View Poll Results: How are you enjoying your favorite character in ResurrXion?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doing great so far

12 10.91%
  • Not liking how my favs written

16 14.55%
  • Too early to tell

32 29.09%
  • My favs dead or not featured in any of the current x-books

50 45.45%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Poll: How is your favorite character faring in ResurrXion?

ResurrXion is now in full swing with all the titles at least having their first issues published. The setups and casts are now all revealed. Here's an opportunity to see how your favorite x-character is being treated in ResurrXion.

Personally the way my favorite characters are written, or if their even present, has a huge impact on how much I like a given book. Much more so than the creative team, the setup, other cast members, villain, etc. I'm curious how you all feel about your favs.

Just a few points up front. ResurrXion is still new, I get it. This is not a question of how the how you feel about the whole re-launch. This is about the current state of your favorite character as written today.

Hopefully this poll will provide a baseline for (CBR) fans that we can re-run down the line to see if the numbers are getting better or worse.

BANNED

Too early, we barely have a grasp on just Gold and Blue and some books haven't launched yet (Iceman, Cable, Astonishing X-Men). I'd give it several more months.

Niffleheim

My favourite characters are in a book but they might as well be invisible. ResurrXion is more of an Apparition than a relaunch.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Going with my top five X-Men:

Northstar - Slated for a cameo in the Iceman book, which I'd be buying anyway

Nightcrawler - Regular feature in X-Men: Gold. Unfortunately, I'm just not excited for the book.

Chamber - Guest spots in Generation X. See above.

Cypher - Not on any rosters.

Surge - Wallpaper at best.

So, not terrible on paper. More than half are doing better than pre-IvX. I just wish I was excited about more of it.

Honorable mention: Aurora. Was doing quite well before Captain Marvel relaunched again, and is pretty much wallpaper now when she gets page time at all. But the new book looks very not good, so maybe that's a blessing in disguise.

Jean is leading X-Men Blue and having her solo, and I've been liking both books so far, so doing great I say. Kitty and Rachel are also doing good on Gold, though I wish Kitty wasn't such a Mary Sue, and I'm excited for Bobby's book.

don't need to wait several more months...my favorite character is being portrayed as creepy and stalker-ish and they have him wearing a monokini

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Cyclops - Dead.
    Emma - Being portrayed as kinda crazy.
    Banshee - In comic book limbo. Also all Apocalypse-y.
    Jubilee - Still a vampire.
    Cable - back to being a cyborg, which sucks, but at least he was being written well in "Uncanny Avengers."
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

not liking it at all

cyclops isn't around and i refuse to acknowledge that teen hack

Logan is doing quite well. Older but still getting around a lot.

Cable it's too early to tell. His book finally comes out next week! Yay.

Surge is......playing basketball in Limbo (both ones).

BANNED

Laura is still shut out from the team books. Generations looks like it should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    cyclops isn't around and i refuse to acknowledge that teen hack
    I acknowledge him as a different character. I suppose this isn't how Marvel wants me to think about it but it is my truth. Being a Cyke fan does not make me a Tyke fan. The same is true for Jeen and the rest of the O5 in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I acknowledge him as a different character. I suppose this isn't how Marvel wants me to think about it but it is my truth. Being a Cyke fan does not make me a Tyke fan. The same is true for Jeen and the rest of the O5 in my opinion.
    i agree. i hate that all the great character development is gone and they expect me to embrace this little wannabe. not gonna happen. the 05 can leave any day now

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jean is leading X-Men Blue and having her solo, and I've been liking both books so far, so doing great I say. Kitty and Rachel are also doing good on Gold, though I wish Kitty wasn't such a Mary Sue, and I'm excited for Bobby's book.
    Regardless of whatever else may be going on it's nice to see Jeen fans getting some love.