View Poll Results: How are you enjoying your favorite character in ResurrXion?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doing great so far

12 10.91%
  • Not liking how my favs written

16 14.55%
  • Too early to tell

32 29.09%
  • My favs dead or not featured in any of the current x-books

50 45.45%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Where are you getting the majority are dissatisfied? 31% said it's too early and 43% said their faves aren't being handled at all so essentially sitting out any quality judgement.

Only 15% are actually dissatisfied which is not all that far from the 11% satisfied.
    Are you saying that having your favorite character be deceased or not included in an x-book counts as neutral? I'll have to disagree with that interpretation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Are you saying that having your favorite character be deceased or not included in an x-book counts as neutral? I'll have to disagree with that interpretation.
    It's not giving a positive/negative judgement on the actual handling of resurrXion. It's like checking n/a.

BANNED

It looks like Storm is doing better outside the X-books. She's significant in Miss America's ongoing solo, written well in Black Panther and The Crew as well as in Black Panther's ongoing solo.

In X-men Gold, she doesn't really do much.

And she's just on covers of Secret Empire.

Being mostly a fan of characters who aren't A-Listers who are always in a book I would have to say that my favorites obviously aren't featured in any book at the moment. But I wasn't expecting them to be as they usually get a chance to shine once in every blue moon. But if we're talking about my most favorite A- and B-List X-Men my answer is that it's too early to tell because so far only Shadowcat, OML & O5 have had any real focus while everyone else has been supporting characters at best. So we'll have to wait & see but right now it's not looking great for my favorites since my least favorites like Kitty, OML & O5 seem to be the major focuses of Gold & Blue.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 05-24-2017 at 05:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Rogue - still on Uncanny Avengers, which I really hate. The rest of the UA cast I do not care for. But,... she will be in Astonishing, so I'm looking forward to that.

Cyclops - Dead, bummer, normally I would think it would not take long. But that's what I thought of Phoenix and Wolverine as well and they're still dead.

Cannonball - On USAvengers, which I do not read

Sunspot - On USAvengers, which I do not read

Iceman - Got his own solo, which I applaud. Hope it will be good

Hope - MIA so far, but will appear on Jean Grey for an issue. Hope she will get more face time afterwards.

Hijak - IMO the best new character of the last 10 years, loved how he got that SHIELD army. MIA right now. But Morph and Triage appeared in the books lately, so will Eva soon. So I still have hopes up.

Emma - Will be shown soon

Cuckoos - Well we saw Phoebe in Generation X. I think the other two might be around there, or ended up with Emma

Indra - Was shown in a few cameos in Gold. Let's hope he gets more time to shine after Secret Empire.

So, I'm happy. It's way better the the recent year to say the least.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    It's not giving a positive/negative judgement on the actual handling of resurrXion. It's like checking n/a.
    Agreed. Dead or not in the books is like a "Can't Vote"

Astonishing Member

No Havok in any of the titles so far and no mention of Maddy Pryor either so, so far meh.

My top 5: Psylocke won't show up until July in Astonishing. Hoping she fares well under Soule. My second and third favorites, Storm and Nightcrawler, are holding their own in Gold, but are definitely playing second fiddle to Kitty and OML. Polaris is nowhere to be found except for a blurb in an upcoming book, and Kitty is the only one who's featured prominently in a book right now. The second half of my top 10 (Rogue/Gambit/Havok/Iceman/Cecelia Reyes) fare even worse with none of them a member of any of the current books and only Gambit/Cece making an appearance so far.

Still...Ressurextion brought me back on board after 2-3 years of being off. and it's more enjoyable than anything in the last five years, barring Bunn's magnificent run on Uncanny of course.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 05-24-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Magneto - still being written by Bunn, which I'm grateful for. He's currently the best writer for the job. Not thrilled that I'm going to have to read Blue at some point to catch up with him though, as the O5 are a turn off.

Polaris - Due to appear in Blue. First appearance since the end of the Magneto solo as far as I'm aware. Too early to tell.

Quicksilver - Still retconned into being not a mutant, but with UU Quicksilver having a role in Blue, things could get interesting with at least one version of Pietro. Have not liked his characterization in Uncanny Avengers as a whole.

X-23/Wolverine - Currently limited to her solo, which may be a good or a bad thing considering literally every single writer except Taylor has done a horrific job with her recently. I however am not too thrilled with the current direction of All New Wolverine. Taylor has made her feel kind of boring, sorry to say. I'm also not really into cosmic level stories involving X-Men. I'm actually considering taking a break from the book and catching up at a later time when things seem more appealing. But I'm going to hang in there for a couple more issues and see if the story manages to grab me.

Hellion - Has not been seen since he contracted M-Pox and was taken in by the Inhumans for treatment. No clue if or when he'll be seen again.

Aurora - Wallpaper at best.

Emma Frost - Was last given an insulting portrayal of being utterly insane over Cyclops. Do not have much faith in her scheduled appearances.

Most of the characters I'm interested in are in the Astonishing line-up, and since that's not out yet I'm in the "too early to tell" camp.

BANNED

• Gambit: currently in Gold. Which I'm not that fond of. He's just going to be reduced to another side character for Kitty (who is basically the new Felicity Smoak). Will be joining Astonishing in June, which looks great.
    • Psylocke: Whereabouts unknown. Cameo in Jean Grey #5. Then will be in Astonishing
    • Daken: MIA. Appearing in Iceman #4 (potential love interest) and hinted at being in All-New Wolverine at a later date. I would like to see Old Man Logan, Laura, Daken and Jimmy together. The old man and his children...
    • Armor: Last appeared in Gold as a throwaway character. Alternate version just appeared in Blue.
    • Pixie: Appeared for one panel in Gen X. Ought to be utilized more often for sure. Hopefully joins X-Men Blue
    • Banshee: MIA since the Horseman of Apocalypse storyline in Uncanny Avengers. One of the only classic X-Men missing from RessurXion
    • Shatterstar: MIA. Hopefully will show up in the upcoming Mojo arc, alongside Spiral. It's a nice thought.
    • X-Man: MIA. Last appearances were in New Mutants and Fearless Defenders. Hopefully he resurfaces, either in the Jean Grey or Cable books. I really want a full Grey get-together
    • Blink: This is technically two characters, as there is AoA Blink and prime Blink. Both are MIA. There have been indications that at least one of them will make a comeback. Probably due to having appeared in X-Men Days of Future Past and will be in Gifted.
    • Hellion, Hollow, Husk, Mimic and Nocturne: All unlikely to get any big roles in any upcoming titles, but I'd like to see them nonetheless. Hellion was last seen with M-pox. I want him healed and allied with Emma. Hollow is a mystery. Husk hasn't been seen since becoming school counselor at the JGS. Mimic is MIA. Nocturne hasn't been seen in years.

As a whole, it could be worse, but it could also be a lot better. I'm not overly impressed with X-Men Gold or Generation X yet, and I think Cable was the wrong choice for an X-Men solo book. Time will tell, but I don't think Marvel will ever acknowledge and do justice to all of their most prominent mutants. Hopefully at least a couple of those I mentioned will show up somewhere. There were also talks of a new RessurXion book, so it's possible we'll see more characters there. New Mutants or Emma Frost's X-Men seem the most likely
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 05-24-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Those would be kitty pryde/X-men gold Laura Kinney/all new wolverine and rogue/uncanny avengers, Jean grey/X-men blue and Jean grey solo, so it's great actually.

And I have a love and hate relationship with Emma frost as a character but I wasn't at all bothered by how she was handled towards the ending of ivx since honestly I knew it was inevitable that she would be a villian again now how long that will be her status quo as a character remains to be seen and besides she's in good hands with writer Cullen bunn with X-men blue, and Jim zub with secret empire United.

As for psylocke and magneto? Well magneto so far from what little we've seen magneto with X-men blue and his involvement and role in secret empire I must say I like it a lot, and psylocke I've sadly haven't seen much done with her character since ivx ended and we probably won't until secret empire United.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 05-24-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Storm - Could be replaced by a lamp

Nightcrawler - Just a teleportation tool for the team. Might as well be Lockjaw, but even Lockjaw has more story
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well, Rachel is in a main book and is showing up in other books nowadays so I say that this is a big step up from limbo.

BANNED

Eh, I'm not complaining.