Kick Ass
    The Kingsmen: Secret Service
    Hell Boy 1
    Hell Boy 2

let the media keep spreading false proganda that mcu movies are the gold standard for comic books. not even close.

BANNED

Selina:
    1.poor marvel huh? blaming minorities for the sales decline.
    “What we heard was that people didn’t want any more diversity. They didn’t want female characters out there. That’s what we heard, whether we believe that or not. I don’t know that that’s really true, but that’s what we saw in sales.

title : ''How Deadpool Pushed Back Against The MCU, According To The Writer;;
    He said that Deadpool was different than other big studio movies. Not only marvel/disney but fox also.

and this movie full of jokes, comedy and with cartoonish characters beat all X-men movies

let the media keep spreading false proganda that mcu movies are the gold standard for comic books. not even close.
    but media also praise Deadpool Logan or Dark Knight. They are not biased.
    You also will have a lot of troubles with finding articles that put Thor movies or Iron Man 2 above best X-men movies...

where is this bias?

BANNED

Ok, seriously, can we have a conversation around here that Selina DOESN'T drag into an MCU vs Fox slap fight?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Ok, seriously, can we have a conversation around here that Selina DOESN'T drag into an MCU vs Fox slap fight?
    Ok I promise You that from this moment i will ignore Selina ok?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's not Selina's fault, she is very passionate but there are way too many Disney zombies everywhere it just aggravates those of us who like X-Men. The only reason she gets into like 15 page back and forth debates all the time is people go nuts when she says things which are more or less true.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    It's not Selina's fault, she is very passionate but there are way too many Disney zombies everywhere it just aggravates those of us who like X-Men. The only reason she gets into like 15 page back and forth debates all the time is people go nuts when she says things which are more or less true.
    Obviously that's not only her fault.
    but she doesn't try to talk and starts with insulting other people.
    She doesn't try to prove that XCU is better but she tries to prove that mcu sucks.

look at this thread:
    http://community.comicbookresources....-preview/page3
    look at first Selina post (37)
    yawn about this coming. marvel was pathetic with this comic from day one. funny people think this comic sells . I wonder if it would have sold so well if the uncanny term was removed.
    and there is many more threads like this.

the only zombie here? Selina.

the x-books are better than they have been, but i hate the o5 and want them gone. i want cyclops back, none of this garbage teenclops. gold is fine for the most part. marvel really needs to get back to using their main x-characters and not cheap knockoffs

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    The problem is that her main argument in that the X-men movie are for grown ups and the MCU are for kids, and that's the reason the MCU sucks because having you target demographic being kids automatically makes your product inferior, which is a stupid argument. The X-men cartoon from the 90s wsa targeted at kids, did it suck because of that? I don't think so. It was great and it got many people into the X-men comics.

Anyways I do think the XCU gets an insane amount of hate and the MCU has its problem too. That girl from the video COmicbookgirl19 shits on the X-men movies like no one else for example and praise the MCU so damn much.

Personally I find that this is the best the X-Books have been in years. Most of post AvX X-Men just felt like nothing was happening and post-Secret Wars was just them spinning their wheels til IvX. With this relaunch, the X -Books have actually been fun and optimistic and I look forward to each new issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Personally I find that this is the best the X-Books have been in years. Most of post AvX X-Men just felt like nothing was happening and post-Secret Wars was just them spinning their wheels til IvX. With this relaunch, the X -Books have actually been fun and optimistic and I look forward to each new issue.
    Yep true, nothing happened in Bendis run and the post Secret War relaunch was even worse than that, with the shitty terrigen storyline, So I guess OP should get the idea that the RessurreXion books is the best thing that happened to the X-books in A WHILE.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i have liked some things but hated the rest.
    Yes.

I like the presence of the O5, but the last few years worth of X-stories—except those of Cullen Bunn—have not enthused me very much.

Bunn's Magneto and Uncanny were, I thought, really solid reads.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Yes.

I like the presence of the O5, but the last few years worth of X-stories—except those of Cullen Bunn—have not enthused me very much.

Bunn's Magneto and Uncanny were, I thought, really solid reads.
    And even those were cut by events and relaunches. Magneto with Axis and Secret Wars and Uncanny with Apocalypse Wars and IvX, they really need to stop with this madness of events and relauches. Let's hope they keep their promise to do it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Selina:

“What we heard was that people didn’t want any more diversity. They didn’t want female characters out there. That’s what we heard, whether we believe that or not. I don’t know that that’s really true, but that’s what we saw in sales.

He said that Deadpool was different than other big studio movies. Not only marvel/disney but fox also.

and this movie full of jokes, comedy and with cartoonish characters beat all X-men movies

but media also praise Deadpool Logan or Dark Knight. They are not biased.
    You also will have a lot of troubles with finding articles that put Thor movies or Iron Man 2 above best X-men movies...

where is this bias?
    diversity is not to blame, marvel collapsed when their comics got disneyfied.

nah, I don't see fox but nice try though, the writer said. lets do something marvel and disney cant do.

Fox made Deadpool in the end even though they resisted a bit because they had seen nothing like it. Deadpool is a fox movie. fact. if fox did not green light it, there wont be any deadpool. Deadpool is a legit comedy, mcu is not. sure DP beat all the x-men movies thanks to the superb marketing but do they beat the x-men movies in Quality?. how many thinks deadpool is the best x-men film?

DISCUSSED ALREADY

http://community.comicbookresources....t-X-Men-movies

you forgot that the media also praised X-Men, X2, First Class and DOFP for been everything you keep denying they are not because mcu movies are seen as shallow with little story telling while x-men movies are not viewed that away. the bias is there because the mediocre x-men movies don't get a pass from critics and x-men movies are judged with a tougher stick
    Last edited by Selina; 05-20-2017 at 04:29 PM.

BANNED

Not enough Rogue, Lorna, Surge, Uniscione, Nate Grey, and Psylocke for my tastes.

I have no desire to see Emma pushed hard and don't need another damn Wolverine around.

Love the returns of Princess Lorna, Miss Sinister, and the Magneto Agenda.

Psylocke needs her own book and needs to be confronted by Rogue.