Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Default *nods to choptop* Dormammu vs. Exitar

Since choptop's 'Dormammu vs. Ego' thread was about movie Dormammu vs. a movie Celestial, I was interested in seeing how people thought the comics version would go. Except in the comics Ego isn't a Celestial, so I'm using Exitar instead.

Yeah, I know Dormammu is generally placed at about Odin level, IIRC, and Odin tends to lose to Celestials. But comments in the other thread make me wonder if Dormy is considered to have feats capable of taking one down.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Dormammu seems to THINK he has the stuff to take on Celestials, plural, but it's the Dorm, he has a rather healthy ego. This is the guy that, when pissed off, thought it was a good idea to take on Eternity.

Can he shake entire dimensions by throwing a temper tantrum? Sure.

Can he twist entire dimensions - including the Earth one - into Dark Dimensions? Sure.

At the height of his power, does he treat Classic Strange like an annoyance, someone powerful enough to get in his way and slow him down for a bit but nothing more? Yep.

Is he presented as Odin's opposite in the chess game of Order and Chaos (waaaaay back in the day)? You bet.

Could he take on a Celestial, based on what we see happens to Odin back in the day when being Odin meant something?

Well, that's where we need to start getting into feats.

Furnace Face's valid* fights against Strange tend to start him off either massively weakened or toying with Strange. It means it's pretty hard to gauge him at full power. Personally, I think based on the Odin fights that the Dorm is mainlining his own ego when he talks about taking out the Celestials. Either that, or he has a way of getting around their power by messing up the laws of reality over time, THEN taking them on (ie, basically turning the place into a Dark Dimension or something, which does...I don't know, but it screws with them).

In any case, straight-up confrontation I'm not sure how he defeats a being who can take it to Odin when Odin is in the Destroyer armor and waving around the Odinsword. Unless we take his confrontation with Eternity at face value, where Furnace Face actually SEEMS to manage to hurt Eternity, maybe even KO him for a while (which, sadly for the Dorm, doesn't go well for him, either).

Eternity later states that no, he was just foolin', but...that could Eternity being a bit of a dick (in the Dr. Strange comics, he can be that).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

* forgot this in the post and for whatever reason cannot seem to edit at work, but there have been stupid fights with Stephen versus Furnace Face where he treats Dormammu like a joke...which is just not on, really.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

yay i got a nod! for the first time in over 10 yers iv been on CBR!!