View Poll Results: How do you feel about X-men comics these days, and for the last few years?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, you love major events, you love what they are doing etc...

15 18.29%
  • you don't like it, and you are hoping for major changes

67 81.71%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

These days the books are remarkably thinned.

There are three Xbooks (currently) Gold, Blue, & GenX. But there are a HUGE number of Xmen that aren't even being used/shown. There used to be at least 5-6 books in rotation.

The mega-needless crossovers need to stop because they accomplish nothing. The costs are too high for very little story/dialogue/bad art.

It's just continuing to get worse and worse. Marvel keeps "relaunching" the brand and it just needs to stop.

Amazing Member

I want to get in on this thread again with what would be, in my opinion, a true RessurXion.

Cancel all the current X-titles, solos and team titles. Start anew with an Uncanny X-Men book, have a team of maybe 5-8 X-men. Have this be the ONLY X-title for maybe, 3 years. Have one writer that stays on for more than a year or two (my pick would probably be Cullen Bunn). Have it contain big, explosive, meaningful stories as well as smaller, more character-driven, meaningful ones. Use this title to introduce new mutant characters, as well as reintroduce if you will, old ones. Give the old and new characters/teams guest-starring story arcs and (re)build up the mutant side of the MU here. Avoid big crossovers and events, but include stories that involve the Avengers and other, non-mutant teams. Then maybe after a few years launch new team books and solo books.

Make this core, Uncanny team diverse, international and lead by a senior memeber, my pick would be Storm. Have two or three of the O5 in this team, just... split them up already.
    Last edited by EcoBatman; 05-22-2017 at 07:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    These days the books are remarkably thinned.

There are three Xbooks (currently) Gold, Blue, & GenX. But there are a HUGE number of Xmen that aren't even being used/shown. There used to be at least 5-6 books in rotation.

The mega-needless crossovers need to stop because they accomplish nothing. The costs are too high for very little story/dialogue/bad art.

It's just continuing to get worse and worse. Marvel keeps "relaunching" the brand and it just needs to stop.
    what about Weapon X this is 4th book and we will have Astonishng. 5 books vs 5-6 books? Not terrible especially when You remember than some X-men are in different books (Rogue, Cyclops, Storm Sunspot, Cannonball).

agree with events.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    what about Weapon X this is 4th book and we will have Astonishng. 5 books vs 5-6 books? Not terrible especially when You remember than some X-men are in different books (Rogue, Cyclops, Storm Sunspot, Cannonball).

agree with events.
    Poor cannonball and sunspot they seemingly are getting killed off during secret empire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Honestly it's hard to tell if the people who don't like Bobby drake being gay are homophobic or if they genuinely and honestly don't like the retcon.

Personally my dislike of it is that it was sudden and didn't make sense especially with how recently at the time he was briefly in a relationship with Katherine pryde/kitty pryde.

he never showed signs he was gay. frankly I preferred bobby and lorna to havok and lorna so the gay thing came out of no where, and another reason not to invest in teen jean, teen cyke and all the teen stuff. the teen characters are not working for me.

BANNED

Poor cannonball and sunspot they seemingly are getting killed off during secret empire.
    Yeah there is possibility.
    but
    We will see if this is true. Dying doesn't mean dead.

and Storm will leave Black Panther and The Crew.

but for last few years there are always some X-men in different teams.

I'll believe when I see some bodies. MIA in Marvel basically means alive, so I doubt Cannonball's dead, and after all the spy stuff Roberto's pulled (including already faking his death once) I can't see him getting killed by a random AIM agent.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by EcoBatman View Post
    I want to get in on this thread again with what would be, in my opinion, a true RessurXion.

Cancel all the current X-titles, solos and team titles. Start anew with an Uncanny X-Men book, have a team of maybe 5-8 X-men. Have one writer that stays on for more than a year or two (my pick would probably be Cullen Bunn). Have it contain big, explosive, meaningful stories as well as smaller, more character-driven, meaningful ones.
    I have to agree that the best way to get things back on track. Restart all the books, get someone on who plans to be there for a umber of years, so there's some consistency. Start small, get a solid base, then start expanding once things are going in the right direction. Avoid crossovers or events so that the books don't get detailed immediately. 2-3 team books, 1-2 solos. Make sure that characters are only in one book at a time (none of this wolverine/OML crap). Stop throwing half baked ideas at the wall or only have books for three stories before you're done.

Unfortunately I doubt it would happen. It's more profitable to keep 12 mediocre x-books permanently than to try and rebuild slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I'm of the belief that the xmen started to go downhill when the powers that be decided to eliminate the team/family dynamic from the books and replace it with the x-army concept.
    I can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Elevating one character at the expense of a whole franchise was bound to have repercussions. If you were not a Cyclops fan or to a lesser extent a Emma fan then you were not as invested in the x-universe as much because your favorites were sideline or character assassinated
    I was really never a fan of both but I sympathize for readers who are and I wasn't blind to how they were treated.
    As soon as I felt that my favorite character was sidelined (and in my opinion, I feel like he's not the same character that I used to love reading about) I invested less in x-titles to the point that I stopped buying for a few years.
    I'm hoping Resurrection will change that. I still have hope.

The only thing that's really annoying me are the 05 and OML. I like his character but I feel he's everywhere at the moment.
    Pull List: Angel Season 11, Astonishing X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, X-Men Blue, X-Men Gold, Secret Warriors Super Sons, Teen Titans

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I have to agree that the best way to get things back on track. Restart all the books, get someone on who plans to be there for a umber of years, so there's some consistency. Start small, get a solid base, then start expanding once things are going in the right direction. Avoid crossovers or events so that the books don't get detailed immediately. 2-3 team books, 1-2 solos. Make sure that characters are only in one book at a time (none of this wolverine/OML crap). Stop throwing half baked ideas at the wall or only have books for three stories before you're done.

Unfortunately I doubt it would happen. It's more profitable to keep 12 mediocre x-books permanently than to try and rebuild slowly.
    I edited my post to clarify what I meant. What I meant was, have Uncanny X-Men be the only book. That's right, just have one title. Then use this as a means to launch new books with other teams by having other teams guest star in story arcs that invovle them. An example would be the Doom/Arcade story done by Claremont where he had two teams in two different places working towards the same goal.

But you're right. I doubt something like this would happen, it's more profitable after all, to have more books. Also, yeah, straighten out stuff like OML/Wolverine. Have them merge or something in OML body or something. Bring back Adult Cyclops with the Phoenix force or something, then maybe send the O5 back to their timeline. It would actually be interesting to see the O5 go back to their timeline where they have been gone for a number of years. The storytelling potential there is quite great. But I suspect Secret Wars erased their timeline altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I'll believe when I see some bodies. MIA in Marvel basically means alive, so I doubt Cannonball's dead, and after all the spy stuff Roberto's pulled (including already faking his death once) I can't see him getting killed by a random AIM agent.
    I would say keep reading u.s.avengers if you want to see if either of them die it's a really great tie in arc so far.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 05-22-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Yeah there is possibility.
    but
    We will see if this is true. Dying doesn't mean dead.

and Storm will leave Black Panther and The Crew.

but for last few years there are always some X-men in different teams.
    All will be revealed as the u.s.avengers secret empire tie in arc progresses it's really good so far.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Like said by others before, many of the complaints are not applicable anymore.

There will no crossovers for 18 months. There will not start new #1 numbering and ResuruXion has JUST started, so lets give it a change.

I must admit I find the tone negative and think we should not look at the past, but look forward.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Like said by others before, many of the complaints are not applicable anymore.

There will no crossovers for 18 months. There will not start new #1 numbering and ResuruXion has JUST started, so lets give it a change.
    Actually, nope, they never said no crossovers. Just no major events. I'll believe that when I see it.

Guessing Blue and Gold will also get legacy renumbering so instead of a new #1, it'll be in the hundreds.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Astonishing Member

No Alex or Maddy in any ongoings, color me bored, I am buying but about to drop Weapon X and the only new X title that gives me hope is Astonishing but that might just be because it hasn't come out yet and hope springs eternal but of all the books out now I am feel 'meh' at best and really don't like in general.