• Deadpool

13 7.14%
  • Black Widow

16 8.79%
  • Other (please comment)

19 10.44%
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Magneto is notorious for sticking up for mutsntkind. Have no idea what fan fiction your talking about..Rogue is proof of Magneto's convictions(Uncanny #269)
    Mags isnt above telling and presenting lies..... Has he ever come clean about Eric the Red mind rape and unjust imprisonment just for a distraction to suit his agenda?

So much of his mystery is you can't really trust what he's going to do. He keeps his agendas hidden with viewed truths. Not the hall mark of honesty. But what makes him very interesting to read.
    Last edited by Jiraiya; 05-25-2017 at 01:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Mags isnt above telling and presenting lies..... Has he ever come clean about Eric the Red mind rape and unjust imprisonment just for a distraction to suit his agenda?

So much of his mystery is you can't really trust what he's going to do. He keeps his agendas hidden with viewed truths. Not the hall mark of honesty. But what makes him very interesting to read.
    Come forward for exposing the biggest coward in mutantkind history? Lol. Rogue was so pleased she left Gambit to die after his traitorous actions were exposed.

Come forward for exposing the biggest coward in mutantkind history? Lol. Rogue was so pleased she left Gambit to die after his traitorous actions were exposed.
    LOL.... an act driven by his remorse and guilt.. during which he almost the died trying to save someone after discovering his immense foolhardyness so maybe not such a coward nice try thoug. I believe is the Canon response to that... something she felt remorse about hardly what you are pretending it is.... CONTEXT matters.

But again you dodge the reply and question. Proof he lies tortures, and hurts the innocent for his gain.. Rogue didn't deserve that nor did he have the right to violate her in such a way with out her consent.. Too hard.?

Mags is definitely all killer and no filler.... makes him intense though..
    Last edited by Jiraiya; 05-25-2017 at 02:24 AM.

I voted Gambit, but I did so knowing it's one of those relationships that has a lot of fans, despite being horribly mismanaged at times. Ever since the Xtreme X-men days, it seems as though every X-men writer goes out of their way to either ignore the history between these two or refuse to develop it. Because I think both characters have great chemistry with each other. I think there's a lot to like about a relationship where both of them have a history of being criminals or villains. It's just one of those relationship that never gets a chance to actually function like some of Marvel's other iconic relationships. I'm hoping Charles Soule can set something up in Astonishing X-men. He did great work in Superman/Wonder Woman. If he can do the same with Rogue/Gambit, then I think that'll be good for both characters in the long run.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

That's right. He did write Superman/Wonder Woman... But recent history tells me Gambit is going to be punked for the sake of Rogue.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I voted Gambit, but I did so knowing it's one of those relationships that has a lot of fans, despite being horribly mismanaged at times. Ever since the Xtreme X-men days, it seems as though every X-men writer goes out of their way to either ignore the history between these two or refuse to develop it. Because I think both characters have great chemistry with each other. I think there's a lot to like about a relationship where both of them have a history of being criminals or villains. It's just one of those relationship that never gets a chance to actually function like some of Marvel's other iconic relationships. I'm hoping Charles Soule can set something up in Astonishing X-men. He did great work in Superman/Wonder Woman. If he can do the same with Rogue/Gambit, then I think that'll be good for both characters in the long run.
    Ignore th history? U mean the history that revolves around angst and endless flirtation? That's 90% of the Rogue/Gambit charade. It was torture reading that craziness. They built that storyline after AoA for a damn wack confrontation where Gambit refused to be a man? Pure soap opera crap(X Men #45).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    LOL.... an act driven by his remorse and guilt.. during which he almost the died trying to save someone after discovering his immense foolhardyness so maybe not such a coward nice try thoug. I believe is the Canon response to that... something she felt remorse about hardly what you are pretending it is.... CONTEXT matters.

But again you dodge the reply and question. Proof he lies tortures, and hurts the innocent for his gain.. Rogue didn't deserve that nor did he have the right to violate her in such a way with out her consent.. Too hard.?

Mags is definitely all killer and no filler.... makes him intense though..
    No. He a was a coward alright because he thought about killing Psylocke after she was in that coma from the Sabretooth attack. Then he raced to find Rogue and Bobby when she called and was putting his Sinister past together..lol. Deadpool has MORE guts than that.

Magneto killed right in front of Rogue and they went on with their business. Another day in the crusade of Erik Lehnsherr...she didn't even really care he did the EMP pulse either, if you want get nitpicky. All she cared about was Magneto walking out of it alive...the same way he made sure she stayed alive when that Carol Danvers ghost had her at death's door. Wolverine near death..Xavier groggy and barely alive yet she raced to Magneto's side. Canon indeed.

Dodge the question? I guess u missed Legacy #249...yeah...Rogue is definitely losing sleep over Magneto exposing Gambit...lol
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 05-25-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Amazing Member

Real question is "Who is Rogue's most compatible long-term writer, so that his favorite male character?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    There are biological reasons (the chemistry and structure of brains) that determine whether we are male or female. So most likely Bobby views himself as male because he has a masculine brain.

Sorry for laying down some science. Trigger warning? (not directed at you Remydat, just in general)
    But does he actually have a brain? That doesn't seem likely given his ice form. He has a consciousness obviously but not sure that consciousness is actually tied to a human brain rather than being psionic in nature. In any event, probably not all that relevant for a Rogue thread, lol.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

... oh apologies. Please continue.
    Last edited by jen; 05-25-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Lets make it happen x-fans. We all know Iceman was made gay as a response to the long standing fan shipping. Lets do it again by making an IcemanXRogue fling a reality. lol
    It worked on Bendis, it could happen again!
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

No. He a was a coward alright because he thought about killing Psylocke after she was in that coma from the Sabretooth attack. Then he raced to find Rogue and Bobby when she called and was putting his Sinister past together..lol. Deadpool has MORE guts than that.

Magneto killed right in front of Rogue and they went on with their business. Another day in the crusade of Erik Lehnsherr...she didn't even really care he did the EMP pulse either, if you want get nitpicky. All she cared about was Magneto walking out of it alive...the same way he made sure she stayed alive when that Carol Danvers ghost had her at death's door. Wolverine near death..Xavier groggy and barely alive yet she raced to Magneto's side. Canon indeed.

Dodge the question? I guess u missed Legacy #249...yeah...Rogue is definitely losing sleep over Magneto exposing Gambit...lol
    Wow you really see things through a lens. So Gambit is a coward for openly admitting that he could have killed Psylocke when he thought she knew something but didn't. I could be wrong and I'll look later but didn't say he was considering it, he said "I could have". How does talking about something he didn't have to in front of people, cowardly? He could have just left that whole part out. If you want to judge him on his bravery, then yes, he could have told her (Rogue) back in Seattle. But I guess you're just grasping at straws at this point because you keep beating on this dead horse of a retcon. She's gone back to him since all this, so what's your point exactly? Besides, he proposed, she turned him (Magneto) down. Let it go. Take second place and be happy bucko. ;P
    Last edited by donpricetag; 05-25-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

According to the poll, Remy's not just leading the pack...he's miles in front of it. Just sayin'.

Astonishing Member

As far as most compatible goes, without question. They have most in common and you could see them actually, believablebly, picture just hanging out. I will say deadpool is far less sexist than roguneto, but it's hard to picture deadpool not driving anyone crazy after a while. Who would be a good match for deadpool? Someone who is 'crazy' like him and wouldn't just constantly endure his craziness, like the long suffering, 'saint' girlfriend character in a comedy movie who constantly puts up with bs and bad decisions the whole movie. I don't know enough about his past girlfriends to know if any of them would work. Copycat was the one in the movie, what was she like in the comics?

BANNED

I voted Gambit. I only know that relationship from comics and 90s cartoon... I didn't even hear the rest except Magneto until now. Black Widow was tempting though :P pretty hot...