Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Do you think we will ever see Peter's sister Teresa Parker ever again?

Teresa Parker the CIA agent and hidden daughter of the Parkers, first and only appearance was in the OGN titled Spider-man family business it is stated here it is in continuity:

http://www.cbr.com/c2e2-superior-ama...pider-man/amp/

Do you think we will ever see her again, does anyone even want her back? I personally would love to see this continued as a sibling within the CIA who knows your identity could be a fun avenue to go down more with peter. As we really haven't heard any mention of his parents memory really either in a while.

I doubt it.

Waid doesn't seem concerned about following it up, nor anyone else for that matter, and I don't think the GN was received well enough to warrant a continuation of that storyline.

BANNED

Probably...someday, when a writer decides to follow that up with something good.

BANNED

Been quite some time since I read the OGN, was Teresa actually confirmed to be his sister?

I do think it could be an interesting angle to be followed up on sometime down the road.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Been quite some time since I read the OGN, was Teresa actually confirmed to be his sister?

I do think it could be an interesting angle to be followed up on sometime down the road.
    It was left ambiguous whether she was or wasn't. Within the story, the characters directly involved concluded she wasn't, but then at the very end, there was a flashback with Richard and Mary that looked a lot like they were about to have a second child. There could be confirmation at a later date, assuming Mark Waid and/or James Robinson (Waid's co-writer) had enough in the tank for a follow-up OGN.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I don't think she will be brought back.

In hindsight it was an interesting idea, that ultimately was poorly executed and didn't amount to much.
    That said, the door's open for any writer to tell more stories from it.

God no, anything that references that terrible CIA parents angle should be forgotten. And yes I know Stan wrote it. It was still a terrible idea that led to the even more terrible "parents with stretching robot arms" crap later.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

FAMILY BUSINESS was a great read, and I'd definitely be up for seeing it revisited (preferably by Waid and Robinson).

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Nah, the only possible sister of Peter Parker I want to see again is Pity from the "Sinister Six" novels.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    Nah, the only possible sister of Peter Parker I want to see again is Pity from the "Sinister Six" novels.
    I remember her. I actually got the second novel, and hell, if they could incorporate the Gentleman into the Amazing Spider-Man films, they can do something for Pity, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It seems unlikely, but it's possible.

On the one hand, it's not an important story and it ties into something many writers/ editors don't cate for (Peter's parents being so significant.) Writers might also be worried about stepping on Mark Waid or James Robertson's toes.

However, it's an open plot point in a story by an impressive creative team that is likely to remain in print, and gives any interested writer a new story engine, as well as a victory that doesn't involve professional or romantic success.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

How did she stay hidden for so long in-universe? Was she a long-lost sibling?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    How did she stay hidden for so long in-universe? Was she a long-lost sibling?
    She appeared in the Family Business graphic novel, but I guess Dan Slott and any other writer of Spider Man just didn't feel the need to introduce her. Glad she's back. I enjoyed Family Business. One of the very few post 2007 Spider Man stories I liked. However spoilers:
    Kubert has drawn her really bad for she looks old or like her face is on drugs or something.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I doubt it.

Waid doesn't seem concerned about following it up, nor anyone else for that matter, and I don't think the GN was received well enough to warrant a continuation of that storyline.
    Apparently you're wrong. I bet CBR already knew about spoilers:
    Spectacular #1's ending when they posted that article in the OP here last month.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

I didn't know my wish would come true so soon... this is amazing