Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Nice art. A question does occur to me, though: Gert originally died in her teens when she and Chase were close in age. However, there has been a few years passed since the death and this series writing her resurrection, where the others are now close to, if not actually, very young adults. Is there going to be some kind of explanation built into the resurrection to sync Gert and Chase's ages again, or will there be an age gap with Gert starting over where she left off?

What does the summary mean by: "Have Karolina and Nico’s feelings made their friendship impossible?" Unless the comics have put a falling out between the characters since the main series ended, it sounds like they're implying the two are romantically linked some way. However, as I recall from Runaways proper, the idea was that Karolina had a crush on Nico that was unrequited largely due to the latter being straight.
    If she's being brought back precisely from her moment of death, then yes, she's probably going to be a teen. I don't know if they plan on aging her somehow, but I don't think it's much of a problem anyway. It's only a 2 or 3 year gap. It wouldn't be different from the Miles/Gwen age gap we've had recently.

As for Nico/Karolina, yeah, the solicit definitely worded that in a suggestive way, but not one really knows what it means. We'll have to wait and see. I am personally not a big fan of the two of them becoming an actual couple, specially if that means the Xavin storyline is being put aside again.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-27-2017 at 05:22 PM.

BANNED

I wonder how long they'll wait before crossing over with Gen X or Champions

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She and Molly did indeed enroll at Avengers Academy, that was established when the Runaways appeared in two issues of that title near the end of it's run. They initially used home tutoring from a robot (a Jocasta drone?) but Molly was seen on campus in Infinity: The Hunt, so it appears the girls started attending actual classes at some point. However, the school seems to have been closed down during the eight month timeskip post-Secret Wars, either due to damage sustained to the school building during The Hunt, Hank Pym's demise in Rage of Ultron, or the withdrawal of Avengers funding which caused the main and Uncanny teams to lose the Tower and Mansion.

The logical move would be for them to transfer to the Jean Grey School, as it was at the time. However, Molly had turned them down twice previously. Maybe the M-pox thing changed her mind, and the girls stayed there throughout Extraordinary X-Men's run without ever appearing on panel?
    Glad that you've pointed those things out, D. Especially since everything has been "rebooted" within the MU following SECRET WARS, so perhaps there'll be more explanations and explorations with some of the other Runaways within their newest Series coming within Two more months from now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Probably later after their first Storyarc....since they originally encountered the Cloak & Dagger, {Mighty/New} Avengers, Young Avengers and Excelsior(later to be called the Loners) eventually within their various runs of their series.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    If she's being brought back precisely from her moment of death, then yes, she's probably going to be a teen. I don't know if they plan on aging her somehow, but I don't think it's much of a problem anyway. It's only a 2 or 3 year gap. It wouldn't be different from the Miles/Gwen age gap we've had recently.
    I wasn't exactly thinking about if the age gap would be creepy or not. However, if Gert's basically starting over from where she's left off and everyone else has a few years on her, that changes the dynamics and will be a struggle to adjust (she'd see them as the people they were a few years ago, not who they've become since). Conversely, if she's aged up, that means that she, in many ways, is missing a piece of her life (granted, being alive and missing a few years beats being dead for good, but I'm sure it would still be a struggle to adjust). It's kind of a different story depending on which route they go.

(The clues from the previews make it look like Chase time-traveled to the moment/near-moment of her death, so I think the former scenario is more likely.)

As for Nico/Karolina, yeah, the solicit definitely worded that in a suggestive way, but not one really knows what it means.
    Fair enough.

We'll havet to wait and see. I am personally not a big fan of the two of them becoming an actual couple, specially if that means the Xavin storyline is being put aside again.
    Me neither. Wasn't Xavin written out for good, though? (He/she/whatever, while a character I thought was fine, was never one I really missed.)

Incredible Member

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...ue-early-2018/

According to this Runaways will be 6 issues and done. The TPB is not listed as volume 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post

According to this Runaways will be 6 issues and done. The TPB is not listed as volume 1.
    So it's a mini? Really? Huh .

I guess Marvel either has a very finite story they want to tell with this book, and in bringing the Runaways back, or they know synergy is not going to keep this book afloat and will just wait to see the reception to this as a mini before they plan on any more Runaways content.

Well, hope it's a good story, at any rate.

That stinks. It seems they aren't risking a maxi just yet. But let's give a book to Gen X.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I don't see them crossing over with any of Marvel's current young groups. But if I had to pick one, I guess Gen X would be the most interesting one. They would even have a believable reason to interact with them, as they have a school age mutant among them (two mutants, if Klara is there at some point).

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I wasn't exactly thinking about if the age gap would be creepy or not. However, if Gert's basically starting over from where she's left off and everyone else has a few years on her, that changes the dynamics and will be a struggle to adjust (she'd see them as the people they were a few years ago, not who they've become since). Conversely, if she's aged up, that means that she, in many ways, is missing a piece of her life (granted, being alive and missing a few years beats being dead for good, but I'm sure it would still be a struggle to adjust). It's kind of a different story depending on which route they go.
    All of this actually sounds very interesting to me. Like you said, it's a different kind of story to tell. Makes for some good drama and character development.

Wasn't Xavin written out for good, though? (He/she/whatever, while a character I thought was fine, was never one I really missed.)
    I would hardly say that an important member of the team and love interest to one of the original members who sacrificed her freedom to save her lover, was taken prisoner by evil aliens and never seen or even mentioned again was written off for good. There was no closure. Xavin's absence and the fact THAT NONE OF THE RUNAWAYS SEEM INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HER is a very glaring plot hole that needs to be adjusted ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post

The solicits didn't promote it as a mini, so I don't think Marvel planned it as such. I also find it very hard to believe that they would have cancelled this already when the first issue isn't even out. And if I remember correctly, didn't Rowell confirm this would have more than one arc? I mean, granted, she could write two 3-issue arcs, but would the whole Gert thing really be solved in 3 issues? I'll wait for more info on this. Hopefully it was just a mistake.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-27-2017 at 05:47 PM.

BC have now made public the entire Marvel Book Previews catalogue. It proves all of their reports about Marvel from the last few days are true.

I would hardly say that an important member of the team and love interest to one of the original members who sacrificed her freedom to save her lover, was taken prisoner by evil aliens and never seen or even mentioned again was written off for good. There was no closure. Xavin's absence and the fact THAT NONE OF THE RUNAWAYS SEEM INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HER is a very glaring plot hole that needs to be adjusted ASAP.
    #JUSTICEforXAVIN

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

What has me a bit annoyed too is on top of Xavin, are any of the team talking about Victor either? I mean he was murdered by Vision's wife, after a freak accident killed her son. I would think that the group would be rather upset about this situation.

Well, to be fair, ever since Victor died, none of the Runaways have been featured in any comic, so we don't really know how they've been reacting at all. But once the new series starts, yeah, I'm hoping this will be brought up.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Well, to be fair, ever since Victor died, none of the Runaways have been featured in any comic, so we don't really know how they've been reacting at all. But once the new series starts, yeah, I'm hoping this will be brought up.
    Me as well, previews seem to show Nico upset about something, but there's a lot there that we have to cover. Nico's arm being back to normal, A Force being pulled apart, her connection to Singularity and what became of it. Not to mention Chase becoming Darkhawk for a time, and the whole thing with Alex and the Undercover avengers.

My other concern is going to be how the magic is going to work now, and what happens in regard to Chase and Gert both having control over Old lace, and doesn't pulling her out of time screw things up in the past as well? Like wouldn't they see some weirdo come and take her body?