Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew your Vows #10 (Curious to see if Stegman's writing is as good as his art~)
    Ms Marvel #21 (Looks like sh*t is getting serious.)
    Generation X #5 (An Eye Boy focused issue? lol neat!!)
    Iceman #4 (Literally just getting this cuz my boy Daken's in it~!!)

Maybe:

Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man #3 (If I like the first two issues. Just hope it doesn't turn out to be a stealth team-up book. >>; )
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Niffleheim

Stegman wrote a filler story for Inhuman annual (not 100% sure of the issue) and it wasn't good but him writing a Spidey story lol! Marvel doesn't really care about this book surviving, do they?
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-23-2017 at 03:45 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

am I imagining things or is Taskmaster wearing a Black Knight-themed costume on the cover of Spider-men?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

That Jean Grey cover is rad.

Ms. Marvel #21
    Hulk #9
    X-Men Blue #9-10

I enjoyed what I read when I was picking up Invincible Iron Man, but that evil A.I story sounds dull. Wish Elektra and Gamora were still going, good stories and some great artwork.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJW009 View Post
    Why do all those solicits for Generations talk about time travel when they've been going on so long about how all these stories are "real"?!
    What's not real about time travel?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Think I'll get:
    TRUE BELIEVERS: KIRBY 100TH – ANT-MAN AND THE WASP #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: KIRBY 100TH – IRON MAN #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: KIRBY 100TH – INHUMANS #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: KIRBY 100TH – NICK FURY #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: KIRBY 100TH – AVENGERS: DEVIL DINOSAUR #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: KIRBY 100TH – CAPTAIN AMERICA #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: KIRBY 100TH – INTRODUCING…THE MIGHTY THOR! #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: KIRBY 100TH – THOR VS. HULK #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: KIRBY 100TH – AVENGERS: CAPTAIN AMERICA LIVES AGAIN! #1
    That's the most I have wanted to get from Marvel in a LONG time.
    I missed these. Do they sell these in comic stores? I'm definitely interested in Inhumans, Devil Dinosaur, and Captain America. For a dollar a piece I might get the bulk of these. But where do I buy this?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Generations: Phoenix & jean grey #1
    x-men: Gold #9 & 10
    jean grey #5 & 6
    x-men: Blue #9 & 10
    astonishing x-men #2
    uncanny avengers #26
    secret empire #8 & 9 & 10
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I missed these. Do they sell these in comic stores? I'm definitely interested in Inhumans, Devil Dinosaur, and Captain America. For a dollar a piece I might get the bulk of these. But where do I buy this?
    It's for preorder right now for August release. My LCS had all the X-Men True Believers. Ask your LCS to get them for you if they don't normally order the True Believers books.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

All New Guardians of the Galaxy #7-8
    Astonishing X-Men #2
    Defenders #4
    X-men Blue #9-10

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RebirthgotmebackintoDC View Post
    I understand it's not going to end with him still being hydra, but my argument and problem is that it seems they are doing this for Sam to rise up and become the one true captain america, where if you put a character through so much trumoil and have him commit horrible acts, then THEY themselves should be the ones to overcome. Steve shouldn't be used to show that Sam is in fact a great Captain America. That's lazy and disrespectful to Steve. One of Marvel's defenses to this story has been "But you still have that Captain America in Sam". Okay, but why does it have to come at Steve's expense. THAT's my issue. Of course he's not staying a villain. I was worried this was a Sam Wilson story all along and not a steve rogers story, because that will influence how it ends and who comes out on top. And based on one Cap series getting cancelled, I might be right to worry. And trust Marvel? Cause they've handled their original characters so greatly. DC is a great example on how to respect the old and celebrate the new. Marvel just wants headlines.
    Same, especially because Spencer never showed any interest in actually discussing STEVE when he would talk about what this story meant, it was always about Sam or about other characters but never about what it meant for Steve. Steve's been nothing but a prop, to "prop" up Sam Wilson ultimately. It's SO lazy to destroy a character to prop up the character you want to take his place. If Sam Wilson is so great, he could have stood on his own two feet, without humiliating Steve Rogers. A "replacement" character shouldn't have to come at the originals expense. I believe Sam Wilson could have with some actual creativity and care in his writing, but obviously Nick Spencer didn't.

They've really done Steve Roger's dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Storm View Post
    Same, especially because Spencer never showed any interest in actually discussing STEVE when he would talk about what this story meant, it was always about Sam or about other characters but never about what it meant for Steve. Steve's been nothing but a prop, to "prop" up Sam Wilson ultimately. It's SO lazy to destroy a character to prop up the character you want to take his place. If Sam Wilson is so great, he could have stood on his own two feet, without humiliating Steve Rogers. A "replacement" character shouldn't have to come at the originals expense. I believe Sam Wilson could have with some actual creativity and care in his writing, but obviously Nick Spencer didn't.

They've really done Steve Roger's dirty.
    no they haven't. I'm loving Secret Empire. and I've bought more Steve Rogers comics because of the storyline.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    This brings to mind a classic wrestling tradition: When you go out, you always put up the little guy.

ironically, the Undertaker's streak was something he never wanted. He was a real old school guy who felt that legacy's and titles should be passed down through the years. The way its supposed to go, in his mind, is you build up your legacy, and when it's your time to go, you take a fall, to promote the new up and comers so the audience know "Oh wow, this guy stood up to the legend."

That seems to be how marvel is handling their legacy characters. Whether or not people like that is up to them.
    I know the point your trying to make, but, you do know that the Undertaker being retired by Roman Reigns has sent the the WWE business into the toilet and Roman Reigns is probably the most hated top level guy in WWE history, worse when you consider he's supposed to be their number 1 babyface and hero figure.

So comparing a beloved character like Steve Rogers being replaced by a character like Sam Wilson who no matter what you think of him, has certainly been nowhere near as successful or embraced as Marvel has intended him to be, to the Undertaker/Roman Reigns situation as a positive, no doesn't work.

What makes it Steve Rogers book as opposed to Sam Wilson's book? At least for that issue, the premise seems to be that it's more or less shared. Am I missing something?
    Yeah, the artist. It's drawn by Jesus Saiz. That's Steve's artist.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda and Rogue were friends the last time we saw them together. Rogue is probably angry that Wanda left the team really suddenly after agreeing to help Rogue lead it after Axis.
    I would not be one to Jump to Conclusion about Teasers and Covers Either, we need to learn our lessons that Covers and Teasers at best BARELY scratch the surface of what the issue is really all about. Heck, sometimes it is really disappointing when they are not what you hope they would be.

IMO I am in a wait and see on that, I really don't think it will be the same-old Vol. 1 Uncanny Avengers throw-down cause that has past and was under another writer. But maybe something more relevant and important, maybe an argument on a relevant topic or it is about another member, maybe with Pietro cause of the falling out they had in Wanda's Solo Series, be interesting to see.

But Truly, at least Wanda is BACK in an Avengers Book, FINALLY!!!

Last edited by CJStriker; 05-23-2017 at 08:28 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

I know all my local comic shops carry them.