BANNED

Default Spider-Man will never be treated as an adult as long as his comics are tame

Because spiderman is always having realistic tones in book, but its never been believable trying to be a mature setting with adult aimed natural progression("To me at least,, because suspension of disbelief always gets in the way when spidey brings superhero stuff to regular people like mj and Jonah who are comic else civilian that are always put in danger and just unnaturally accepts being in a the most ridiculous situations a superhero does regularly plus they are as unrealisticlhuman as the hero and just as eccentric"). It's pretty standard fictional hero stuff with a protagonist that has to stay a natural force of good and acts like a cheesy cartoon that has to save the day and stay predictable in their unrealistic nature of being marketed as a little morally ethical symbol.

I look at Logan, Deadpool, and Star Lord and the one thing they have over spiderman is being free to be objectively human and adult. There part of the world and or cosmos is depicted as the foundation of their humanity as more than a predefined criteria of good.

Spiderman has no real life adult aspirations for the hero or the world. Peter is always doing something good and acts like a fictional idea of a human than a real human. Peter and his cast represent unrealistic expectations of just repeated moral messages and no straight to the point mature moments.

All the edgy stuff in spidey is still a cheesy concept of comicbook logic, while in deadpool and punisher ther main leads bleed and kill like grey moral humans do to win. Deadpool(And Wolverine, Daredevil, even Venom) swears, lies, mostly takes advantage of sexual situations, kills for good reasons, and end has to stay self content of his situation in order to overcome any hassles he goes through. Compare that to spiderman who recycles his basic all ages methods every new arc showing no realistic growth even when he does his share of character progress like marriage and being accepted by more heroes.

Spiderman having comicbook logic and problems are the real reason He'll never be treated as a legit mature focused hero, he just had to many goofy cringe moments and even more try hard edgy action and drama asociated with his character. A freaking magic spider and devil deal is typical story tropes to tell a typical spiderman story taken seriously.

Seriously peter got molested and got to see a diagnosed kid die being his fan, his world view should not be as uplifting as it is.
    Last edited by SpideyCeo; 05-21-2017 at 11:04 PM.

This may just be the dumbest topic I've ever seen in this forum.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    This may just be the dumbest topic I've ever seen in this forum.
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to second that.

Just when you thought you'd seen it all...eesh.

If anyone thinks that Spider-Man can't be mature if he's not swearing, lying, mostly taking advantage of sexual situations, and killing "for good reasons" then they might not be very mature or adult themselves.

Also, a lot of people in the real world have endured incredible suffering and tragedy but yet still have an uplifting worldview and are filled with hope and determination rather than despair. Those are the kind of people who inspire others.

You know, heroes.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 05-22-2017 at 06:48 AM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to second that.

Just when you thought you'd seen it all...eesh.

If anyone thinks that Spider-Man can't be mature if he's not swearing, lying, mostly taking advantage of sexual situations, and killing "for good reasons" then they might not very mature or adult themselves.

Also, a lot of people in the real world have endured incredible suffering and tragedy but yet still have an uplifting worldview and are filled with hope and determination rather than despair. Those are the kind of people who inspire others.

You know, heroes.
    Mind if I quote you on this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Mind if I quote you on this?
    Not at all!

Yeah, can't say that I understand where the OP is coming from at all. (And as far as "tame" and "mature" not being able to go hand in hand, it can be done. See "Pixar.")

Deadpool and Starlord aren't often goofy?

Sales of their titles also don't indicate it's a good move for Marvel to have Spider-Man copy that.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I just don't get how you think Deadpool is somehow more mature than Spider-Man? Because of cursing and killing? I really disagree. Star Lord? SL is pretty much the new poster boy for immaturity since the films.

You want Spider-Man to be a character that is NOT Spider-Man.

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

I always thought of Spider-man being one of the most maturely written superheroes. Heck, I think he's the best hero from the getgo. I love Batman, but I am super ignorant of his history. Spider-man was the most consistently well-written superhero that I ever read.

I don't want any of my heroes to lie, steal, swear, or be promiscuous. It's not compelling to me in the slightest.

Prof Warren nailed it, glad you are not in charge of Spider-Man with those ideas. Also Spider-Man probably deals with one the most common adult issues and that is making sure he has money to pay rent.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Because spiderman is always having realistic tones in book, but its never been believable trying to be a mature setting with adult aimed natural progression("To me at least,, because suspension of disbelief always gets in the way when spidey brings superhero stuff to regular people like mj and Jonah who are comic else civilian that are always put in danger and just unnaturally accepts being in a the most ridiculous situations a superhero does regularly plus they are as unrealisticlhuman as the hero and just as eccentric"). It's pretty standard fictional hero stuff with a protagonist that has to stay a natural force of good and acts like a cheesy cartoon that has to save the day and stay predictable in their unrealistic nature of being marketed as a little morally ethical symbol.

I look at Logan, Deadpool, and Star Lord and the one thing they have over spiderman is being free to be objectively human and adult. There part of the world and or cosmos is depicted as the foundation of their humanity as more than a predefined criteria of good.

Spiderman has no real life adult aspirations for the hero or the world. Peter is always doing something good and acts like a fictional idea of a human than a real human. Peter and his cast represent unrealistic expectations of just repeated moral messages and no straight to the point mature moments.

All the edgy stuff in spidey is still a cheesy concept of comicbook logic, while in deadpool and punisher ther main leads bleed and kill like grey moral humans do to win. Deadpool(And Wolverine, Daredevil, even Venom) swears, lies, mostly takes advantage of sexual situations, kills for good reasons, and end has to stay self content of his situation in order to overcome any hassles he goes through. Compare that to spiderman who recycles his basic all ages methods every new arc showing no realistic growth even when he does his share of character progress like marriage and being accepted by more heroes.

Spiderman having comicbook logic and problems are the real reason He'll never be treated as a legit mature focused hero, he just had to many goofy cringe moments and even more try hard edgy action and drama asociated with his character. A freaking magic spider and devil deal is typical story tropes to tell a typical spiderman story taken seriously.

Seriously peter got molested and got to see a diagnosed kid die being his fan, his world view should not be as uplifting as it is.
    I will try to make sense to what you wrote above. So, according to you, Spider-Man should be just like the Punisher, Deadpool and whatever other antihero that kills people and he should be serious and do not make jokes, because otherwise he is just childish, unworthy of respect and that should not take serious. I don't understand why people have a fixation about Spider-Man being a grim-dark-edgy anti-hero. Sorry, but do you realize you are just asking to change completely the protagonist and the tone of the franchise? You are basically suggesting to transform Amazing Spider-Man in a moody and gloomy version made by Zach Snyder. There is nothing wrong with anti-heroes or heroes that does kill, but transforming Spider-Man in one of this types is just as egregious as making the Punisher a pacifist that only uses teasers and rubber bullets.

And about Spider-Man bein unrealistic good, because he doesn't kill, first he is not perfect in any aspect, he was moved close to his limits in the past and where occasions in that he almost broke his code, like with the Sin-Eater in The Death of Jim DeWolf and with the Green Goblin soon after the death of Gwen Stacy. And about Peter being immature and without a major goal in life that is not true either, he may be portrayed in this way in the last years, however once he was married, had a stable job and was leading a fine life. He had his life plans, but they were always common and won to earth, he never wanted to be a CEO or a billionaire, just work with what he love, marry and have a family, the only problem was his double life as a superhero turning everything much more difficult.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Don't cut yourself with all that edge OP.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.