Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Default August Solicit - Justice League: Legacy

JUSTICE LEAGUE #26
    Written by BRYAN HITCH • Art by FERNANDO PASARIN and OCLAIR ALBERT • Cover by BRYAN HITCH • Variant cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    “LEGACY” part one! A group of heroes from a post-apocalyptic future escape into the past to stop their world from coming to be. But to do it they’re going to need the help of the Justice League—who just happen to be these time travelers’ parents!
    On sale AUGUST 2 • 32 pg, $2.99 US • RATED T

I'm surprised no one has commented on this one, yet. It's maybe just an arc and then these characters are never seen again, but this opens up the possibility of some "Cable"-like stories. Very interested to see if this goes anywhere

If it was someone else writing it would have potential, but they really need to give Hitch the boot and save the book.
    Last edited by Judge Dredd; 05-22-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    If it was something else writing it would have potential, but they really need to give Hitch the boot and save the book.
    While I agree generally, Hitch has actually had some interesting ideas - they are just covered up in bad dialogue, poor characterization and bland storytelling

Personally this reminds me a little to much of the Next Avengers animated movie, not saying that it can't be good just that it really reminds me of that.

I do hope future Jon and Damian make an appearance though, or at least a reference.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #26
    Written by BRYAN HITCH • Art by FERNANDO PASARIN and OCLAIR ALBERT • Cover by BRYAN HITCH • Variant cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    “LEGACY” part one! A group of heroes from a post-apocalyptic future escape into the past to stop their world from coming to be. But to do it they’re going to need the help of the Justice League—who just happen to be these time travelers’ parents!
    On sale AUGUST 2 • 32 pg, $2.99 US • RATED T

I'm surprised no one has commented on this one, yet. It's maybe just an arc and then these characters are never seen again, but this opens up the possibility of some "Cable"-like stories. Very interested to see if this goes anywhere
    I dropped JL after Hitch's very first arc. I just can't bring myself to like his storytelling. Perhaps that was a quick hook, and I'll admit as such, but I simply didn't like his direction on the title.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I dropped JL after Hitch's very first arc. I just can't bring myself to like his storytelling. Perhaps that was a quick hook, and I'll admit as such, but I simply didn't like his direction on the title.
    I tried to stick around for more as usually love Justice League, but it did not get any better. Cannot wait till he is off the book and hopefully it can get good again.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I tried to stick around for more as usually love Justice League, but it did not get any better. Cannot wait till he is off the book and hopefully it can get good again.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I tend to think Hitch is trying to be DC's answer to Jonathan Hickman (whom I also never liked, so sue me) with his storytelling. Meanwhile, this upcoming plotline does seem to be aping from Cable, one would think Hitch could do better than that. Yeah, his departure from JL can't come soon enough to suit me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I tend to think Hitch is trying to be DC's answer to Jonathan Hickman (whom I also never liked, so sue me) with his storytelling. Meanwhile, this upcoming plotline does seem to be aping from Cable, one would think Hitch could do better than that. Yeah, his departure from JL can't come soon enough to suit me.
    Hickman blows Hitch out of the water not even close to the long term planning Hickman does. Only person I can compare to Hickman is Morrison when it comes to the super hero books. Good long term planning seeding ideas to pick up in other stories down the line.

You've missed nothing and done your wallet a favor. I dropped it from my pull list after the first arc but keep picking it up anyway hoping it will get better. It doesn't. It may be the single most reviled Rebirth title there is.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Personally this reminds me a little to much of the Next Avengers animated movie, not saying that it can't be good just that it really reminds me of that.
    This was my exact thought .

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Next Avengers actually originated in the comics.

What do you think Diana's son will be called? Wonder Man is a no-no because Marvel has a hero called that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Next Avengers actually originated in the comics.

What do you think Diana's son will be called? Wonder Man is a no-no because Marvel has a hero called that.
    Captain Wonder? (Could he be Superman's son too? Torn red cape.)

Along with:

Aquawoman
    Cyborgirl
    a green lantern or 2? (The red-head - next to the platinum blond - had something green on her jacket.)
    a female Flash.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I'm not reading JL, but this seems interesting based on the cover:

•Wonder-guy seems to be Superman's son as well.
    • I have no idea who white hair GL is a son of, but if we go by visual cues, redhead GL girl would be Gardner's daughter, no?
    • Cyborgirl: there DC, see how you can have a Cyborg without dehumanizing him? There then, DO IT
    • Redhead Flash girl: if we look at pre-existing characters, this can be either Dawn Allen or Iris West 2. I"d bet on Dawn, but goggles say Iris.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Yeah, I'm not hitched to the Bryan bandwagon either.

Not really happy with JL and JLA right now. They just don't excite me like when Geoff Johns wrote them.
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I'm not reading JL, but this seems interesting based on the cover:

•Wonder-guy seems to be Superman's son as well.
    • I have no idea who white hair GL is a son of, but if we go by visual cues, redhead GL girl would be Gardner's daughter, no?
    • Cyborgirl: there DC, see how you can have a Cyborg without dehumanizing him? There then, DO IT
    • Redhead Flash girl: if we look at pre-existing characters, this can be either Dawn Allen or Iris West 2. I"d bet on Dawn, but goggles say Iris.
    Yes, I'm feeling some Superman vibes from the Wonder-guy, but where are Jon and Damian?