Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

DARK NIGHTS: METAL #1
    AQUAMAN #27 (I'll be missing my double dose of Aquaman a month)
    BATMAN #28 & #29
    MISTER MIRACLE #1
    BUG!: THE ADVENTURES OF FORAGER #4
    CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE #11
    DOOM PATROL #8
    MOTHER PANIC #10
    SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL #11
    THE NEW GODS SPECIAL #1
    THE SANDMAN SPECIAL #1
    THE BLACK RACER AND SHILO NORMAN SPECIAL #1

Maybe?
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #26 & 27

Batman #28-29
    Batgirl #14
    Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #13
    Batwoman #6
    Detective Comics #962-963
    Mother Panic #10
    Nightwing #26-27
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

My pull list is:
    Green Arrow #28
    Green Arrow #29
    Green Arrow Annual #1
    Nightwing #26
    Nightwing #27
    Red Hood and the Outlaws #13
    Red Hood and the Outlaws Annual #1
    Mister Miracle #1
    Nightwing: The New Order #1
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Why would DC have tradepaperbacks of Batman and Flash all the way up to the Button arc, and not release that arc in the same format? I've been collecting both Batman and Flash in trade, and I'm finding out that the Button book, which isn't included in the other trades, is in a bloody HC, not paperback. WTF, DC? That just doesn't make any sense from a collection stand point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Why would DC have tradepaperbacks of Batman and Flash all the way up to the Button arc, and not release that arc in the same format? I've been collecting both Batman and Flash in trade, and I'm finding out that the Button book, which isn't included in the other trades, is in a bloody HC, not paperback. WTF, DC? That just doesn't make any sense from a collection stand point.
    Really hot books often do hard covers first. Events etc... It'll likely be solicited a paperback versions later on.

They make more profit from HCs so they're releasing those first. I expect the TPBs to follow after a few months or so.

Apr 2017 All Star Batman Vol 01 HC
    Sep 2017 All Star Batman Vol 01 TP

Feb 2017 Batman: Night of the Monster Men HC
    Oct 2017 Batman: Night of the Monster Men TP
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Fantastic Member

Scooby-Doo Team-Up #29 with guest-starring TOP CAT and his gang.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Really hot books often do hard covers first. Events etc... It'll likely be solicited a paperback versions later on.
    That makes perfect sense, I just figured we'd have consistency with the books already coming out. And the new 52 all started as HC, then months after we got tpb released, and with Rebirth all starting as tpb... Well, you know... consistency. Wtf?!

That makes perfect sense, I just figured we'd have consistency with the books already coming out. And the new 52 all started as HC, then months after we got tpb released, and with Rebirth all starting as tpb... Well, you know... consistency. Wtf?!
    Both All Star Batman and Trinity are also HC first.

DC switched to collecting two volumes for their Deluxe HCs. I think they're starting to realize the paradigm where more readers are now trade waiting instead of buying floppies so the quicker inexpensive TPB releases is a service to trade waiters.

I do find it interesting that they've effectively lowered the price on hardcovers since the Deluxe HCs (~$34.99) are practically the same price as two TPBs (~$16.99). Used to be $24.99 per 150 page volume or so, iirc. For the most part, I like this newer pricing/release model although it does kinda suck that TPBs for events, crossovers, etc. are released much later.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Dark Nights: Metal #1
    Superman #28-29
    Super Sons #7
    Mister Miracle #1
    Batman/The Shadow #5
    The Kamandi Challenge #8
    The New Gods Special #1

Titans #14
    JLA #12 & 13
    Nightwing 26 & 27
    Detective Comics #962 & 963
    Green Lanterns #28 & 29
    Superman #28 & 29
    Supergirl #12(and the annual)
    Super Sons #7
    The Flash #28 & 29
    Blue Beetle #12

I'm definitely picking up Dark Nights: Metal
    Actually considering picking up Deathstroke, wasn't reading it before but I'm interested in the hero turn and him putting together a teen team. Though Team Defiance isn't a great name if you ask me but it is what it is.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm buying more than I'm actually enjoying lately mostly because I've been laid up on and off with chronic Lyme disease for the last four years. It's difficult for me to read actual books (novels, etc.) because of the brain fog that comes from Lyme but I can still read comics and it's what I do most often in my leisure time (I still keep a full-time job as the artistic director of a midsized regional theatre). Were I not often bedridden and didn't have such need of comics--I also buy at least one trade a week because there aren't enough new DC titles I want to read each month and I've always been a DC-only guy--I wouldn't be picking up all of these.

So, though I am picking up all of these, were I not in need of a LOT of new comics, I'd drop the ones I marked with an asterisk. I know there's a lot of love for some of the titles I'll mark that way and I don't argue with any of that. I'm just not being swept away by the marked comics as I am by the unmarked ones. I also had to make a notation about EVS which I used a $ to do. It felt the most appropriate because I'm voting with my dollars.

A couple more caveats to my pull list below (as if my buying habits are actually of any interest to anyone but me): As soon as it starts coming out in trade I'll start picking up New Super-Man. That's because of all the great reviews I've seen of it here, on this forum. I wasn't originally interested in New Super-Man, Deathstroke, or RHatOL, but comments here persuaded me to pick up Deathstroke and now it's one of my very favorite books each month. I'm disappointed they're going to monthly instead of bi-weekly because I think it's as good as anything DC is publishing. I came to RHatOL later, given my well-earned bias against Scott Lobdell, but damn if I'm not loving it now that I've caught up. New Super-Man will be my next experiment in taking this board's good advice.

I dropped JL ages ago and I dropped JLA after 3 incredibly disappointing issues by which I mean I took them off my list at my LCS but darn if I don't keep picking them up anyway. I regret it every single time. They don't appear here because I hope to have broken myself of the stupid habit of buying books because of the characters when I know it's the creators that matter.

Stuff I'm LOVING or am VERY MUCH looking forward to in BOLD.

DARK NIGHTS: METAL #1
    ACTION COMICS #985
    ACTION COMICS #986
    ALL STAR BATMAN #13
    AQUAMAN #27*
    BATMAN #28
    BATMAN #29

BATWOMAN #6
    DEATHSTROKE #22
    DETECTIVE COMICS #962
    DETECTIVE COMICS #963

THE FLASH #28*
    THE FLASH #29*
    GREEN ARROW #28*
    GREEN ARROW #29*
    GREEN ARROW ANNUAL #1*
    GREEN LANTERNS #28
    GREEN LANTERNS #29

HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #26*$
    HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #27*$
    NIGHTWING #26*
    NIGHTWING #27*
    RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #13
    RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS ANNUAL #1
    SUPERMAN #28
    SUPERMAN #29

SUPER SONS #7
    SUPERWOMAN #13*
    TEEN TITANS #11
    TITANS #14
    TRINITY #12*
    WONDER WOMAN #28
    WONDER WOMAN #29
    MISTER MIRACLE #1
    NIGHTWING: THE NEW ORDER #1
    BATMAN/THE SHADOW #5
    BUG!: THE ADVENTURES OF FORAGER #4
    CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE #11
    DOOM PATROL #8
    SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL #11

THE NEW GODS SPECIAL #1
    THE NEWSBOY LEGION AND THE BOY COMMANDOS SPECIAL #1
    THE SANDMAN SPECIAL #1
    MANHUNTER SPECIAL #1
    DARKSEID SPECIAL #1
    THE BLACK RACER AND SHILO NORMAN SPECIAL #1

$ - As long as Van Sciver stays gone I'll tentatively stick with HJ&GLC even though I'm not really digging it. But I'm doing everything I can to pass on anything EVS draws. I don't need to believe comic book writers or artists (or any sort of artists) are good people but I can't abide what I now know about Van Sciver. If he draws part of a critical part of the Rebirth storyline I won't be able to avoid that so I'm really hoping he won't.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 05-26-2017 at 06:15 PM.