Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Finally since the end of SW been waiting for this.

I hope most of the old team returns.

I'm really curious about the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Robbie Thompson liked the Runaways tweets.

Hmmmmmmmmm.
    I would LOVE that.

Lol, I came here to ask if anybody knew the story about how Nico got her normal arm back-as I read Avengers Arena and Avengers Undercover-but it seems I've not missed anything, it's unexplained. Like many people, I really hope it gets an explanation, but who knows, seeing as she's older now, a bit lovelorn, maybe she's sensitive about being a teenager/young woman with a metal arm, and uses some magic to hide it?

Talking of metal arms, I know she's never been part of the Runaways, but I'd love to see Death Locket turn up, and Cullen, and any number of characters from the Arena/Undercover runs. Those were fun, and for Chase and Nico especially, an important part of their lives, and, I mean, they were all teenagers too, and who knows how badly they might struggle to be part of normal life now?

Plus.... there were characters from the Braddock Academy in Arena/Undercover, and I need these links in my life!!!

She should be proud of that metal arm. She seemed happy in A-Force, where she met Misty Knight (in issue 8), who ALSO has a metal arm.

All-New Member

Its probably never going to happen but I do hope Alex gets redeemed, I mean he was the one who stopped Chase from sacrificing himself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She should be proud of that metal arm. She seemed happy in A-Force, where she met Misty Knight (in issue 8), who ALSO has a metal arm.
    So true......still, if a writer will find a way to get rid of it as part of a character's change; then there's better be an excellent reason for this to occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by AJW009 View Post
    Lol, I came here to ask if anybody knew the story about how Nico got her normal arm back-as I read Avengers Arena and Avengers Undercover-but it seems I've not missed anything, it's unexplained. Like many people, I really hope it gets an explanation, but who knows, seeing as she's older now, a bit lovelorn, maybe she's sensitive about being a teenager/young woman with a metal arm, and uses some magic to hide it?

Talking of metal arms, I know she's never been part of the Runaways, but I'd love to see Death Locket turn up, and Cullen, and any number of characters from the Arena/Undercover runs. Those were fun, and for Chase and Nico especially, an important part of their lives, and, I mean, they were all teenagers too, and who knows how badly they might struggle to be part of normal life now?

Plus.... there were characters from the Braddock Academy in Arena/Undercover, and I need these links in my life!!!
    It's obvious that whoever will be doing this series will have the readers be familiar with the Runaways {again}.......so it's best to be patience for the other MU characters {including those from the AVENGERS ACADEMY/ARENA/UNDERCOVER Series and some former Young Avengers} to hopefully appear within the latest RUNAWAYS Series.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    So true......still, if a writer will find a way to get rid of it as part of a character's change; then there's better be an excellent reason for this to occurred.

It's obvious that whoever will be doing this series will have the readers be familiar with the Runaways {again}.......so it's best to be patience for the other MU characters {including those from the AVENGERS ACADEMY/ARENA/UNDERCOVER Series and some former Young Avengers} to hopefully appear within the latest RUNAWAYS Series.
    I don't disagree, just thinking of possibilities. Gotta love a cool metal arm!
    Worth noting that THAT Misty Knight and Nico were DoomWorld Variants.

I'm more than patient, just voicing my sincere hopes! You actually seem more inclined to think it might happen than me! Lol!!!

Fantastic Member

It says write in the promo... too much baggage. They'll just ignore metal arms and staff upgrades. Makes it more accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by AJW009 View Post
    Worth noting that THAT Misty Knight and Nico were DoomWorld Variants.
    No they were not. The Secret Wars mini didn't even HAVE an issue #8. I'm referring to the first issue of the Civil War II arc!

I was so excited for another teaser today! Ahhh.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I was so excited for another teaser today! Ahhh.
    Yeah, I'm also dissapointed for no teaser today . Hope that there is at least one tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No they were not. The Secret Wars mini didn't even HAVE an issue #8. I'm referring to the first issue of the Civil War II arc!
    Ah, my mistake! I stopped reading the ongoing that came after Secret Wars, I wasn't enjoying it! So I probably didn't reach many more issues either way!! Lol!!!

In that case, Nico has no excuse!! She HAS to enjoy her metal arm!! Lol!!!

BANNED

Not too sure how I feel about this I mean I guess it's cool but I don't know if I'll read it, I'm not sure if I like the characters enough, I liked them fine in the first series but personally they came off as unlikable and annoying for the better part of the 2005 series.
    Except for Victor but he's dead so....

The return of the Runaways is fantastic news. I can't wait to see the rest of the team.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Kind of dreading this at the moment. I don't like the teaser image of Nico and I'm really hoping it's just art from the first series. If they make this a television companion comic I won't be buying it. I'd be so disappointed. A new Runaways book that features the characters we love with all the personal development intact would be perfect. Why would we want to read a retread of past events? I can't see that happening though. Argh!, I hate being this pessimistic.