SECRET WARRIORS #5
    CHAMPIONS #11
    MIGHTY THOR #22
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #26
    VENOM #153
    ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #7 & 8
    X-MEN: GOLD #9 & 10
    JEAN GREY #5 & 6

Unfortunately there is no way I could probably afford to buy all of these but hey who knows maybe I will be able to get most of these if not I could gust wait till they come to Marvel Unlimited.

I am a bit worry about X-men: Blue #9, that is probably gonna be a rough issue for me since Emma is one of my favorites, so its goin to suck to see her as a villain. But from the interviews with Bunn does have me hopeful that she won't be bad for long. Also for some reason I'm really excited for Venom #153. I normally don't have much interest in Venom but a team up with Moon Girl is so odd and random I have to check it out. Also that cover look awesome too.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by StaticShock99 View Post
    Sam was always gonna be a big part of the story, Hydra Cap spent a significant amount of time trying to undermine and get rid of Sam. Obviously this is still a Steve story but it's gonna have to acknowledge the rest of the MU and the people Steve hurt while Hydra and that includes Sam. We don't know how the story will end so for all we know Steve will end up overcoming this on his own and even if he does that doesn't mean that Sam should sit this out. Expecting Sam's character to sit on the sidelines because Steve needs to be "on top" is as big a disservice to Steve as it is to Sam.
    Not saying that Sam should just sit on the sidelines, I'm saying that since it's Steve who's character and actual history is being destroyed and dragged through the mud in this story, then it should be him that plays the largest part in overcoming this hydra world Spencer has created, not Sam. Sam could only stand to gain from this, Steve's purpose in this story, if it's not flat out villain (which would be terrible) is still not known and the final Cap fight does not bode well for him. Sam could prove his worth as captain america but he doesn't or shouldn't take the mantel from steve. If that happens, if Sam wins, beats Steve and becomes the one true Cap, then Steve's entire role throughout all of Spencer's controversial storyline would have been a villain for Sam to overcome and prove he's surpassed. Which is garbage. Aside from the fact that in no way could Sam take steve, it's a disservice to Steve's character. That's what happens when you pit hero versus hero, one always ends up the lesser. Marvel does this all the time. The last issue of Cap is promoting a brawl for the title? Why? I agree, why can't both triumph, Sam proves his worth by giving hope in a hopeless situation and rallies the troops, and Cap in the end overcomes the hydra programming himself, WITHOUT an unnecessary brawl where Sam somehow triumphs over steve and take the mantle of Captain America for himself. it's just needless. And yes, the story isn't over, but Marvel has not earned any benefit of the doubt when it comes to their original characters. I heard Nick Spencer explain this storyline by saying that their characters first and symbols second. Which is true. BUT, these characters mean something, so the stories shouldn't really be nonsensical twists and soap opera drama. I was actually okay with Steve retiring and Sam taking over. In my opinion only him or Bucky have any right to carry on the legacy, and Sam's personality fits it more. What I hate, is one hero getting beaten and destroyed to prop up another.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Again with the Scarlet Witch/Rogue bickering? I was really hoping they would be done with this crap.
    Not if this throws fans against fans and boosts sales.

I can see the dialogue:

Rogue: Where were you when we needed you with the Red Skull and Simon? And why did you help Hydra?

Wanda: I did everything could to help Simon and I had to solve personal problems before returning to the team and did not help Hydra on my own free will and you should know better than anyone what it is to be manipulated by villains.

MS. MARVEL #21
    G. WILLOW WILSON (W) • Marco Failla (A)
    Cover by VALERIO SCHITI
    • Keep your friends close and your enemies closer – a familiar adage for a veteran hero like Ms. Marvel.
    • But when Kamala discovers that one of her old friends has joined forces with her enemies, things get a LOT more complicated…

I bet it's Bruno being controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I thought generations want a time travel story... but these few solicits state otherwise

“These stories do happen, they really count,” he said. “They really matter. This isn’t some alternate reality story or some time-travel story.”

http://www.cbr.com/original-wolverin...nerations/amp/
    Well that's what we get from trusting marvel.
    But let's be frank would be difficult to happen without time travel or alternative realities.
    Last edited by Knives; 05-23-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Thoughts:

- So Jane isn't even going to team-up with classic Thor? Just young, pre-Mjolnir, Thor? That's a bit of a bummer .

- Well, Cho hasn't really struggled with the curse like Bruce did, except when he's in one of his moods, but that's okay. Kinda get the sense from the Hawkeye and Hulk Generations descriptions that the issues are going to end with the Legacies proving their better then their predecessors in some regards...

- So I guess Sam comes in with the last of the Cosmic Cube pieces to help restore Steve. Fitting, if nothing else.

- Looks like we'll be meeting some new heroes in this upcoming USAvengers arc. And...is that Captain Britain ?

- Kinda feels late to be shining a spotlight on the Hydra Avengers.

- Wow, the actual Ultimates appearing in Ultimates? Didn't see that coming. Curious to see the context for their appearance though, and how Ewing will handle them.

- The Tony AI going rogue is like the most predictable plot you could have ever come up with. I'm not looking forward to seeing Bendis write Tony again, either in Generations or when he gets out of that coma.

- Dear lord, that Hulkverine even has Logan's hair .

- Be nice to see Patsy back in the book, though her Hellcat mask on that cover reminds me a lot of Batgirl's cowl...

- So Wanda is back with the Avengers (yay!) but she and Rogue are back to being at each other's throats (meh). One step forward, two steps back...though at least the cover is nice.

- You forget that the rest of the Defenders shouldn't know Matt's secret identity anymore, so it looks like that wrinkle is going to be addressed here.

- A Danny and Shang team-up sounds awesome, but is that Shang's new look on that cover? Surprisingly retro (aside from the beard).

- "when you need to make the world worth saving, you call the Wasp." I like that.

- "In the wake of Ezra’s life one thing is certain: the world needs the Crew now more than ever!" Says the solicits for a book that's just been cancelled...

- I guess it shows Coates' clout that he can promote and focus on the T'Challa/Ororo relationship/romance as much as he has in his run.

- The Fraternity of Raptors is back. Yes!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RebirthgotmebackintoDC View Post
    Not saying that Sam should just sit on the sidelines, I'm saying that since it's Steve who's character and actual history is being destroyed and dragged through the mud in this story, then it should be him that plays the largest part in overcoming this hydra world Spencer has created, not Sam. Sam could only stand to gain from this, Steve's purpose in this story, if it's not flat out villain (which would be terrible) is still not known and the final Cap fight does not bode well for him. Sam could prove his worth as captain america but he doesn't or shouldn't take the mantel from steve. If that happens, if Sam wins, beats Steve and becomes the one true Cap, then Steve's entire role throughout all of Spencer's controversial storyline would have been a villain for Sam to overcome and prove he's surpassed. Which is garbage. Aside from the fact that in no way could Sam take steve, it's a disservice to Steve's character. That's what happens when you pit hero versus hero, one always ends up the lesser. Marvel does this all the time. The last issue of Cap is promoting a brawl for the title? Why? I agree, why can't both triumph, Sam proves his worth by giving hope in a hopeless situation and rallies the troops, and Cap in the end overcomes the hydra programming himself, WITHOUT an unnecessary brawl where Sam somehow triumphs over steve and take the mantle of Captain America for himself. it's just needless. And yes, the story isn't over, but Marvel has not earned any benefit of the doubt when it comes to their original characters. I heard Nick Spencer explain this storyline by saying that their characters first and symbols second. Which is true. BUT, these characters mean something, so the stories shouldn't really be nonsensical twists and soap opera drama. I was actually okay with Steve retiring and Sam taking over. In my opinion only him or Bucky have any right to carry on the legacy, and Sam's personality fits it more. What I hate, is one hero getting beaten and destroyed to prop up another.
    You are seeing things that are simply not there.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So Alonso just straight-up lied about Generations not being time-travel stories? Because 3 out of 5 Generations books seem to very explicitly indicate it is. Let's see how much they'll matter, then. At least the Thors solicitation seems to imply there will be future consequences because of that particular event.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-23-2017 at 11:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RebirthgotmebackintoDC View Post
    Steve will come out of this just fine.

How that will happen, I don't know. But he will. This is not going to be about Sam crushing evil Steve and becoming Captain America.

When this all comes to a conclusion and Steve is back to being himself again and fans realize that, hey, they probably should've just enjoyed the storyline and not overreacted, I wonder how long it will take for them to forget that lesson and freak out over another plotline. Not long, I'm guessing. And of course when people remind them that things turned out fine with Hydra Cap, the response will be "But this time it's different!!"

Astonishing Member

I keep looking over all the titles and I'm like....My wallet is f***, this will probably be the most I spend on comics in one month ever. I honestly don't know how i'm going to afford it.

I'm happy that they're attempting to reconnect BP and Storm. Looks like they are going to try and make it right this time. What I'm not feeling is the gloom and doom over Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. I can understand it being for drama sake for a while but it's been going on for a while. The only thing is that they better not break up. Marvel already received some negative PR from their diversity doesn't sale comment, after all the good will they gotten from bringing diversity to the front to begin with, the last thing they should consider is divorcing literally their only Interracial Marriage in marvel comics.

Fantastic Member

I'm personally most excited for the original ultimates return.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I keep looking over all the titles and I'm like....My wallet is f***, this will probably be the most I spend on comics in one month ever. I honestly don't know how i'm going to afford it.
    My thoughts exactly. Some tough choices will have to be made!

BANNED

Marvel really needs to put out that Avengers #10 cover as a poster, by the way. I freaking love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Marvel really needs to put out that Avengers #10 cover as a poster, by the way. I freaking love it.
    Might be worth keeping an eye on POD sites like Art.com or allposters.com. Last I asked, they get the licenses for various Marvel covers several months down the line.

Why do all those solicits for Generations talk about time travel when they've been going on so long about how all these stories are "real"?!

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJW009 View Post
    Why do all those solicits for Generations talk about time travel when they've been going on so long about how all these stories are "real"?!
    It has to some form time travel to explain why this story involves both CapMav Carol Danvers and Ms Marvel Danvers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJW009 View Post
    Well, to be fair time travel stories are just as real in comics as any other. Just because there's time travel involved doesn't mean they don't count.