Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

I enjoyed it too. Some parts felt like old Babs, and the finale was satisfying.

Incredible Member

I've enjoyed the lift heartedness but I certainly wouldn't understand a bit more mature take I'm fine with either. I just wish they'd drop this whole hyperfocus concept completely, it's just and odd thing that I feel detracts from the book, just let Barbara able to handle all the information she's smart! And im to the point where her dad is playing dumb, if you can't recognize your daughter with a mask that doesn't even really cover her face let alone shows her eyes and all her features you're either in denial or just stupid.

I always just assume Gordon plays dumb when it comes to Batgirl.

I also have a problem with Ethan not releasing that Babs and Batgirl are the same person. Especially that scene when Babs disguised as Dick Grayson to lure Ethan to the park, Ethan saw the other night that Dick and Babs were talking together so he presumed it was def Dick. Then underneath was no other than Batgirl. I mean he's literally been with her and he still doesn't know who's Batgirl.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    I also have a problem with Ethan not releasing that Babs and Batgirl are the same person. Especially that scene when Babs disguised as Dick Grayson to lure Ethan to the park, Ethan saw the other night that Dick and Babs were talking together so he presumed it was def Dick. Then underneath was no other than Batgirl. I mean he's literally been with her and he still doesn't know who's Batgirl.
    ...do we have confirmation that Babs and Ethan did anything more than make out?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I always just assume Gordon plays dumb when it comes to Batgirl.
    I mean, it's Gordon. Playing dumb as far as the Batfamily's identities is, like, half his job .

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    ...do we have confirmation that Babs and Ethan did anything more than make out?
    I think they had a date and made out a little. Come to think I don't think it was ever hinted that Babs had sex with any of her love interests. Even Luke.

I see the final(this chapter) and... I donīt like Ethan as a villain...

I think that Batgirl in other hands(without burnside) can be better and with better villains...

As I imaginated Oswald kindnapped him.. Another character interested in him? Impossible.. After this accident, in his next appearance(if this happen) maybe Ethan is uglier(more similar to his father).. We have seen another cases like this in DC..

Harvey Dent + accident = Two faces
    Basil Carlo + accident = Clayface
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-26-2017 at 01:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

I enjoy the Batgirl book.

What's coming next?

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I think that Batgirl in other hands(without burnside) can be better and with better villains...
    Do you know how many character would kill for a unique setting they can call their own, in Gotham no less. Even if a new creative team takes over, and wants to do a more serious and mature take, Burnside needs to stay. A new creative team can always edit it or show new sides to suit their needs.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-27-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    This doesn't have much to do with this particular arc but is there a chance there will be a new tone for this book soon? I'd like to see Gail Simone tackle Babs now that there should be theoretically far less editorial interference which really bogged her down last time. Either way with a movie having a more serious tone, I wonder if the comics will ever follow. I really miss Babs as more mature and intellectual.
    I would love this but I just don't think DC will do it. I think there is some kind of editorial direction to make Batgirl less intellectual and more immature. You can be very smart and still and immature dolt when it comes to social situations but it is kind of funny that Babs has super intelligence and sophisticated and brave entrepreneurial abilities but has an "OMG he's CUTE, Gee, is he an evil villain?" crush on the Penguins son. It is a jarring discontinuity. I like her portrayal in Birds of Prey a lot more. I doubt they will every make her the amazing combination of intellect, drive and empathic need to help others that she was under Simone, even though that was her high point in sales. I keep it on my pull list out of some strange feeling of loyalty. Although I dropped it like third period French once Simone got taken off the book before. But that was one really strange departure into something that I did not really like. Now it is more a sense of good enough to keep my reading but not so good I get excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Do you know how many character would kill for a unique setting they can call their own, in Gotham no less. Even if a new creative team takes over, and wants to do a more serious and mature take, Burnside needs to stay. A new creative team can always edit it or show new sides to suit their needs.
    ... Maybe changing a little the BURNSIDE/BATGIRL COMICS RULES...

Sorry, I was wrong... I donīt want destroy all Burnside.. I prefer FRANKIE CHARLES(Operator) as Oracle(Important role) than that Boy of Birds of Prey..

I saw her in Bombshells SUICIDE SQUAD and that saga with Steph and Harper and... I see more potential in Frankie than that "Oracle" boy..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-27-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    ... I see more potential in Frankie than that "Oracle" boy..
    This i agree.