Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Yay!!! Old Lace. I love her. I'm glad she got her own teaser.

And right! Phoenix Comic-Con! My friend is actually the director/owner of it. I should ask if he has any details and secrets. Haha.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    lol that Old Lace teaser. I think that they'll give more details of the upcoming Runaways series in the Phoenix con (I think it's this week).

Hope that tomorrow Karolina or Molly have the teaser too
    We still have Karolina and Molly to go for sure but if they're doing two a day - if OL counts, which she totally does - after Nico's then we have four or so to look forward to.

Alex and Gert on Friday?

Also Chase looks SO good.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Is that a hipster lumbersexual Chase I'm seeing? Not that I'm complaining; he looks good. Of course someone in the Runaways would have a manbun in 2017, haha. I'm also glad that his description seems to mention Gertrude.

And that Old Lace teaser is genius.

Chase would have a man bun, wouldn't he. I don't love the look, but it fits the character well enough. And Old Lace is amazing as always.

Can't wait for Molly and Karolina. And Klara too. She deserves to still be around.

I looooove the teasers so far. Nico and Chase look both older (which is good) and very modern (which I also think is good). Getting Kris Anka to design them (and hopefully draw the book? pleeease?) was such a great idea. I hope they made an equally inspired choice for the writing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Spoke too soon, Old Lace gets his own teaser
    I'm sorry. But this cracks me up.

(And I still say that Nico looks likes she's in her late 20s....which means she's actually 30s or 40s, given the way we Asians age....).

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    I'm sorry. But this cracks me up.

(And I still say that Nico looks likes she's in her late 20s....which means she's actually 30s or 40s, given the way we Asians age....).
    I thought she looked early 20's myself, but she definitely looks older then her late teens.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought she looked early 20's myself, but she definitely looks older then her late teens.
    As someone in their early twenties with teenagers that look older than him, I think she looks age appropriate tbh.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Nico and Alex FTW.

They were recently banging in the Avengers Undercover series so it's possible. I still think Alex is redeemable.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Nico and Alex FTW.

They were recently banging in the Avengers Undercover series so it's possible. I still think Alex is redeemable.
    Have you seen Power Man and Iron Fist?! He was very rotten to the core in that, although where his powers come from probably leaves room for redemption/it wasn't his fault, yet still enough guilt for appropriate angst.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    If I was Nico, I would have chose Karolina as second in command. Nico trusts in her more than in Chase (in Arena and Undercover it was bovious that Nico barely trusted in him).
    Yeah, by the end of those two runs, he was acting like a real jerk, almost like he blamed Nico for Arena.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Nico and Alex FTW.

Even if he is, I honestly don't want him to be redeemed just because I feel like it would be so forced just to line things up with the MCU. I'm fine with him being a part of the new title, but I want him to remain as a villain, or as the bad guy who has to begrudgingly team up with the heroes for a common cause. I just don't want him to be a full-fledged ally again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    As someone in their early twenties with teenagers that look older than him, I think she looks age appropriate tbh.
    Yeah, but I'm betting that she draws from the same part of the gene pool Ming Na Wen does, so by all rights she'd look younger.....

BANNED

Sad that Victor Mancha is unavailable given his fate in the Vision title.

I could see Singularity joining the team. Her interactions with other characters are adorable, and she hasn't had a home since A-Force. I like the idea of the Runawayws constantly being on the move and encountering random characters along the way; Ghost Rider (Robbie), Cloak and Dagger or Deathlocket for example.

I hope Alex Wilder transitions from a Power Man & Iron Fist villain back to being a Runaways villain.

Well, Singularity would logically be with either Nico or Dazzler right now. So it seems Blue's next home would be either Runaways or an X book, assuming A-Force doesn't get revived (the reason it ended was the loss of She-Hulk and Medusa, not sales, which always stayed above 20k).