View Poll Results: Which Of These X-Men Do You Like More?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Madelyn Pryor

43 53.75%
  • Selene

37 46.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Weekly Poll 5-13-17 - Which Of These X-Men Do You Like More?

Please, read this before commenting:

*For future reference, keep in mind that although these polls are called "X-Men", it doesn't necessarily mean the characters will have been a member of any X-Men team. They just have to be a mutant or have been on a mutant team. Some polls will feature an X-Man/Woman vs a villain or an X-Man/Woman vs another mutant who has never been on an X-Men team. Thank you*

Last week's polls results were Polaris receiving 56 votes, beating Havok, who received 25 votes.

Thank you for participating in last week's poll. Please vote in this one:

Madelyne Pryor

VS

Selene

Last edited by The Whovian; 05-20-2017 at 02:11 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

It's Madelyne with an E btw.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Selene is ok but a little too villainous, at least Maddy is a quasi heroic character and way more important to the overall X-mythos.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's Madelyne with an E btw.
    Yeah, sorry about that. That's what happens when you try to do two things at once.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Maddie!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

We never got a resolution to where they went after they were brought back to life. Id like to think they founded there own version of the hell fire club. Hope we see them again soon.

I liked Maddie's classical use in Claremont's run, but I have no further use for the character(as far as I was concerned she died in Inferno, then end). Selene is amazing and full of untapped potential.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Maddie of course! Sure, Selene resurrected a bunch of dead mutants, but she only really attacked the X-Men. Maddie practically raised hell in Manhattan. That is no small feat. She is a much better character.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

I like Selene, but I like Maddie more, mostly because of Inferno.

Ultimate Member

I love how Selene's mutant power, to absorb life-energy and use it to empower herself, or project it into inanimate material to animate it, is so versatile. Nova Roma was an amazing place. And she's so old, she could easily be tied to other older characters (like Thor, Hercules, the Eternals, etc.) or events (Invaders-era WW2, etc.). She's got an amazing amount of versatility.

I liked Maddie originally, and as Anodyne, in an old X-Men annual, but once she got dumped and turned into an evil demon-summoning Jean-clone with unsexy underboob, I lost interest.

Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar

I like Madelyne Pryor.
    BUT

I prefer Selene. I think that she got more potential and I think she's underrated and underused.
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

BANNED

I prefer Selene by a mile. Pryor was great in Inferno, but she was ruined when they ressurected her in X-Man and hasn't been much ever since. I don't think there is really much left to do with the character while there are tons of stories that could be told with Selene. I honestly believe that Shadow King, Selene, and Apocalypse could be developed into the main X-Men baddies like how Magneto was in the 80s. However, in this case, it would not require writing down strategic members of the team to prop up these guys to make them a massive threat like Marvel had to write down the X-Men in order to blow Magneto out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    I like Selene, but I like Maddie more, mostly because of Inferno.
    I think this is the biggest reason why fans like her. It seems that this story is the one that's mostly referenced in her history.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I honestly believe that Shadow King, Selene, and Apocalypse could be developed into the main X-Men baddies like how Magneto was in the 80s.
    While I agree with that, the X-writers have a tendency to make heroes (or at least anti-heroes) out of any villain they spend any real energy developing. Magneto, Emma, Shaw, Mystique, etc. I'd want Selene to remain 100% villain, without any gray areas. Selene could work in a way similar to Sinister, Apocalypse, or, ideally, how the Dark Beast could have been used, less as a direct threat that gets in fist-fights with X-teams, and more as a source of other threats (like the Marauders, Horsemen, Nasty Boys, Dark Riders, Morlocks, etc.), as it was established in her first appearance that she's been on and off recruiting mutants and 'infecting' them with her own quasi-vampiric mutant powers (as she intended to do with Amara) for centuries, so that she could end up digging up some immortal mutant quasi-vampires and pointing them at the X-folk, without getting her hands dirty.

BANNED

I voted for Selene cos she is her own character. Maddy for me is just another Jean Grey clone