Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheRedHood View Post
    Wrath is back. I like how the depict him as an anti batman but I wish they would've focused on his skills and less on his technological superiority and more on his skill old wrath could match batman hand to hand in various martial arts I hope we see that now seeing as how he lost his company.

Steph will come around eventually but this will still be fun to read.
    The only problem with that is that Steph, at her best, never could take Bruce or Cass-level hand to hand. How would she stop someone fist for fist on that level?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The only problem with that is that Steph, at her best, never could take Bruce or Cass-level hand to hand. How would she stop someone fist for fist on that level?
    Batman Himself has beaten many people he could never take hand to hand either but everything depends on the scenario and how its written. I don't actually think steph is gonna be wrath though anything is possible but I think shes gonna face him probably get on his nerves but I think batman is gonna clean this one up.
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

BANNED

With a collection of unique batarangs, (Maybe having been built with help from Harper in this continuity?), smoke bombs, and ungodly levels of spunk maybe?

Well, Steph's developed strong Button Fu as well as a keen grasp of psychology these days...at least, according to Night of the Monster Men and The Victim Syndicate...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Wow.

So now Steph is actively aiding and abetting Gotham's criminals in committing and getting away with their crimes now. She is actively hindering Batman in is ability to save lives and stop criminals that the police are known to be utterly powerless against.

Yep. Back to pretending this book doesn't exist for me.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Wow.

So now Steph is actively aiding and abetting Gotham's criminals in committing and getting away with their crimes now. She is actively hindering Batman in is ability to save lives and stop criminals that the police are known to be utterly powerless against.

Yep. Back to pretending this book doesn't exist for me.
    ...dude, she wants to prevent escalation, not let criminals get away with anything.

...dude, she wants to prevent escalation, not let criminals get away with anything.
    The GCPD doesn't light up the Bat Signal for purse snatchers. They light it when there's a crime they are utterly incapable of handling themselves. If she's preventing Batman from quickly responding to such crimes, then she is definitely aiding and abetting.

If even one person dies in any of these crimes, then that person's blood is on her hands.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

The GCPD doesn't light up the Bat Signal for purse snatchers. They light it when there's a crime they are utterly incapable of handling themselves. If she's preventing Batman from quickly responding to such crimes, then she is definitely aiding and abetting.

If even one person dies in any of these crimes, then that person's blood is on her hands.
    She's responding herself.

The level of kneejerk response to this plotline is...a thing.

I'm actually interested in this plot line. I think Steph may be too emotional but she suffered a recent loss so it's quite understandable.

BANNED

I do believe I called it.

Right. So her idea of "preventing escalation" is "Instead of letting the highly experienced superhero deal with the problem, I, a young, inexperienced, and not-nearly-as-well-equipped superhero, will deal with the problem instead."

Genius.

So Steph is not only a hypocrite but an idiot as well now.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I'm actually interested in this plot line. I think Steph may be too emotional but she suffered a recent loss so it's quite understandable.
    Agreed. I don't think Steph is right - but I also don't think she's a villain, or on the villains' side.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I do believe I called it.
    You did. After last issue, I should have known better, but I hoped. It's my girl's primary characteristic, after all!

Right. So her idea of "preventing escalation" is "Instead of letting the highly experienced superhero deal with the problem, I, a young, inexperienced, and not-nearly-as-well-equipped superhero, will deal with the problem instead."

Genius.

So Steph is not only a hypocrite but an idiot as well now.
    See above: Steph is wrong because she's grieving and has a tormented history with Batman, but she's not on the side of evil, and she's also not incompetent (acknowledged by Batman himself several times).

An analogy - if you only have a hammer, then every problem starts to look like a nail. If you only have a Batman, then every problem starts to look like a Bat-crime.

I think Steph would work better by stepping up to Tim's place and helping Bruce see a different way in some cases, but it's completely plausible that she can't see that path. And I don't think that makes her evil or stupid, just human.

BANNED

And if written by a sensible writer with an iota of self awareness I'd be onboard with the concept.

A sensible writer would have used a low level villain to prove his point. Either that or he would have had Steph eat humble pie against a villain as deadly as Wrath.
    Tynion will just have her win and save the day, effectively showing that Steph is more effective than Batman. Then there will a 10 page debate with this books supporters insisting that it does not degrade Batman at all.
    A proper instrospective look is welcome, an underdog going up against someone way beyond their pay grade is also welcome with awareness
    What will happen is that genius crime busting hacker Steph will beat the villain and become even more of a troll because Batman sux.

See above: Steph is wrong because she's grieving and has a tormented history with Batman, but she's not on the side of evil, and she's also not incompetent (acknowledged by Batman himself several times).
    If she thinks she can handle the kind of crimes Batman handles all by herself, then she's stupid, incompetent, and delusional.

And if it only took losing her boyfriend of......what? A month or two? To bring about this mental deficiency, then that's not a good argument for her mental state at all.

An analogy - if you only have a hammer, then every problem starts to look like a nail. If you only have a Batman, then every problem starts to look like a Bat-crime.
    But you DON'T only have Batman. He has one of the largest teams of superheroes in comics at his disposal, and he can even call in more powerful heroes should the need arise.

What's Steph got? A ton of angst and a delusion that she can do a better job stopping deranged mass murderers than the guy who makes said deranged mass murderers wet themselves at the mere thought of him?

I think Steph would work better by stepping up to Tim's place and helping Bruce see a different way in some cases, but it's completely plausible that she can't see that path. And I don't think that makes her evil or stupid, just human.
    I loved Steph too, before this crap story got started. I'm sure I'll love her again once she manages to have her head surgically extracted from her ass.

Until then? I'm out.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

It's like people don't realize that characters are allowed to be wrong, even extremely wrong.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)